Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Tropical Jungle (Art Forum)
Gallantmon - first try Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

draconicmage

1,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:30 am
User Image

Okay, before anyone says anything; I DID NOT TRACE THIS! This is the only pose I could use as a reference for Gallantmon with both Gram and Aegis summoned.

I am using the song 'Winterborn' by Cruxshadows for inspiration.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*If the image doesn't show, I'm sorry. I don't know why it won't show. ^-^; I'm not good at HTML code. I only know how to B,i,U and allign things (i.e, center allignment, left allignment, etc). So, if it just shows a link, you can copy/paste the link to look at it. It will bring you right to the picture I drew.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:33 am
Tahta is amazing, but it looks .....to good to not be traced...........but if you say you dident trace then i guess i beleve you
nice job smile  

Zamaku

Fashionable Werewolf

draconicmage

1,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:40 am
Zamaku
Tahta is amazing, but it looks .....to good to not be traced...........but if you say you dident trace then i guess i beleve you
nice job smile

Yeah....some of the stuff I draw looks traced, but that's because I take a long time to get everything to look perfect. I'm a tad OCD about details, so I'd focus on each part seperately to get it right. And I used alot of reference pics to get everything right.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:56 pm
Not bad at all, although I'd suggest two things:

One, the image file is huge. It's gonna be murder on some people's memory, so you might want to scale it down a couple of times.

Second, is that once you've got the look of him down, I'd suggest drawing him in a different pose. It's good practice, and it keeps your work from looking traced.  

Heavy Artillery

Blessed Heckler

OwlFever

Greedy Consumer

2,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:12 pm
the dude gots a point.

scale it down a bit might help  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:00 am
^-^ Thanks for all of the responses. That's the kind of stuff I need to help inprove my art skills. And I have been exepimenting with drawing Gallantmon in different poses...none of which came out right. But......that is the process of trial and error. Once I get a second drawing done, that I like, I will post it here to show how I did. And the file is so big only because it was on a 10X12 piece of paper.  

draconicmage

1,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Rae-Jou

Thankful Giver

17,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:19 am
It looks good. May I ask you what pencil you did use? What grading was that? Maybe I can help you for improving art.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 am
Rae-Jou
It looks good. May I ask you what pencil you did use? What grading was that? Maybe I can help you for improving art.

What pencil did I use? Um....I have no idea if a #2, 0.7mm, Mechanicle Pencil is an H, B, 2H, etc. That's what I used. And by grading, do you mean paper? I think the sketchbook pages were coldpressed, I'm not entirely sure.

I've inked it since I posted this topic. Here it is inked: http://draconianknight.deviantart.com/art/Winterborn-black-and-white-143992381  

draconicmage

1,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Rae-Jou

Thankful Giver

17,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:47 am
With grading I actually meant the pencil. I guess you used a HB pencil. That's what most people use. But for sketches I would advise a B pencil or a F pencil. B's can be erased easily but do not blur pretty much. For drawing itself I would advise against H+ pencils. (so H and higher). They are actually for detailed drawing like architects do.
But I saw your inking and it's very well done. Did you use real ink for that?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:51 am
Oh! You were talking about the pencils. Yeah, I usually use HB and other pencils like that. And I didn't use actual ink, I had used an inking pen. They go along the lines of tip width; 005, 01, 02, 03, 05, 08.

Edit: The pens I'm talking about are PRISMACOLOR graphic pens. If I don't have of them with me, any black ball point pen will work.  

draconicmage

1,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Rae-Jou

Thankful Giver

17,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:56 am
Lucky you. I can't get inking pens over here very easily. I use a 0,4 one but I often realize that it's too thick. 00,5 are great but really expensive. My sister bought a 0,1 fo nearly 3 euros. And that's pretty too much for a stupid pencil. I guess it's nearly the same price in dollars. I guess about 4 dollars or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:02 am
I got my pens in a pack of six for around $20. It had : 005, 01, 02, 03, 05 and 08. I can buy them individualy for around $2 at an art store near my house, but they have a random inventory so it could be there one week and gone the next.  

draconicmage

1,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Rae-Jou

Thankful Giver

17,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:05 am
Nice! I wish there was a store here. But all things for art are expensive here. *sighs* Never try buying real ink. It's over 10 euros I guess. because it's imported from japan.... -.-  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:18 am
I know. I had to buy ink for an art class I'm taking in college and it was about $20. It's insane because I'll never really use it. Actually, what's really insane is that I have to buy this specific type of paint, same class mind you, and just one tube of it cost $10. Of course, the tube was only about-> |----------------------------| <-That long. But a pack of 20 cost only $30. O.o it's so wierd.  

draconicmage

1,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

-Spectral MC---13th Grave

Obsessive Shopper

8,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:35 am