Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Friend in the Pride (Tota'keke & Tope)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 pm
User Image

As the seasons changed, as did Tota'keke's movements. Spring and summer were the seasons one could usually find him wandering out in the most, eh, interesting of places. However, for autumn and winter, Tota'keke was back home with his pride, all by his lonesome (he probably could go greet his family, but he didn't know what any of them were up nowadays) and so, he was, well, by himself. At the moment, he was doing one of his favorite things: lounging about on a boulder as he watched his surrounding with semi-interest and mostly boredom. He found himself noticing many unknown wandering lions (most probably in his pride that he never took time to wander around to know anyone, really) but he ignored him, choosing to be, well, lazy, since Fall was now turning into Winter.

The days were shorter now, and while he didn't mind the chill, he still preferred the warmth of spring... especially in the summer. How he missed his days of just wandering around... Something probed him in the back of his mind, and he shut that part away. That part of himself had died a long time ago when he was a cub, and never again would that part of him ever come back... of course, it didn't mean he never used it. He always used that part to his advantage if he could... after all... His thoughts wandering around in circles as a strange smirk appeared on his face, Tota'keke lashed his tail about. He wondered how his family was these days, since he'd left them as he'd gotten older. Was his mother doing all right? Did he have more siblings or nieces or nephews he didn't know of? He ought to check in with his mother at some point. Heh. Ah, well. Not right now. For now, it was... lazing about day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:52 pm
User Image

Tope was for one a busy father. His two cubs were almost adults now but it seemed like only yesterday he was helping Jini tend to them as little squirming things. It only seemed like yesterday they had committed the murder of that lioness in the Firekin pride. It only seemed like yesterday he had been a cub himself. It was only yesterday that he had learned of his parent's death.

He was saddened in reality. He was glad that they died of old age, together with family. He was proud of his father and sort of saddened that they never made up after their big fight, or that his cubs wouldn't meet grandfather. But he knew his father and his mother well and knew forgiveness was given without asking.

He was taking walk byself today. Today was the day he was going to take his son Ruia out for a bit of hunting and he wanted to check out the area first... to see if it was worth the effort. So the brown male padded along, his head bobbing in the still air.

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:00 pm
His ear twitched as he spotted a rather dark, dark brown lion wandering about. Checking out the area? More than likely, he mused, watching with slight interest but never interfering. Tota wasn't the greatest of socializers, so more often than not he was just always watching... anyone he met would probably think he was crazy as it was--he smirked--and well, that was fine with him.

He was used to being alone--and, if he wasn't part of this pride he'd probably make the perfect rogue lion. This lion he was watching seemed to have a strange aura around him--sadness? Nah, who was he to know? At any rate, the guy was still giving off enough vibes to shoot Tota's own mood down, and while he knew it shouldn't bother him, it did.

Well, darn it all. That meant he'd have to get up and confront the guy, now didn't it. Well, poo. He didn't want to. This boulder was nice. He'd just gotten comfortable, and in comes this lion, all droopy and dark... dark brown, or whatever, and well, boo, the guy's mood was killing his! Grumbling about how he couldn't believe he was about to do this, Tota got up on his paws and jumped off his boulder, heading straight for the other male lion, intending to find out just what was bothering him, so that Tota himself could finally relax in peace... sort of.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:18 pm
Tope was also not much of a socializer. He hadn't really met much of others in the pride. He was always with Jini, trying to console her. THe cubs had helped greatly with the pain and torture they both felt inside, but somedays it was better than others. He blinked his pink eyes, his mothers pink eyes. He was just needing a moment-just a bit of time to be alone.

Soft padding caught his brown ears and he turned his head to see the oncoming brown male. He didn't recognize him but.... that was for obvious reasons. He sat down, his pink eyes hiding under his brown mane. "Hello." He said simply. Figured he should say something first.

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:24 pm
Tota couldn't tell if this guy was older or younger than him; he himself had been around a long time, but the way the guy reacted, it told Tota he was a mature adult--as in, he definitely was mated, and definitely had a family. When the lion greeted him, Tota paused, and stared at him for a moment, green eyes scanning the lion once more. "Well, all right, I'll say hi, too," he remarked, finally. "Who are ya? I'm Tota'keke," getting straight to the point. "Just wandered by, since I noticed you earlier."

Well, the lion was still exuding some amount of, well, he didn't know what to call it. Tota didn't know much about emotions when it came down to it; he knew something of happiness, and a few of the more positive types of emotions, but since he... wait, wait. He was confusing himself. Right, that part of himself needed to be shut away. Right, right. Okay, back to business. "What's up? I was just relaxing on that boulder, and saw you, and you seemed kinda down, I guess--wanted to see if I could cheer you up in some way. 'Course, I'm no lioness so I can't offer much in that area," he joked, hoping the lion would at least split open a smile. Geez, he was so not the type to do this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:30 pm
Tope wasn't really aware of him acting sad or depressed really. He wasn't much of an emotion guy. He blinked, nodding his head at receiving the males name. "Hello. I am Tope.." He paused. "I'm sorry.. I don't recognize you... Mostly because I don't travel outside of my densite much... not lately." He sort of looked off into the distance quietly.

He looked back at Keke and blinked. "Oh, well.. My fathers Genet found us yesterday. My parents passed away... so he is here to stay with us now." He said quietly, though not painfully. Sadly, yes. But not devastating. "It's been a long time since I last saw them.. so... I'm a bit off today... a bit sad... but not... Eh, I dunno. Hah."

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

PhoenixGuardianMikazuki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:39 pm
This guy must be a stickler for being sad, he mused. Oh, well. At least he now knew why the guy was, well, sad. Whatever. His mood was affecting Tota, and Tota didn't like being affected like this. "Nice to meetcha, Tope," he replied, eyeing the lion carefully. Too quiet! Well, then again, Tota was used to rowdy lions rather than quiet ones, so he supposed it didn't matter much. "Parents passed away, eh? Look on the bright side, Tope; they're probably watching over you in the clouds.

"...Y'know, you can't be sad and not sad. That makes no sense. I can tell you're very sad. But not sad? That's questionable, y'know," he remarked, hiding a smile, since he wasn't sure if Tope was in the mood to joke around with him. He wasn't quite sure how to feel about knowing what was wrong; because he wasn't sure if his own parents had died, but so far as he knew, they were alive, and he ought to be a good son and visit his mother at least. Eh, why was he thinking like this? "Well, now I know why you're sad, think you can try to cheer up more? If you got any cubs, they won't enjoy being with ya if you're like this, y'know?"

Not to mention this Tope guy's mood is killing mine! he thought to himself.

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games