No
View Results

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24 am
I am a Jet's fan, and it makes me bias, but I have a question for everyone.

Where is all the respect for the Jets. No one is talking about the Jet's Bengals game anywhere. There is one article on the Yahoo front page, and none in the Washington Post sports section when I looked the other day. Yet there are multitudes of articles all over about the other three games. It was three weeks ago when we beat the Colts after they rested their starters when they took the lead 15-10. We held the Colts to 15 for the entire time Manning played. (which was more then half of the game). Then we completely embarrassed their second string. Then we obliterated the Bengals 100% with a 37-0 whooping, and held Palmer to 1-11 with 0 passing yards. We got 0 respect for this because they were not playing their hardest. That's fine, but what's the excuse for counting the Jet's out now?

We crushed the Bengals once more, and this time when it counted. We have the number 1 defense (with only one pro-bowler is another slight). The number 1 run game and we are playing mistake free football. So will someone tell me why no one seems to respect us? Hell we are even doing with without some of our best players!? Leon Washington and Kris Jenkins are out, and we are still dangerous. The only player you can count out is Braylon Edwards who is still playing football after apparently losing his hands.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:52 am
Because iot really isn't that much of an acomplishment. If we had Polomolu and Rothlesburger then we would have beaten you lucky bastards but we didn't make it to the playoffs so just shut up. Change your diaper. And move on.  

Bored_Hero_55

2,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 pm
I think there is no respect for the Jets partially because Rex Ryan was very cocky at the beginning of the season, skeptical (saying the Jets were out of playoff contention) towards the middle to end of the season, and now pretty cocky again. They also have a rookie quarterback, which makes many pick against them. Also, they beat the Colts and Bengals, both of which rested their starters, easily getting into the playoffs with a win-and-in scenario.

But with their solid defense (Revis!) and their rushing attack, I think that they're a pretty legit team. Even as a Giants fan, I wouldn't really mind the Jets winning the Super Bowl, as long as the city doesn't get too one-sided. I think they have a pretty decent shot, but I already am picking the Chargers to win this week...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm
some say they backed in. if they win this week i think they can go all the way. i would be funny to see them beat the colts since they backed into the play offs. but revis is amazing lol. next champ bailey lol.  

klado the cookie king

KTS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:18 pm
Here's why the team is cocky.

They beat the Colts who had their backups in there and the Bengals who lost to the Raiders.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:18 pm
they have an unpredictable and confident coach

he went from ''well we are out of the playoffs'' to ''im sorry but we have a shot at the playoffs'' to ''to me we should be favorites to win the superbowl''  

god of baseball

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:24 pm
Bored_Hero_55
Because iot really isn't that much of an acomplishment. If we had Polomolu and Rothlesburger then we would have beaten you lucky bastards but we didn't make it to the playoffs so just shut up. Change your diaper. And move on.

Can you imagine a Wild cat that has Leon Washington and Brad Smith? That would be a scary combination.

How about if our already great run defense (I think it is 6th) had Kris Jenkins our starting nose tackle.

I can understand not liking Rex, but we deserve at least one article in the post. We did beat a team that everyone said we wouldn't (Bengals). Even if we do lose to the Chargers we aren't near 100% right now.

Rex counted us out of playoff contention just as I did. Realistically we needed a lot of things to go our way even if we won out. They happened and we won out. He called like everyone saw it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:24 pm
Their coach basically gave up on them before the colts game. Didnt he say something about not being a playoff team. Thats why i dont like them because all of a sudden he thinks there the best. JUST RETARTED!!  

Mr Ronin Arp

Nyuupyon
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:57 pm
Reason why the Jets aren't taken seriously is.... They got in through a lot of luck.

The Colts were ahead 15-10. Then they rested everyone. If the Colts actually played that game, we wouldn't have the conversation. The Jets would be out of it.

Also... Rex Ryan. Nobody really likes him. Meh. He's a weird guy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:32 pm
Or what if the NUMBER ONE (do you know what's better then one? Nothing) could have stopped them. Wayne was already a non factor and the Jets play much better second half ball.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:55 pm
Saverio C.
Or what if the NUMBER ONE (do you know what's better then one? Nothing) could have stopped them. Wayne was already a non factor and the Jets play much better second half ball.

Yes, Revis is a beast, and he would have been able to handle Reggie Wayne pretty well. But in my opinion, the Colts still would have been able to use Dallas Clark to spread the Jets' defense, and win that game. That's why I'm picking the Chargers to win this week. Vincent Jackson may be covered well by Revis, but Antonio Gates will push San Diego forward.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:10 am
Dude-LAP
Saverio C.

Yes, Revis is a beast, and he would have been able to handle Reggie Wayne pretty well. But in my opinion, the Colts still would have been able to use Dallas Clark to spread the Jets' defense, and win that game. That's why I'm picking the Chargers to win this week. Vincent Jackson may be covered well by Revis, but Antonio Gates will push San Diego forward.

Not to mention Sproles and Tomlinson are also great weapons out of the backfield in the passing game.  

Nyuupyon
Captain

KTS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:23 am
Nyu-kun
Dude-LAP
Saverio C.

Not to mention Sproles and Tomlinson are also great weapons out of the backfield in the passing game.
True, they don't need to pass the ball to LT or Sporles they can give it to them in the Running game as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:42 pm
Because they didn't win the AFC East.

Go pats heart

Please no jokes about the Ravens game sweatdrop  

Perfext

Oreion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:13 pm
Saverio C.
Bored_Hero_55

Can you imagine a Wild cat that has Leon Washington and Brad Smith? That would be a scary combination.

How about if our already great run defense (I think it is 6th) had Kris Jenkins our starting nose tackle.

I can understand not liking Rex, but we deserve at least one article in the post. We did beat a team that everyone said we wouldn't (Bengals). Even if we do lose to the Chargers we aren't near 100% right now.

Rex counted us out of playoff contention just as I did. Realistically we needed a lot of things to go our way even if we won out. They happened and we won out. He called like everyone saw it.

Really thats the first thing you jump to, Wildcat? Like I said earlier before the year Wildcat= FAD. Anyway no I think the Jets aren't for real, yet. They are a soon to be force but right now unpredictable. If any team were to pull a Arizona, I think it would be the Jets. If they beat the Chargers than the Colts, I think they could win a Superbowl against any NFC team.  
The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games