Rioque

Aged Entrepreneur

5,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:57 pm
Jan 3: "Steelers off playoff picture"

Well, the Steelers ended with style and a thread close to the playoffs.Personally, it gives me a sense of relief because losing in the playoffs or super bowl is worst than losing a regular season game. And I always feel that way when the steelers hit the postseason. It also opens opportunity to love other teams :'] I do hope that the whole Steelers organization can reflect on this season and work to improve next season. A couple of areas the team can improve on: Special teams, Secondary, and the offensive line. We can see the team struggling this year. Despite the negatives, Big Ben had one of his best seasons with the Steeler5s and can only improve from there. Woodly is starting to make a name for himself and our receiving core is growing to become a corner's nightmare. To all the Steelers fans here, Good season and may next year, we can attempt a 7th ring :]

Dec 29: Steelers "D"

One of the worst I've seen in years. I'm not exaggerating too. They entered this year with number 1 defense of 2008-2009. The secondary is to blame in my opinion. Are the Steelers so dependent on Polamalu that they allow opponent QBs to pass over 300 yards? I know this is professional sport and anything can happen, but having to allow these many yards numerous times this year. Just recently, William Gay [CB of the Steelers] Lost his starting job because of poor performance. The problem is that it's so late in the season. This year is a year of rebuilding and hopefully another SB year ;] lol. The special teams are another problem. Allowing over 5 KR/PR for TDs this year. Mike Tomlin had a hard time trusting the defense in the Packers Game going for an onside kick with a lot of time remaining in the 4th Quarter. Some people blamed his decision because it ended up as a lead for Green Bay, but that decision did give the Steelers offense enough time to drive through the field. It's funny how Steelers are known for it's passing game this season. They have always been a running, defensive team. Discuss what you think. Also, I want everyone to be as literate as possible ^^;; It's not hard typing "you" instead of "u". It just feels more professional :] And I'm just trying to enforce this tiny rule. Ok, discuss, comment, rant, complain etc.....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:41 pm
Well, I agree with you completely. I think we need polamalu and some new CB's, they miss too many pick oportunities and almost always get beat by their wide recivers.  

xX_Dizzle_Da_Wise_Xx

Masahiko Kamimiya

Shirtless Prophet

3,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:22 pm
xXlildizzle1516Xx
Well, I agree with you completely. I think we need polamalu and some new CB's, they miss too many pick oportunities and almost always get beat by their wide recivers.

Yup they've been missin polamalu since the 5th or 6th week and he was basically the face of their defense.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:34 pm
it's pretty bad ...Hope we get a W at Miami  

Rioque

Aged Entrepreneur

5,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

xX_Dizzle_Da_Wise_Xx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:00 pm
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:11 pm
We won but didnt win the playoff spot, oh well, i feel pretty content on how how season ended ^^;;  

Rioque

Aged Entrepreneur

5,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

xX_Dizzle_Da_Wise_Xx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:35 pm
Me too, 9-7 is good in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:32 am
How many Steeler threads do we need? We have another on the front page. Jeez.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17554278  

Nyuupyon
Captain

The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas