o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:56 am
So I was wondering...
Is your personality the same on the internet as it
is in real life? Do you chat to people as much? Are you as
outgoing and confident? Do you prefer internet friends or
reality and do you prefer internet life or reality in general?

Discuss.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:00 am
i am a lot more shy IRL.
on the internet you can be someone else.
i have a ton of friends on Gaia.
but IRL i sit at home, i'm a stay at home wife.
don't get me wrong, i have friends, but they are
more the close knit, family kind of friends. lol.

Seawicket

pauliana

Sparkly Gaian

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 am
I'm the same in internet and in the real life., but different in a little way couz in the net i can say that i can express my true me than in the real life. but i'm the same in terms of chatting and making friends

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:47 am
I'm the same online as I am offline.  

Matron Mord Sith

Epicfied

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:48 am
Online.. I'm more me. I don't have to hide anything. In real life, I hide that I'm bi.. online I don't. In real life, I don't talk about everything my mom does, online I can. In real life, I put on a fake smile. I normally don't have to act like I'm happy online, my friends online can tell automatically and try to cheer me up. I'm the same person, and I don't act like something I'm not, I'm just more me when I'm online.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:39 pm
I like to think that I'm the same both online and offline. My personality seems to be the same, anyway. However, I seem to be a lot more polite online, which is kind of weird. I'm also more social on the Internet, too. I might have more online friends than I do offline friends. I also feel like I can talk about anything online since nobody here knows me in real life.  

Rei Uchikino

u nd i

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:44 pm
I am definitely the same.
Blunt, to the point, truthful and articulate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:44 pm
I'm the same. =3=  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:48 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I'm the same to a degree. I have a bit more confidence on the internet than in real life.

Edit: Now that I think about it I think I have a better presentation on the internet. I have a southern accent with a Eastern Kentucky dialect which translate as ignorance to a lot of people in real life. I know a lot about a lot of things regardless to if I pronounce the name correctly and frankly it is nice to not be constantly corrected by people when I say words incorrectly. I understand correction, but more people do it in a way that says "I'm smarter than you because I pronounce it "clothes" not "close"". I think with text you have a more unbiased opinion of people and their own opinions.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 pm
I'm more peacful IRL sweatdrop It takes me a while to blow up in reality.  

Azusanga

Nicky Cade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:20 pm
I'm the same online and off. Sure I'm a bit more reserved when I first meet a new person IRL, but many people are until they get a feel for a person.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 pm
When I was younger I would have said that I was completely different online then in real life and I was also preferred my online friends to my real ones. Now I am more like myself online mainly since I am twenty and I have been on Gaia for six years. I believe in the beginning of my Gaia life I wanted to be someone different, I wanted to be what people liked. It worked but it wasn't me. But I have found to connect myself to the online world from the real world. I prefer this since this is me and not something else.  

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

Nicky Cade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:46 pm
Serenus Vindicta
When I was younger I would have said that I was completely different online then in real life and I was also preferred my online friends to my real ones. Now I am more like myself online mainly since I am twenty and I have been on Gaia for six years. I believe in the beginning of my Gaia life I wanted to be someone different, I wanted to be what people liked. It worked but it wasn't me. But I have found to connect myself to the online world from the real world. I prefer this since this is me and not something else.
Wow, we're a lot alike! I'm twenty now as well and back in middle school I would have taken my computer life over my real one any day. I've balanced, if not totally changed my view now thankfully.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:50 pm
I'm pretty much the same, I'm a tad more outgoing but anonymity tends to do that. Otherwise I'm essentially the same.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

Stiletto Hell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:01 pm
I guess i kinda let loose online I am way more quiet because I don't like making eye contact with people here on the internet its just words and it won't make my face turn red sooo.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff