Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
One of the big questions. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thank you!
  You're very welcome, my dear.
View Results

Torso Pants

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:26 pm
    Okay, I have to admit that I'm new to the Pagan ways. As I browse this guild, I see that there are so many options to choose from.

My question? Where should I start?

Questions and Answers

What do you believe and what are you looking for?
I have mixed beliefs, but I think that there is some possible force out there, but it's not definite. I believe that a person should be respectful and loving of all aspects of nature, including oneself. I believe that despite any chance of an afterlife, one should live life for today, and not for whatever may be next.

I suppose I am looking for some sort of path to follow. Something that can make me slightly more spiritually enlightened. I feel like there is more I could do to help not only myself, but those close to me as well.

Have you reached out to any deities and felt a response?
Actually, my closest friends and I have formed a sort of makeshift coven, practicing spells and rituals as we come across them. We use a huge amount of herbs, candles, and incense, and a few of my friends are learning Tarot. One time, the first time we did it as a group, we sort of passed energy along to one another. I'm not sure what it was really, but the leader of us, my friend Shadow, was talking, we held hands in a circle and focused on a candle in the middle. My response, unfortunatley, was that of pain and physical panic. It wasn't pretty.

Another time after that, It seemed to work out better. We had a casting circle, and I represented Air, as usual. It was a fairly lighthearted one, and we smiled and laughed. Afterwards, I felt a sense of peace and security. I also, strangley, felt warmer than I had before. (We were in the garage so we would not scare my friend's parents.)

What got you started looking into pagan theology?
The main idea of it seemed to fit me pretty well. I think about the world around me and I'm starting to find some respect for myself. The practices seem...comforting, so to speak.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:37 pm
What do you believe and what are you looking for? Have you reached out to any deities and felt a response?  

Bastemhet

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:07 am
Myrtle May
    Okay, I have to admit that I'm new to the Pagan ways. As I browse this guild, I see that there are so many options to choose from.

My question? Where should I start?

First there pagan just means non-Abrahamic. That's why there's so many options because there are so many distinct religions that are out side of the God of Abraham.

Next Bastemhet's advice is pretty good. Nothing more to add to that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:05 am
Bastemhet
What do you believe and what are you looking for? Have you reached out to any deities and felt a response?

In addition to these good questions:

TeaDidikai

Torso Pants

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:11 pm
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet

In addition to these good questions:

What do you believe and what are you looking for?
I have mixed beliefs, but I think that there is some possible force out there, but it's not definite. I believe that a person should be respectful and loving of all aspects of nature, including oneself. I believe that despite any chance of an afterlife, one should live life for today, and not for whatever may be next.

I suppose I am looking for some sort of path to follow. Something that can make me slightly more spiritually enlightened. I feel like there is more I could do to help not only myself, but those close to me as well.

Have you reached out to any deities and felt a response?
Actually, my closest friends and I have formed a sort of makeshift coven, practicing spells and rituals as we come across them. We use a huge amount of herbs, candles, and incense, and a few of my friends are learning Tarot. One time, the first time we did it as a group, we sort of passed energy along to one another. I'm not sure what it was really, but the leader of us, my friend Shadow, was talking, we held hands in a circle and focused on a candle in the middle. My response, unfortunatley, was that of pain and physical panic. It wasn't pretty.

Another time after that, It seemed to work out better. We had a casting circle, and I represented Air, as usual. It was a fairly lighthearted one, and we smiled and laughed. Afterwards, I felt a sense of peace and security. I also, strangley, felt warmer than I had before. (We were in the garage so we would not scare my friend's parents.)

The main idea of it seemed to fit me pretty well. I think about the world around me and I'm starting to find some respect for myself. The practices seem...comforting, so to speak.

Hopes this answers your questions...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:25 pm
Casting circles, energy work and reading tarot does not require a deity, so really, this doesn't answer the question posed. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Byaggha
Casting circles, energy work and reading tarot does not require a deity, so really, this doesn't answer the question posed. 3nodding

It does give us an idea of what she likes, however. Orthopraxic religions/cults maybe?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:36 am
She doesn't need to be pagan to use Tarot cards, cast circles, or do energy work, does she? Can't Christians do these activities as well?  

