Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Transferring energy Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bones89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:48 pm
I want to apologize in advance for any misunderstanding I may have and for any offense taken (if any) but I have a question. Does anyone believe it is possible for someone to transfer their energy onto/into an object? To clarify, what I want to know is does anyone believe that you can feel the energy of a previous owner of certain objects? For example, my mentor and boss of the movie theater I work for recently quit. Yesterday, she actually turned her keys to me. And now that they are technically my keys now that I have taken over this building they still feel like hers to me. I don't know, opinions please? I'm kind of curious of you're thoughts.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:59 pm
I have a few thoughts on the matter.

1) Yes, a person can transfer their energy to an object. They can smack it, smash it, squish it, light it on fire, etc.

2) You've built up a psychological association between her and those keys.

3) In my tradition, there is an understanding of a person "charging" an object, but in most cases, it shouldn't be an issue. It would "dissipate" within a short time of contact with something else.

smile  

Collowrath

bones89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:10 pm
Collowrath
I have a few thoughts on the matter.

1) Yes, a person can transfer their energy to an object. They can smack it, smash it, squish it, light it on fire, etc.

2) You've built up a psychological association between her and those keys.

3) In my tradition, there is a similar understanding of a person "charging" an object, but in most cases, it shouldn't be an issue. It would "dissipate" within a short time of contact with something else.

smile

I completely agree with all of what you said. Especially with the psychological aspect. She was a great teacher and it just feels odd that she is gone and for the most part I have taken her place. It also feels odd because I could never put myself on the same level as her, but I guess that is because I have too much admiration and respect for her.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:16 pm
It was almost heartbreaking when she handed me the keys and even worse when I deleted her from how system. I literally felt like I had been punches in the chest. sad I still don't feel comfortable having the keys.  

bones89

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:40 pm
From what I have experienced you can. From my path you build associations with an object. You can also alter the associations within an object.
There are two levels to enchanting an object, One is the external associations and the other is the internal associations.

You can cleanse the object of energy, and using an object for long periods of times will usually replace the previously held energy with your own. This does not work on deeper associations and usually those require a bit more effort on the other persons part.

I usually suggest an "energy wash" this would be going over the object repeatedly with a certain type of energy. This can be accomplished by focusing on a certain type of emotion, a strong emotion, and to think about the object over and over again with that energy in mind. You want to be careful what energy you put into an object.

You may or may not come in contact with an alteration of internal associations just keep in mind that it does exist. I could go into it more. It is an interesting practice.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:42 pm
bones89
It was almost heartbreaking when she handed me the keys and even worse when I deleted her from how system. I literally felt like I had been punches in the chest. sad I still don't feel comfortable having the keys.
You may not want to change the keys energy in order to have something to remember her by. There are ways to preserve their energy if your interested?  

Ishtar Shakti

bones89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:25 pm
Ishtar Shakti
bones89
You may not want to change the keys energy in order to have something to remember her by. There are ways to preserve their energy if your interested?

It does sound interesting but I'm sure I would want to preserve the negative aspect in which she left. She wasn't happy when she left. I don't know if I see these keys as a bad omen as what is in store for me and my future in this company. I do know that these next few months of transition are going to be hell to get through. I like no, love this job I don't want that to go away. Not many find a job they enjoy, you know?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 pm
bones89
Ishtar Shakti
bones89

It does sound interesting but I'm sure I would want to preserve the negative aspect in which she left. She wasn't happy when she left. I don't know if I see these keys as a bad omen as what is in store for me and my future in this company. I do know that these next few months of transition are going to be hell to get through. I like no, love this job I don't want that to go away. Not many find a job they enjoy, you know?

Understandable, I would suggest imbuing the keys with the hope you have for the future. Every morning, take the keys and think of what good things you want. Every time you use them to open the store remind yourself of the good possibilities. Imbue them with your love and they may act like a spell. They may draw good things to you if that is your desire, or they may be a reminder of your emotion when your having a bad day.

I understand the difficulty of finding a job that you love. I have found one of the few things I love is my practice and it is quite difficult to make a life out of it smile  

Ishtar Shakti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:39 pm
bones89
Does anyone believe it is possible for someone to transfer their energy onto/into an object?
Yep.
Quote:
To clarify, what I want to know is does anyone believe that you can feel the energy of a previous owner of certain objects? For example, my mentor and boss of the movie theater I work for recently quit. Yesterday, she actually turned her keys to me. And now that they are technically my keys now that I have taken over this building they still feel like hers to me. I don't know, opinions please? I'm kind of curious of you're thoughts.
It's possible. It's also possible that you're nervous about the new responsibility and are seeking some kind of connection with someone who used to handle it.

There are numerous ways of getting rid of that kind of stuff, if it is there at all. Depending on which tradition you belong to, there might be some recommendations available to you.

If nothing else, the Deep Play might give you permission to own the keys.

What tradition are you a part of?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 am
TeaDidikai
bones89
Does anyone believe it is possible for someone to transfer their energy onto/into an object?
Yep.
Quote:
To clarify, what I want to know is does anyone believe that you can feel the energy of a previous owner of certain objects? For example, my mentor and boss of the movie theater I work for recently quit. Yesterday, she actually turned her keys to me. And now that they are technically my keys now that I have taken over this building they still feel like hers to me. I don't know, opinions please? I'm kind of curious of you're thoughts.
It's possible. It's also possible that you're nervous about the new responsibility and are seeking some kind of connection with someone who used to handle it.

There are numerous ways of getting rid of that kind of stuff, if it is there at all. Depending on which tradition you belong to, there might be some recommendations available to you.

If nothing else, the Deep Play might give you permission to own the keys.

What tradition are you a part of?

I think we established a standing stone idea previously but I'm still searching so to speak. I haven't truly had a lot of time to sit down relax and read. I am almost certain it is a psychological connection I had made with the keys. All made from my lack of self esteem and over all fear.

I myself do believe in some from of "energy transfer." I do believe that people leave a signature of some sort on things they care about. Not saying that everyone does or should, it's just what I kind of created for myself. I have a lot of things or places I go to and keep for sentimental value. I tend to attach my whole heart things I care about.  

bones89

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:09 am
bones89

I think we established a standing stone idea previously but I'm still searching so to speak. I haven't truly had a lot of time to sit down relax and read. I am almost certain it is a psychological connection I had made with the keys. All made from my lack of self esteem and over all fear.
Ritual can help with that.
Standing Stone does indeed have purification rites.
I believe it is in Crystals, Gems and Metal Magic that he suggests cleansing by placing the item in the freezer.

Keys are likely made out of metal so...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:15 pm
TeaDidikai
bones89

Ritual can help with that.
Standing Stone does indeed have purification rites.
I believe it is in Crystals, Gems and Metal Magic that he suggests cleansing by placing the item in the freezer.

I think I may come across something like that. Like I said with the transition going on here at work I have had little to no time to focus. I only manage to get on gaia when I can sneak away to my office for all of five minutes.

Thank you~ ^_^  

bones89

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:31 pm
TeaDidikai

I would be more tempted to put the keys in the oven.

"Bake at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a rack until firm and pure."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:44 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

I would be more tempted to put the keys in the oven.

"Bake at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a rack until firm and pure."

I'm not too sure how that would work considering some of the keys are plastic sweatdrop You could try that with cookies maybe? smile  

bones89

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:50 pm
bones89
I'm not too sure how that would work considering some of the keys are plastic sweatdrop You could try that with cookies maybe? smile

Yes, go with that. biggrin  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces