Welcome to Gaia! ::

Camp Half-Blood: The Forces of Olympus

Back to Guilds

A roleplay based upon The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan and Greek Mythology. 

Tags: Percy Jackson and The Olympians, Greek Mythology, Roleplaying, Mount Olympus, Ancient Greece 

Reply Camp Half-Blood: The Forces of Olympus
Out of The Big Six

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who Are, Boys or Girls?
  Girls
  Boys
View Results

Leda_Leto

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:48 pm
The Big Six are sad in order of birth)
Hestia, Hades, Poseidon, Demeter, Hera and Zeus.

Who do you think is stronger, the girls or the boys?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm
Actually the Boys pretty much own the entire world.(Not completely) They have unstoppable armies like Hades. Everyone dies like everyday. He pretty much has control over them. Oh and Poseidon, he owns half of the Ocean. He owns a lot of creatures. Oh and if he were to control all of his creatures it would just be another unstoppable army. Including the Cyclops and The One Hundred Handed One, Briares. Zeus, he's the King of The Gods so like pretty much everyone is on his side that's good. Most of the Gods are his children! he has the Olympus Army. Of course the Male Gods are superior.  

BlazingInfernoPhoenix
Crew

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:24 pm
Because of how Ancient Greek society worked, the boys are obviously superior, no matter how you choose to interpret their powers. Note that the girls weren't really given power over much that mattered to them, because even with Demeter, the greeks didn't have very much harvestable land after a while. (According to my history teacher, anyways)
Greece (Particularily Athens, despite the fact that their patron deity was Athena, a woman) was very much a boy's club, so obviously they would give all the power to their men.
This is why I like Sparta better than Athens. Food wasn't that great, but the women at least were taught more than the prostitutes were.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:28 pm
LollyxBeans
Because of how Ancient Greek society worked, the boys are obviously superior, no matter how you choose to interpret their powers. Note that the girls weren't really given power over much that mattered to them, because even with Demeter, the greeks didn't have very much harvestable land after a while. (According to my history teacher, anyways)
Greece (Particularily Athens, despite the fact that their patron deity was Athena, a woman) was very much a boy's club, so obviously they would give all the power to their men.
This is why I like Sparta better than Athens. Food wasn't that great, but the women at least were taught more than the prostitutes were.
Well Sparta doen't have the Brains to defeat Athens. Maybe the power. Athens could easily outsmart Sparta into a trap. Athens is better but the Male Gods are just superior. They have more power.  

BlazingInfernoPhoenix
Crew

camomatt

Dapper Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:34 pm
Back in the time of Greece and all of that, males were superior to females (just stating the facts, not being sexist). Even through the 1800's (and 1900's I think) males acted superior to the females. So obviously the Gods were stronger than the Goddesses. Again, not trying to be sexist or such.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:35 pm
Athens wasn't actually that amazing. I'm not saying they weren't smart, because that was their thing, but Athens was a horrible place to be. Their women were lower on the totem pole than their dogs were, and they liked to molest little boys. Anyone who does that, in my opinion, is sick and wrong. Hence liking Sparta.
And, they chose the male Gods to have more power because they were a male dominated society. That's exactly what I said before.  

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:39 pm
camomatt
Back in the time of Greece and all of that, males were superior to females (just stating the facts, not being sexist). Even through the 1800's (and 1900's I think) males acted superior to the females. So obviously the Gods were stronger than the Goddesses. Again, not trying to be sexist or such.

That is not sexist at all, it's merely stating fact. Anyone who would rip your face off for this needs to twist their ovaries out of whatever knot they've tied them into. Back then, it actually made sense for men to be above females, because a lot of the work that 'mattered' is more suited to men doing it, like chopping firewood or going on long sea journeys to trade and what-not. I'm not anti-feminist, but I do look at reality. At 5'3 (and a half) I cannot accomplish the same things some men can. If you're six feet, 180 pounds of pure muscle, and can still heft around some sheep and fight trained soldiers, great. You do that. But the fact remains that most men are (generally) stronger than women and better suited to the work that was needed back then.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:42 pm
I'm not gonna choose i side, there is a specific kind of girls called 'feminist' yeah!  

Ice-of-Hitsugaya
Crew

Newbie Noob

BlazingInfernoPhoenix
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:46 pm
They got brains and brawn, plus Athena always provides more level skills in combat than Ares. In my opinion, Athens focused more on brains, philosophy and such far better than warlike Sparta.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:48 pm
But without the female goddesses, where would the males be?
One, Demeter. Without her, Poseidon couldn't have created the horses, which was his present to her. And of course without Demeter there would be no Persephone, and Hades would be lonely.
Hera is the bond of a family. She is the personification of female superiority, seeing as she is smart and devious. She created Hephaestus and Ares, two important deities in myths.
Hestia created the importance of being in a family and being at home. To sacrifice to the gods.
And we cannot forget Aphrodite, now can we?  

coffeebeancloud
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 pm
{Except Aphrodite wasn't the big Six.}

Athens was cool, in it's own way. But I still can't get over the little boy touching. It's gross. I'm not saying Sparta was beautiful and wonderful, because they abused children and did awful, awful things; but LITTLE BOYS. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:06 pm
at least Sparta had a movie about them!
Quotes
'THIS IS SPARTA!'
'MADNESS?MADNESS? THIS IS SPARTA!'
'We shall fight in the shade'  

Ice-of-Hitsugaya
Crew

Newbie Noob

BlazingInfernoPhoenix
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:07 pm
AceFire90
Quotes
'THIS IS SPARTA!'
Sparta was just bad. (Even the movie)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:07 pm
AceFire90
Quotes
'THIS IS SPARTA!'
||

My last off-topic comment - Gerard Butler is AMAZING. :'D

But yeah. Boys are stronger.  

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Ice-of-Hitsugaya
Crew

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:08 pm
BlazingInfernoPhoenix
AceFire90
Quotes
'THIS IS SPARTA!'
Sparta was just bad. (Even the movie)

the movie was awesome shut up dude! it is awesome, you're just jeolues because athens didn't have a famous movie about them!  
Camp Half-Blood: The Forces of Olympus

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games