Gho the Girl

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 am
Gho the Girl
She doesn't need to be pagan to use Tarot cards, cast circles, or do energy work, does she? Can't Christians do these activities as well?
I suppose that'd depend on the type of Christian, yes? I know some opposed to it, and some who are using said tools. 3nodding

Bastemhet: True that, I was just saying that it doesn't really answer the question of being called/attempting contact with a specific god was all. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 am
Myrtle May

I have mixed beliefs, but I think that there is some possible force out there, but it's not definite.
Fair enough.

Quote:
I believe that a person should be respectful and loving of all aspects of nature, including oneself.

Before I get to the tough questions- what do you think "nature" is?
Quote:

I believe that despite any chance of an afterlife, one should live life for today, and not for whatever may be next.
Fair enough.
Quote:

I suppose I am looking for some sort of path to follow. Something that can make me slightly more spiritually enlightened.
What makes you think it is the path that makes a person spiritually enlightened?

Quote:
I feel like there is more I could do to help not only myself, but those close to me as well.
Of course there is more you can do. The question is if you should do it or not.

Quote:

I'm not surprised by your reaction.
Look, I'm going to be a pragmatic wet blanket for a moment.
Forming a "coven" and jumping headlong into magic with everything else going on in your life is a bit like saying "I have a tricycle, I think I'll skip learning to ride with training wheels and on a regular bicycle, and head straight for the Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300."

There's a lot of learning to be done, personal prep work, basic training etc.
What you have there is a formula for a Mr. Dark.
Quote:

What practices? Paganism involves a host of different practices- some traditions include child molestation and animal sacrifice. I'd bet that dollars to doughnuts neither of those interest you- so if you could be more specific that would help a lot.  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:09 pm
Byaggha
Bastemhet: True that, I was just saying that it doesn't really answer the question of being called/attempting contact with a specific god was all. 3nodding

You're right of course. smile I am curious to know her answer to this as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:11 pm
TeaDidikai

What you have there is a formula for a Mr. Dark.

I wonder if it may be prudent to make a stickied thread titled "Ya might be a fluffbunny if..."?

Quote:
I'd bet that dollars to doughnuts...

I love your turns of phrase. xd  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:35 pm
Bastemhet
I wonder if it may be prudent to make a stickied thread titled "Ya might be a fluffbunny if..."?
Might be worth examining some common mistakes Fluffies fall into. More about symptoms than the actual state?

Quote:
That, Cool Beans, and "my teeth itch" are the three that come up the most...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet
Might be worth examining some common mistakes Fluffies fall into. More about symptoms than the actual state?

I think it would be very helpful. Maybe even required reading? I assume that when people join this guild that they want to get rid of the fluff, but I think it can be intimidating if someone posts and then get a round of people going "that's wrong because..." If someone can just read something anonymously and self-examine first, then post when they have their courage up and preliminary research done, it would be oodles more productive.

Quote:
Quote:
That, Cool Beans, and "my teeth itch" are the three that come up the most...

In another thread I saw something about pennies and bowling balls. I lol'ed. xd  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 pm
Bastemhet

I think it would be very helpful. Maybe even required reading? I assume that when people join this guild that they want to get rid of the fluff, but I think it can be intimidating if someone posts and then get a round of people going "that's wrong because..." If someone can just read something anonymously and self-examine first, then post when they have their courage up and preliminary research done, it would be oodles more productive.
Yeah, the only problem I have with this kind of approach is that a given action or belief isn't fluffy unto itself. For example, just joining a Tween Coven doesn't make one a fluff.

I'm concerned people posting will confuse things they have a personal distaste for with Fluff, and I'm concerned more resistance will form from people who practice things that aren't Fluffy, but are on the list because they are common amongst Fluffs.

Quote:

In another thread I saw something about pennies and bowling balls. I lol'ed. xd
~bow~  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out