Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Possitivity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:47 pm
I'd like to be able to think positively of everyone I meet. It would be nice. Everyone has their reasons is a mantra I've held close to me most of my life.

Its hard sometimes to hold onto that feeling. I wonder if I am deluded to do so. Is the mantra true, and is repeating something over and over again make it any more true? I do feel negative sometimes. Is this reaction wrong?

I don't really think so... and because I accept it in myself I accept it in others. Just sometimes its more difficult then others. Sometimes this is my first reaction and then... I wait a minute. I wander off and I think.

Why do I feel negative?

The answer usually comes to me it just sometimes takes time. I have found that usually I'm not really upset at all. I am very frustrated. Their is this gap, a void between people. I feel more negativity towards the natural state then the people themselves.
People are like onions, they have layers. I just don't always want someone peeling mine. Boundaries are good things. That which is the most frustrating may also be the most necessary.

Generally speaking remembering this allows me to not get upset.

I just thought that someone anyone might find this helpful. I don't know if others have felt the same as me or experienced the same things. Who knows really.

In anycase relax be merry... try not to think to much. Things have a tendency of working out as they may.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:20 pm
Sometimes letting things go, or relaxing, or realizing you really weren't as mad as you thought you were, or that something else you are actually upset about was coloring your reaction to something not that bothersome really.

Sometimes it's just not. The end. Everyone has their reasons, but that doesn't mean they necessarily get a free pass. Sometimes those reasons are intentionally ignorant or malicious, and anger is the appropriate response.  

TheDisreputableDog

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:15 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Sometimes letting things go, or relaxing, or realizing you really weren't as mad as you thought you were, or that something else you are actually upset about was coloring your reaction to something not that bothersome really.

Sometimes it's just not. The end. Everyone has their reasons, but that doesn't mean they necessarily get a free pass. Sometimes those reasons are intentionally ignorant or malicious, and anger is the appropriate response.

I do wonder sometimes if I'm overly apologetic towards others.
Its hard to tell if someone is intentionally ignorant or malicious. Or if their malicious actions are more a product of unintentional ignorance.

Other times it doesn't seem worth while to be angry. As if it won't change the state of affairs.

I don't usually stay upset for long periods of time  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:02 am
I find it more hurtful than helpful. You dismiss others honest concerns in favor of relativism, but when the relativism creates an inconsistancy, your words seem to degrade those who disagree with you.  

Tikat

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:56 pm
In my experience, negative emotions are not bad, but are called negative because they drain energy. Being sad makes me fatigued, being angry--while a short burst of intense energy--eventually tires me out.

Some say that getting upset or angry doesn't solve anything. Yet for me, it can be a source of power, a catalyst for change. Like the destruction of the environment makes me sad and a good deal paranoid, and I use these emotions to fuel constructive tasks like making an effort to reduce my consumption. Tasks like this alleviate feeling paranoid and sad and harmonize my life with my ethics.

Furthermore, I'm not into the limitless positivity/white-light business. There are people out there who can hurt me, and it is stupid for me not to take the necessary actions to defend myself. It is not my job to "fix" these people. To be a doormat in an attempt to find the light within them shows disrespect for myself and for the huge amounts of resources that brought me to this place. I am not going to abandon my efforts for the sake of trying to dig out the good in someone else.

Sometimes you have to love people from a distance.

Furthermore, when all there is, is white light--there is no white light. Once something is all, it is nothing. Difference causes things to be. When all "black light" or darkness is removed, "whiteness" ceases to exist because "whiteness" relies on an idea of "not-whiteness."  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games