Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Yuletide! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrs. Testicle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:53 pm
I feel bad that I havn't been posting. But still, Yule is almost here!

How do you guys celebrate?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:56 pm
I'm the only one in my family that's Pagan, so I don't have much of a chance to celebrate this occasion properly. I would love and appreciate greatly a few ideas, however.  

Mrs. Testicle

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:01 pm
i take a few minutes out of my day to light candles, meditate, maybe ritual cleansing so i go into the new year clean.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:29 pm
however i can with family and friends.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

ProfessorZed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:02 pm
Ritual focusing on family, friendship, togetherness, and hope with the local Pagan Association (which reminds me, I have a circle-casting and quarter calls to write). After that, a bigass potluck (cauldron-luck?) dinner and random gift exchange.

At home with family, the usual tree/presents/dinner/passing out thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:01 am
My familie's Jewish, but I have them celebrating Dec. 21 every year because it's my birthday...if I incorperate a few rituals into my birthday, what's it to them? They don't realize...  

Cerulean Crayon

Starlock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:16 am
There's a place run by some liberal Christians that has some hermitages (straw houses with no technology save a wood-burning stove) that I might retreat to for the day, but there's also going to be a Yule gathering by one of the local Pagans. If I go, it'd be my first groupie solstice gathering so I'll try to make it to that even though I won't know everybody there.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:03 am
I'm actually not sure how I'll be celebrating this year, as I haven't officially dedicated myself to my path (and don't plan on doing so for quite a while--more research and soul-searching needs to be done).

I'll probably read over the Eddas, and meditate a bit if I have the time (alas, work is a b***h plus my boyfriend is in town that week).

A friend of mine is an Asatruar and she's attending a feast that night with her friends (she knows a whole bunch of Asatruar up in the Forest City area). It's a pity I can't go; I would love to be there. gonk  

queertastrophy

Mrs. Testicle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:12 pm
This sounds cool. I'll definately steal incorporate some of your ideas and make them maybe, part of my own traditions.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:57 pm
This year im doing a small ritual with my club then i celebrate with my family and we all celebrate my birthday too cuz thats like a few days before lol.  

iRTsuki

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:48 pm
Erishkegal
Ritual focusing on family, friendship, togetherness, and hope with the local Pagan Association (which reminds me, I have a circle-casting and quarter calls to write). After that, a bigass potluck (cauldron-luck?) dinner and random gift exchange.

At home with family, the usual tree/presents/dinner/passing out thing.

That sounds sooo familiar... hrm... 4laugh

I've still got to re-arrange my altar for Yule and decorate the house and tree. Those are a part of welcoming the seasons that I always do, from Yule to Samhain. Especially the altar part.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:51 pm
Yule? As in Yule proper? I spend with my Asatru friends. mrgreen They take care of the ritual aspects. More power to them!

Koljada? That's another story!  

TeaDidikai

Mrs. Testicle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:07 am
:3

Yuletide always makes me feel so...nice.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:24 pm
Really looking forward to Yule smile I'll be spending it with my Circle, and have been making preparations today, calling a vote as to location, discussing food who's bringing what, and who's doing what. We basically do the standard ritual at sunset to say goodbye to the Sun, and then have the "Feast" - which will be roast pork this year. Then we stay up all night to welcome the Sun as he is "reborn" in the morning. We leave an oil lamp burning all night, a family tradition on my part, so that he will be able to see find his way to us. We'll also be doing minor spellwork to think about what we want in the new year (in my families tradition, Yule is Pagan New Year), and working to manifest those goals.

I also made my Circle a small present each - a glass bottle which I filled with oak leaves (to represent the God), pine needles (to represent the Goddess), cinnamon, (for prosperity) and ginger (so that their wishes would come true).  

Jasta

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:41 pm
That's a neat little tradition, Jasta. I like the idea of leaving a light burning so the sun can see its' way back. Is that an older tradition, or just something from your family? I might've heard of it somewhere before, but my brain is all fuzzy and I can't remember right now.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff