Reply The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]
I need some advice, please...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VampGirlKisses

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 pm
Okay so my boyfriend is completely and totally christian, like go to church every Sunday, ect. Now i dont mind that, i believe he can believe in what he wants to believe in. His parents are just the same, but anyways... the story behind him is he used to be satanest and totally converted, hes always (in both religions) been told wicca was bad, weather they were to good or that magick is the work of the devil. I told him once that i was wiccan and he completely flipped! so now i have to hide it. i love him so much and this is his one and only flaw, but its kind of a big one. like i said i love him, ive been with him for years and want to stay with him. should i just keep silent about it for forever, or what?... i also have a small coven a friend and i started and have a responsibility to them...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:13 pm
To the Goddess I give my heart

Hmm, I'm on the fence about this one since I know how it feels to be with someone for years and not want to loose them but honestly religion makes things more complicated (even though I love ours)....I don't know how old you are but say you guys stay together and eventually get married....do you want to hide who you are all your life from this person you love? Eventually the truth will have to come out or you will become miserable....at least that is what I think...You have accepted the fact that he used to be a Satanist....I'd say that is pretty open minded of you since a lot of people wouldn't be so understanding.....perhaps you should gather all the facts about our religion together and have a heart to heart with him and if he is so unwilling to listen then maybe that should tell you something.....before you talk to him just explain that you need to talk to him about something very important and you need him to listen to you and your feelings.....if he really loves you I would like to think that he will listen....but then again he could be pigheaded >.< I wish you the best of luck.... <3

Forever and Ever

User Image  

The_9th_Doctors_Rose

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

Madame_Cyanide

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:41 pm
VampGirlKisses
Okay so my boyfriend is completely and totally christian, like go to church every Sunday, ect. Now i dont mind that, i believe he can believe in what he wants to believe in. His parents are just the same, but anyways... the story behind him is he used to be satanest and totally converted, hes always (in both religions) been told wicca was bad, weather they were to good or that magick is the work of the devil. I told him once that i was wiccan and he completely flipped! so now i have to hide it. i love him so much and this is his one and only flaw, but its kind of a big one. like i said i love him, ive been with him for years and want to stay with him. should i just keep silent about it for forever, or what?... i also have a small coven a friend and i started and have a responsibility to them...

This sounds quite similar to my situation.
My bf doesn't attend church however he was raised in that setting and has also been the victim of Satanic Ritual Abuse.
He also practiced Wicca a few years ago and went through some bad spiritual experiences
so understandably when I started showing an interest in it he flipped out.
We had a big fight but we eventually made a compromise.
I can study and etc. just so long as I don't shove it in his face
and he'll agree to silently tolerate it.
This agreement has been in place for a few days and so far it's going ok.
It's not perfect however just as I expect him to respect my spiritual rights I respect his rights to have his opinions.
I simply explained that it was unfair of him to make me choose between something that makes me spiritually happy and him and agreed that it was unfair.
The fact your bf attends church weekly might make it harder to reach a similar compromise.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:19 pm
Unless you think that at some point he might change his mind about it, I don't recommend trying to hide it. There is not going to be anyway that you will be able to hide this forever. Eventually, you not being able to practice openly, will breed anger and resentment. If he is that opposed to it, it is something that you all need to work out now, rather than later. Especially if you are intending to eventually get married and have kids. If it is that big of a deal to him, finding out later that you lied to him (even though you knew it was an issue) will only cause problems.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

The Red Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:51 pm
If he can't accept you for who you are, he's not the one for you.  
The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games