Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]
[LOG] Stripes And Spots, Sweet And Solemn (Yale x Aulii)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:03 pm
Yale'buana:
Yale sat at the base of a tree, running his paw over the bark. When he was younger, he had drawn his claws over it, gouging two claw marks into it. He came once every full moon to see how the marks looked. They had finally faded slightly, but were still there. Interesting.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia was enjoying the small amount of freedom her mother had given her, now that she was older. She was able to walk further around the pride by herself, without her mother or father tagging along. It was probably still not very safe, but she trusted the other pride members. In the distance, she spotted a brown and white figure. "Hello!" She called out brightly, happy to spot another creature. Moving quickly, she approached what she soon realised was another leopard. Tilting her head to the side, she blinked. "Why are you bigger than me?"

Yale'buana:
Yale turned at the sound of another and blinked down at the smaller leopard, a female who asked a rather absurd question. He blinked at her in confusion, trying to see if he heard her right.
"Um... Because I'm older?"

Aulii'Naia:
"Oh," she said, still staring up at him with a confused look on her face. "But mama says I'm older too," she tried to explain, hoping he would understand.

Yale'buana:
At that, Yale let out a soft sigh, rolled his eyes, and shook his head.
"No, I meant I'm older than you," he replied, his fire-colored eyes watching the younger leopardess. He remembered her now, a bit. He wasn't very social, but he remembered a lot of things, one of which was the births of all the new cubs in the pride. She was one of... Oh, he'd forgotten her parents' names, not that he really cared.

Aulii'Naia:
She kept her head tilted to the side, still slightly confused by it, but it made a little more sense now. She didn't know many other cubs in the pride, just her own sibblings.
"Oh," she said again, feeling silly for repeating herself now but she didn't know what else to say. "How much older?" She asked rather suddenly, blinking up at him.

Yale'buana:
Yale shrugged in response. He didn't really remember when SHE was born. There were too many litters to keep THAT kind of information.
"I don't know. I remember being around when you were born." His answer was short and simple, how he liked things. Not beating around the bush trying to be subtle.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia was surprised. He must have been quite a bit older then her if he remembered that.
"I don't remember when I was born," she said, laughing a little under her breath. She wondered what it would be like to remember being born.
"Are you too old to play?" She asked, smiling up at him brightly. Maybe he would want to play, she didn't get to play with any others except her sibblings.

Yale'buana:
The older leopard gave her a skeptical look and shrugged again.
"I've always been too old to play," Yale replied truthfully. When he was younger, he'd tried joining in his siblings' play, but he was never really interested in it. There were other things that amused him more.

Aulii'Naia:
"Oh," she said, sounding quite openly disappointed. It wasn't his fault she supposed, but it was a bit of a disappointment. He would have been fun to play with.
"But why? Were you born old?" She asked, trying to come up with a reason why he would want to play. Was it possible to be too old to play? She thought playing was for all ages.

Yale'buana:
"No, just old here," Yale said with a chuckle, touching one paw to the side of his head.
"Playing isn't really a productive use of my time," he added, letting the paw fall, returning to his relaxed, seated position. He saw her disappointment and brushed it away. She probably wanted someone to play with and that just wasn't him.

Aulii'Naia:
"But playing teaches you loads of things," she said brightly, smiling at him. He had a good laugh, she decided. He didn't do it enough though. He should always be laughing and smiling, it was the only way to live life after all. " My sister and I play all the time and we learn how to avoid attacks better because of it." She remembered playing with her sister a lot when they were younger, mostly tackling and pouncing on each other or playing chase-me.

Yale'buana:
Yale stretched out and put his head on his paws, watching her with what some might consider a calculating gaze. It was a common look for him, as he was always trying to analyze and figure things out.
"Oh?" he asked, looking at her curiously. "Do you think you'll be attacked?"

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia tilted her head up proudly, glad she had gotten his attention. She must have it, if he was asking questions after all.
"Mama says everyone in the pride will watch out for me but I know better. I need to know how to protect m'self. Just in case." She puffed out her chest a little, proud of her inititative. She paused in her speach, and eyed him, somewhat suspiciosuly.
"You're not going to attack me, are you?" She didn't think he would. Or she hoped he wouldn't.

Yale'buana:
Yale tilted his head a bit to one side, very similar to a curious bird.
"Do you think I'll attack you?" His voice was low and controlled, testing her judgement. Of course he wouldn't attack her, but she didn't know that. And yet that didn't help him read into her personality. If she said yes or even maybe, she was either too wary or just not very astute. If she said no, then she either knew how to read him or was simply too trusting.

Aulii'Naia:
She eyed him seriously, taking her time to look him over thoroughly. The serious image was ruined when she smiled at him. "No, you look too nice," she told him honestly and brightly. She giggled outloud as she tilted her head to the side, mimicking his pose, childishly. "Plus, if you don't play then you probably don't know how to hunt." She grinned.

Yale'buana:
Yale was about to comment that he didn't really think he looked nice, but before he could she mentioned the hunting part. For all his seriousness and intellect, Yale was a prideful creature and he was determined to show her he was quite capable.
"Of course I know how to hunt!" he exclaimed and pounced at the smaller female, quick as a flash of lightning.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia had been proud of her tease, and continued to grin, though it fell from her face when he called out. Her eyes went wide as he began to move towards her and squealed loudly, dropping down to the ground. She kept her eyes open, watching him as he leapt towards her. She hoped he would miss her, now that she was a small target. Unfortunately, she misjudged her size, thinking she was still as small as when she used to play with her sister.

Yale'buana:
Yale didn't miss, he'd had too much practice in the past to miss.
He grabbed her in a sort of hug and rolled, ending up on his back with the younger leopardess on his stomach.
"See? You don't have to play to learn how to hunt."

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia realised it probably should have been scary but it really wasn't. Instead, she squealed as he rolled them, clinging onto him and giggling as she dropped onto his stomach. She glanced up at him, grey eyes sparkling with laughter. "Okay, okay, you know how to pounce," she admitted, poking her tongue out at him childishly. "But do you know how to race?" She said, bounding off his stomach, and attempting to scramble away. For someone who said they didn't play, the other male was quite good at it so far. She giggled as she ran.

Yale'buana:
Yale sighed once more at the challenge, his pride once more overriding his sense of duty to his experiments. He rolled over and stood, huffing once before he leapt into the trees, climbing up quickly and quietly so as to not alert the small female as he tried to catch up.

Aulii'Naia:
As she ran, she began to pant, not used to running so quickly. Peering back over her shoulder, she stopped. He wasn't there? She huffed, and turned back towards the place she'd come from. Was he still back there? Or had he just left when she ran away. She had given him a good chance to leave, she sighed. Had he run away from her? That was no fun! She began to wander back, peering through the trees trying to find him.

Yale'buana:
With a soft thump as he landed behind her, Yale jumped from the lower branches of the last tree he had been in, grinning in a smug manner he had no idea that he had inherited from his father. He had caught up not long after she stopped and saw real disappointment when she didn't see him chasing her. Perhaps a little too trusting.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia heard a heavy thud behind her and panicked, spinning on her heel back towards the noise. Spotting the male she had been racing from, she didn't even think to try and run away again. Instead, she stayed where she was, here eyes wide. "Wow!" She squealed. "How did you do that?"

Yale'buana:
Yale sat down, his manner cool, smile still smug.
"I climbed. Can't you climb?" he asked in that soft, almost neutral tone of voice. He'd scared her, that was certain, but it was a short-lived scare. He watched the fright leave her face as soon as she realized it was him.

Aulii'Naia:
She grinned at him and shook her head. "Not very well." She shrugged slightly. "I spend most of my time away from the den playing in puddles, not climbing. I don't think Mama likes us doing it either. She thinks we'll get hurt," she sighed, sounding a little wistful. She loved the idea of climbing, seeing as far as she could but it was a dangerous thing to do, or so she'd heard.

Yale'buana:
Yale's smug smile fled to be replaced by a frown at her words. Doing what her mother told her to, she was another one of those?
"I don't understand why everyone is so adamant about pleasing parents," he mused aloud with a small shrug as his tail twitched back and forth a bit once. "My mother doesn't care what I do as long as it doesn't mess with her precious reputation."
His tone sounded just a bit bitter.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia frowned at him, looking curious. "Because they're our parents and we love them?" She suggested honestly. "I mean, don't you love your mother? I'm sure she cares about you more then just her retupation!" What a horrible thought, not being cared for by ones parents. Aulii'Naia had no worries knowing her parents, even her siblings, loved her dearly.

Yale'buana:
"Love is inconsequential," Yale replied with another small shrug, an action he commonly used. "She doesn't care for me and I'm not changing just so that she's happy, nor do I try to make her care when she doesn't already. It's illogical to be what you're not, simply to make others happy."
Logic. That's what he stood by, his anchor. He didn't much see the point in certain feelings, they just got in the way, really. Trust, now that was something he could believe in, but love? No, love wasn't real, not in his mind.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia looked surprised at his words. Sure, they were logical and they did make sense, but love didn't have to. Love was love, it didn't have to be logical. It was just love. "Not even when it improves yourself by doing it?" She asked, trying to reason with him but she was not the most logical girl. "I mean, if you can make yourself better and make someone else happy, wouldn't you do it?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:42 pm
Yale'buana:
Yale raised a paw and waved it slightly, as if deflecting her words and brushing them away, shaking his head.
"Trying to win her favor would not benefit me. I am who I am because I spent my time training and observing rather than trying to win her affections." And in his mind, he felt he was a more capable and better individual for it. He was certainly more knowledgeable and could do things his siblings could not for all his work. His devotion to his own mind and abilities was his advantage.

Aulii'Naia:
She watched him wave his paw, momentarily distracted by the urge to pounce on it but she stopped and frowned lightly. "Oh, but can't you be who you are and still be someone she likes? Even a little?" She asked, looking more then a little curious. "I don't mean, change you you are, I don't think anyone should do that but have you tried to win her affections being who you are?"

Yale'buana:
Yale looked thoughtful for a moment then shook his head and shrugged.
"No, but to be honest, I don't really care either way. I see how my brother and sister struggle to gain her affections and it doesn't interest me." Some might call him a pessimist, but if he was, at least he was an honest one.

Aulii'Naia:
She looked at him, momentarily sad for him. He didn't want his mother to love him, but he had to, or so she thought. Aulii'Naia had a feeling everyone wanted their mother to love them, even if they couldn't admit it. "I bet if she knew you, she'd like you," she said honestly, nodding firmly.

Yale'buana:
Yale smiled again, but it was small and for the first time actually held a hint of sadness to it.
"I doubt that, little one. She'd probably banish me, or worse," he said softly. Oh, he knew the pride laws and he knew very well how his doubts would get him in trouble if he ever voiced them. So he kept them to himself, wondering what was truly right in the world and what was wrong. Perhaps someday he would find the answers to his questions.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia's eyes widened in surprise at his comment, not seeming to notice the slightly sad smile. "Why? You're not evil or mean, you wouldn't be banished!" She said, sounding faintly horrified. Why would he be banished? He wasn't mean. He was nice! "And I'm not that little!" She added, huffing slightly as the name he'd used for her sunk in.

Yale'buana:
"Because I ask too many questions. Questions that could get me into trouble," Yale explained, not wishing to go into further detail than that. Grabbing onto a different topic, the male smirked a bit.
"Ah, but you're little to me."

Aulii'Naia:
She tilted her head to the side curiously and moved closer to him, not prepared to let the topic go just yet. "What kind of questions?" She asked, eagerly watching him in hopes he would tell her. Huffing, she stepped down on his paw heavily. "I'll show you little!" She muttered irritably.

Yale'buana:
Yale yanked his paw away and waved it a bit in an attempt to drive the sting away. He frowned again as she pressed him about his questions and shook his head slowly.
"Not the kind of questions you need to hear," was al he said, his tone low, like a parent telling his offspring to refrain from doing something that could get them into trouble, a warning tone.

Aulii'Naia:
She grinned slightly as he pulled away his paw, stumbling a little because she had still been resting on it when he'd moved it. She had made him react at least, so she obviously wasn't that little. If she had been truely little, she wouldn't have hurt him in the slightly. Turning pleading wide eyes up at him, she said, "I won't tell anybody if you tell me!"

Yale'buana:
Yale shook his head one more time, setting his paw back down.
"No," he said flatly, his ears setting back a bit. "Whether you're honest or not, they are my thoughts and I wish to keep them to myself."
He wasn't being selfish, he was being smart. He would like to ask his questions, but if they were heard by the wrong ears the consequences could be more than he would like.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia wanted to continue bugging him, but he sounded like her mother when she was getting sick of questions. Sighing, she relented and stared at the ground. "Fine, I won't ask." She admitted, but continued on without really pausing. "but just so you know, I was being honest." She couldn't imagine why anyone would bother to lie, it always seemed to catch up with them later.

Yale'buana:
Yale studied her for a moment and looked up, gazing past her with a frown on his face for several heartbeats. But that look passed and he returned his gaze to her with a short nod.
"I'll believe you. Good to see there are some sane leopards around." He was a bit relieved. This little female reminded him a bit of his brother. Caring, curious, and someone he didn't get sick of talking with after a few minutes.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia laughed softly, not realising he was being serious. "You make it sound like there are very few around." She said, sounding more like she was joking. She smiled at him, glad he believed her. Not many people did, but she always told the truth anyway...or at least, most of the truth. Sometimes it was easier just to twist the truth a little.

Yale'buana:
Yale looked sky-wards and sighed, as if exasperated over the truth of his own statements.
"Of those I know, the ratio of sane to mad would surprise you," he replied in all seriousness. He may not be a very interactive male, but he was, if anything, a keen observer. He knew every face in the colony and had a good idea of the dispositions of a number of them.

Aulii'Naia:
"Really?" She sounded surprised, realising he wasn't joking. Oh. Well, she hadn't thought of the pride as being not sane before. "What do you count as 'sane' then?" She asked. Was she sane? She didn't like to think so. Sane sounded boring and plain. Insanity sounds better and much more fun.

Yale'buana:
Yale looked upward in thought and tapped his chin with one paw, his tail lightly tapping the ground as well.
"Hmm, I suppose not overly aggressive, nor making illogical choices on a consistent basis... Being able to give reasons for one's actions more often than not..." He trailed off there. It seemed the most right way to live. There were no reasons for anything else. His life needed reason and when he saw those that often did things without that crucial factor, it made him wonder for their mental state.

Aulii'Naia:
Not realising the seriousness of the conversation, Aulii'Naia yawned and flopped onto her side. Rolling onto her belly in a childish gesture, she peered up at him.
"By that logic, most of the pride isn't sane." She giggled slightly, wondering what it would be like to be in a pride of people who were all insane.

Yale'buana:
"Indeed," Yale agreed as he reached out to wiggle his toes against her belly, curious over what reaction that might result in.
"I suppose there's more to it, it just seems like everyone is mad, and I'm the only one that makes any sense."

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia laughed as he wiggled his toes against her belly, grasping hold of his paw jokingly. "Maybe if you feel like you're the only one making sense, you should try and see it from their point of view." She suggested, smiling upside down at him as she wiggled on her back, playing with his paw. "Maybe their nonsense has some sense to it, just gotta look at it differently." She was looking at things differently now, though she was only upside down. He looked odd upside, she decided.

Yale'buana:
Yale tilted his head at her words. She was a very clever little thing, something that intrigued him. He wondered what more knowledge was tucked away in her mind.
"Hmm, perhaps. We'll just have to see," he said lightly and shook his paw, trying to free it from her hold.

Aulii'Naia:
She crinkled her noise, not releasing his paw just yet. "You even sound like an adult, you're not fully grown yet, do you have to act so big?" She asked, tugging his paw playfully. If it had been her brother or sister, she would have bit it in jest, but she was afraid he would be annoyed at her for it.

Yale'buana:
Yale allowed a slightly amused smile to creep onto his features.
"I like to think I'm as intelligent and cunning as any adult, seems right that I would act like one," he explained and shook his paw again. She wanted him to play, that he knew, but he didn't know the game. His games were much more different from the others'.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia rolled her eyes, "you can be smart and act like a cub still," She pointed out, releasing his paw. She stayed sprawled out on her back, enjoying seeing everything upside down. She grinned up at him, trying to cox him into acting like a cub.

Yale'buana:
When she released his paw, Yale set it back down on the ground. He considered her question carefully and finally shrugged.
"I've only ever acted as I do," he explained passively. "It's just who I am."
He didn't think he really COULD be anything but who he was. Perhaps if he put his mind to it... but he didn't want to be different.

Aulii'Naia:
She sighed and rolled back onto her stomach, pushing herself onto her feet, she watched him with curiousity. "Well, does who you are having a playful side, or is he all grown up and boring?" She asked, not trying to be mean but just honest. From what she'd seen, grown up had very little fun in their lives. She much prefered being young.

Yale'buana:
Yale let out a small huff of a laugh and shook his head.
"I'm afraid my... "playful" side is quite different from others'. So I'm thinking the boring part is most accurate," he replied, being honest as well. He realized she wasn't judging him and that was fine. He was who he was and if that meant being boring to others, well then he supposed he was boring.

Aulii'Naia:
She tilted her head to the side, sitting down not far from him with curiousity plain on her face. "Well, what do you do for fun then?" She loved playing in puddles and things like that, but that sounded too childish for someone as mature as he was. Maybe he liked doing grown up stuff, whatever it was.

Yale'buana:
Yale considered her and how to phrase what he did for amusement. It was a complicated thing for some, so he had to get it right.
"I question and I answer. If I wonder why a bird can fly and we cannot, I amuse myself by watching them until I have a good idea why. If I want to know what is above the trees, I climb as high as I can go, trying to find out. Watch, test, and learn. I appreciate the world around me and feel accomplished when I understand another piece of it," he explained with a slow nod, wondering if she understood what he meant.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia was not the smartest youth. She was clever, at times and she wasn't afraid to ponder the big questions but that...did not sound like her kinda fun. "Oh...that sounds..." she searched for the right word to use, so he wouldn't feel insulted. "...Interesting." She offered, smiling slightly, a little sheepishly.

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:20 pm
Yale'buana:
Yale caught the hesitancy in her voice, figuring she was doing her best not to insult him over his manner of "play", and it made him chuckle. In all honesty, he didn't care if others softened their words towards him, in fact he generally preferred straightforward honesty, but that this little leopardess would do her best to not offend amused him, especially since he had a feeling she didn't really know who he was.
"Are you still being honest?" he asked, raising an eyebrow as his mouth twitched in a ghost of a smile.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia hesistated again. It wasn't her way to soften her words too much, so she wouldn't tell him that she really liked his idea of fun, because really, it sounded kinda dull, but she wouldn't insult him if she could prevent it. He didn't seem like the type that would get too offended, but hurt feelings were never fun.
"A little," she responded reluctantly, before hurrying on. "I mean, It's not really my kind of interesting, but it's still interesting." She looked at him, not really noticing the smile, hoping he wasn't offended.

Yale'buana:
Yale nodded slowly, accepting her answer. It wasn't like he hadn't expected something of the sort. He knew what he did was different from what others liked to do for entertainment. He let out a soft sigh.
"Perhaps I am really the mad one, and everyone else is sane," he pondered aloud, in part believing his own words. What if that really was the case? That he was mad and whom he thought otherwise was really sane. A conundrum to be sure, but one he didn't much feel like investigating.

Aulii'Naia:
She frowned lightly, realising something about the way he talked. To be mad and everyone else is sane, to be sane when everyone else was mad, either way...he was alone. Did he really feel like that? The pride was meant to be a big family, wasn't it? How could he feel so alone in a place so full and so big. She shook her head.
"Either way, you're still the odd one out," she noted lightly. "Do you really feel that alone in the pride?"

Yale'buana:
Yale looked off, his face contemplative as he considered her question. Did he really feel alone? Yes, he supposed he did, most of the time.
"Of a sort," he admitted, but he couldn't leave it at that. There was one member of the colony that he could trust and interact with for long periods of time, besides apparently this little female.
"But... Though we don't always agree, I trust my brother. He is the only one I would think to call a friend."

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia felt a pang of saddness when he admitted he did feel alone. Sure, he had said 'of sorts' but that meant the same thing, right? What a terrible feeling, to be so surrounded by people and feel alone. When he mentioned his brother, she perked up, smiling at him. "M'glad you're not completely alone then!" She tried to lighten up the topic, teasing lightly with a grin, "is he sane too?"

Yale'buana:
Yale's small smile returned at her teasing tone and he looked back to her with a shake of his head.
"Sometimes I wonder," he replied with his own teasing tone. But then his mood sobered again and he nodded.
"He has a level head, though... I don't understand why he pushes himself so hard to make our mother care about him. Sometimes I wor- wonder if it won't hurt him some day."

Aulii'Naia:
She was pleased when he returned the tease, a little disappointed when it went back to the somber topic but she had a strange feeling he didn't have many people to talk with, especially if he only trusted his brother. "Maybe he's not as happy with himself as you are," she suggested with a light shrug and a tilt of her head. "Maybe he needs to know someone loves him, even if he has to push himself to get it."

Yale'buana:
"Maybe..." Yale mused, thinking about it with a small frown. No, no, it wasn't just someone's love Kamau wanted, Yale knew that,
"No, it has to be hers. I'm sure I've told him that I care for him, that he is my brother and the only one I would trust at my back, not in so many words of course, but the same meaning. No, he won't rest until he has Mother's affections."

Aulii'Naia:
She gave him a contemplative look, "same meaning and same words aren't really the same thing." She nodded firmly, "you should tell him, 'nd and I promise it won't make you sound like a girl." She tilted her head to the side as she watched him. "A mama's love is different though. Everyone wants their mama to love them. Even just a little." She sure wanted her mum to love her, and she knew that she did.

Yale'buana:
Yale listened to her counsel him on what to do in regards to his brother and tucked the advice away for later.
But what she said about mothers...
"Not everyone. I don't want what she does not want to give," he said, his tone soft and yet firm at the same time. He wouldn't become a devotee, willing to do anything for another who wished nothing of him. He'd done nothing wrong but to be conceived by the wrong father and she couldn't even stand the sight of them as cubs. HER cubs. No, he wouldn't bend his back to her whims, mother or no.

Aulii'Naia:
She looked at him, almost sadly, though her eyes were still bright with a smile, even if it wasn't visible on her face. "Maybe one day he'll figure that out too," she suggested lightly. "I'm sure if you're there to help, he will." She finally smiled, her confidence in him rather obvious. He was clever, he would figure it out. If he couldn't, well, Aulii'Naia didn't have much home for the other people in the pride.

Yale'buana:
Yale considered her words and nodded slowly.
"Perhaps, some day," he replied and smiled again, reaching out to pat her on the head, the action an almost fond gesture.
"You're quite clever, yourself," he added with another now as he brought his paw back.

Aulii'Naia:
Momentarily glad for the change in conversation, Aulii'Naia giggled and crinkled her nose childishly. She may have grown up a little, but she was still very cublike. "Not really," she said, shaking her head. "Not like you. M'just good at common sense." She wasn't the type to sit and think of lifes big questions, she just acted on her feelings and logic came from that, occasionally.

Yale'buana:
"Ah, but common sense is a good thing to have," Yale replied, tapping her nose lightly with his claw. It was true, common sense was a very good thing to have and it seemed that some people lacked it. It was nice to know some of the colony's new generation had at least some common sense.

Aulii'Naia:
The conversation had been serious for far too long, she decided, giggling when he tapped her nose. She crinkled it again, and grinned. "So is a good sense of humor!" She chirped and pounced towards him. If he wanted to, he could probably sidestep it easily. She wasn't fast moving, a little too awkward in her new size.

Yale'buana:
Yale decided to let her pounce him, actually catching her a bit and falling backwards onto his back. He landed a little roughly, but it didn't really hurt that much. Just an uncomfortable thrum.
"I have a good sense of humor. I just find things funny that others don't, he said with that small smile, blinking at her.

Aulii'Naia:
She grinned, seeming to realise he had let her do that. He was bigger, and could have easily defended her off. It was nice of him, she decided, settling on his stomach comfortably. "That's because you're too clever," she retorted, "No one would know enough to find the same things funny." She rolled her eyes at him slightly.

Yale'buana:
Yale chuckled a bit and somehow managed a shrug in his position.
"True. Perhaps someday I can test you, to see if you are clever enough to find them funny, too." It was merely a suggestion, but it was an interesting idea. He liked testing things, knowing the extent of another's abilities. Might be interesting.

Aulii'Naia:
She giggled along while he chuckled. "I'd just laugh to make you feel like I did," she teased, before shaking her head with a slight sight. "Bet my brother would find them funny. He sounds clever sometimes, like you-" she paused, thinking about her brother. "Except...not." She grinned. There were some similiarties, she knew, but she hadn't met anyone like this male before, so it wasn't fair to compare him to her brother.

Yale'buana:
Yale was actually a bit disheartened by her words. Honesty was logical, it was truth and unbreakable. He like to know the constants in the world and honesty was the key. If she laughed just to make him feel better, he wouldn't know the truth, and that annoyed him, if just a bit.
But then she mentioned HER brother and how he was clever too, like him. Only not. An intriguing thought.
"Is he, now? What do you mean, like me, except not?"

Aulii'Naia:
She rested her head on his chest, yawning lightly. "He doesn't like playing with me either," she said quietly, a little saddened by her own words but she rushed on quickly before he could linger on them. She didn't want him to thinks he didn't like him just cause he wouldn't play. "He's smark though, not as smart as you." He was quite logical at times, though more on the fussy side then anything. "He's a bit of a wuss when it comes to water though," she added, giggling lightly.

Yale'buana:
Yale disregarded her words about her brother not wanting to play with her, not taking them as anything too negative. He knew he didn't play, and that was okay to him. If she didn't like it, that was okay too, because that was her honest opinion.
He scoffed a bit at the water comment and shook his head.
"Silly. Be afraid of what's in the water, not the water itself, if anything," he said and let his head fall back, resting on the ground a bit more comfortably.
"My brother would call my antics "adventures" when we were cubs. I suppose that's better than nothing."

Aulii'Naia:
She peered at him, shaking her head. "He doesn't like getting wet at all. Probably 'cause that means Mama will bathe us afterwards." She tilted her head to the side, obviously curious. "You went on adventures too? What kind of the stuff did you do?" She had gone on her own adventures, but only around the den, her mother wouldn't let her go too far and she had been, to be honest, too afraid to go further.

Yale'buana:
"Even in the heat? He must really not like baths," Yale replied, smiling a bit as he relaxed. She asked him what kind of adventures he went on and glanced up at her.
"Oh, I would explore the human ruins, wander the colony's lands, sometimes I'd even sneak away to explore beyond them, but never too far. I've found caves and lakes, climbed trees to the top and seen farther than I had imagined and still the world stretched on. Sometimes my brother would come, but usually I was alone."

Aulii'Naia:
She relented a little, grinning, "sometimes in the heat, mostly when I splash him." She giggled, remembering the times she'd done it. Her mother had not been pleased, but she could have sworn her mother had been amused too. She sighed as he spoke of his adenvtures. "Wow, that must have been amazing." She peered up at him. "Do you still go on adventures? Do you think you could take me with you sometime?"

Yale'buana:
Yale studied her for a moment before closing his eyes again and relaxing back once more.
"I still do, and I suppose you can come if you wish. I won't stop you," he replied in a soft voice, shrugging again. He'd had Kamau tag along before, he wondered what it'd be like to have her tag along once, how she would react to the sights, if she'd try new things, stuff like that.

Aulii'Naia:
She smiled at him, inwardly thrilled at his comment. It wasn't a definate answer, but it was good enough. "You know, you're a lot nicer then my brother," she mentioned, quite honestly. She nodded firmly and stiffled a yawn. "Next time you go and explore, come get me, okay? Promise?"
reeshie 10:02

Yale'buana:
Yale was quiet for a few moments.
"Nice is not something I hear often," he mused quietly and smiled, though his eyes remained closed.
"Fine, the next time I decide to go exploring, I'll look for you first," he agreed with a short nod.

Aulii'Naia:
Aulii'Naia nodded firmly once more, announcing, "Good!" She settled against his chest, yawning and closing her eyes. "I would be very upset if you didn't." He made a good pillow, she realised, resting her head against his chest comfortably. She giggled to herself, wondering how he would react to that comment, so she decided to keep it to herself.

Yale'buana:
"Okay, I promise." That was something different. Yale wasn't the one to really promise things, mostly because his pride and honesty would hold him to it no matter what. But he didn't see anything wrong in promising he'd take her with on an adventure.

[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games