Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spheal 000

5,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:40 pm
If you want to get an idea of how they might speak, just try to extend your mouth outwards and try to speak. I find that they would not use any r, l, v or f sounds, and that they would probably have a vowel at the end of each syllable as is found in Japanese. Their syntax would be very undeveloped so they would probably use one word to modify another. For example, to say the word unspecific they might literally say something like no-specific, also they would not have multiple words for the same thing, like we do in modern languages (e.g. certain and definite). They might also have a simple vowel system, I would not extend this over 6 vowel sounds.

Hope this was somewhat useful to you.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm
spheal 000
If you want to get an idea of how they might speak, just try to extend your mouth outwards and try to speak. I find that they would not use any r, l, v or f sounds, and that they would probably have a vowel at the end of each syllable as is found in Japanese. Their syntax would be very undeveloped so they would probably use one word to modify another. For example, to say the word unspecific they might literally say something like no-specific, also they would not have multiple words for the same thing, like we do in modern languages (e.g. certain and definite). They might also have a simple vowel system, I would not extend this over 6 vowel sounds.

At the start, you are probably right. Later as they blend it would be the opposite.

I am not sure what extending my mouth would do. 15000 years ago, the people were the same as us. I would think any language I make would have to be based on the same physiology found in modern man.  

The Archer12

spheal 000

5,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:09 pm
The Archer12
spheal 000

At the start, you are probably right. Later as they blend it would be the opposite.

I am not sure what extending my mouth would do. 15000 years ago, the people were the same as us. I would think any language I make would have to be based on the same physiology found in modern man.

It is hard to determine the language capabilities of people that early on because 15.000 years ago is actually quite a long time ago if you think about it. I recall my statement about the f's and v's, but I would still suggest to stay away from l's as there are a number of Native American languages which do not use the letter in their language. Also, the vowel sounds at the end of each syllable I would stick to also, but maybe have a few letters which could be found at the end, such as n, m and maybe d and t.  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff