Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Abandon all hope

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:31 am
Children of the arts listen to my voice. Throw down your shackles, stand up and rejoice.
Abandon all hope for that which you've striven striven and come back down to this world that we live in.
Your words will run; your aesthetics fade to dust seen as a desire not a need or a must.
Your deaths will come and come fast they will. But there's a chance at immortality still
For men never die but fade away as time passes. Their memories and souls living on through the masses.
Still our true demons lie not within but without. We may not see them but they exist no doubt.
Thus your arts be deception: the bread of the forsaken. Fight them with art and they're all but shaken.
Do not believe only one way to fight. Instead look to the shadow of night...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:28 am
What might this be?

/tebasile

Nooram

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:06 pm
Nooram
What might this be?

/tebasile
Random poem FTW! I got bored and a friend suggested that I write a poem. May be posting more soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:24 am
Another eh? Feeling creative lately I see.....thats all good. And a decent poem at that. wink  

Crimsonhellite

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:07 pm
Crimsonhellite
Another eh? Feeling creative lately I see.....thats all good. And a decent poem at that. wink
I felt like addressing an issue that I'm sure most people won't see. It's a poem discussing the futility of writing poems. I'm waiting to see if someone will see the point I was getting at.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 pm
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...
I Hear Thunder

i like it!

But Theres No Rain
...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:38 pm
Tebasile
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...
I Hear Thunder

i like it!

But Theres No Rain
...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...
I do too razz *makes new thread on more recent poem*  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.That's a well-written poem, but I do not think that poetry is futile. In fact, I believe that poetry is the true fruit of both intellect and spirit. Only those with high levels of intelligence and passion can write or appreciate poetry. ^__^ I've been reading and writing poetry since I was very young and have joined in many poetry groups and participated in many meetings and conventions; they have all changed my life in some way. Half of the power of poetry is your receptiveness towards the poet's message or emotions; once the beauty of poetry is accepted and it tattoos itself on your heart, it is no longer futile.

Edit: Sorry, I just wanted to edit my post and say that I hope you don't think I'm picking on you or anything. I'm reading some of your stuff right now and it is beautiful, and I don't ever want you to think that it's futile or that no one cares; I've seen too many people give up on their work, thinking that it's worthless. Emily Dickinson herself did not want her work published because she thought it was crap - it's common among poets to be self-conscious for some reason. xD But don't let little insecurities get in the way of your craft, because it is a craft! I'm sorry if I definitely over-analyzed (or completely misinterpreted) your post; I just got worried for a second there because I've seen it before.
User Image  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:50 pm
Ebony the Peacian
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.That's a well-written poem, but I do not think that poetry is futile. In fact, I believe that poetry is the true fruit of both intellect and spirit. Only those with high levels of intelligence and passion can write or appreciate poetry. ^__^ I've been reading and writing poetry since I was very young and have joined in many poetry groups and participated in many meetings and conventions; they have all changed my life in some way. Half of the power of poetry is your receptiveness towards the poet's message or emotions; once the beauty of poetry is accepted and it tattoos itself on your heart, it is no longer futile.

Edit: Sorry, I just wanted to edit my post and say that I hope you don't think I'm picking on you or anything. I'm reading some of your stuff right now and it is beautiful, and I don't ever want you to think that it's futile or that no one cares; I've seen too many people give up on their work, thinking that it's worthless. Emily Dickinson herself did not want her work published because she thought it was crap - it's common among poets to be self-conscious for some reason. xD But don't let little insecurities get in the way of your craft, because it is a craft! I'm sorry if I definitely over-analyzed (or completely misinterpreted) your post; I just got worried for a second there because I've seen it before.
User Image
It's not so much that I think it's futile as it is addressing the hypocritical nature of humans. That I use poetry to state the futility of poetry is just like someone who rejects you time after time after countless tries and then comes to complain about being rejected time after time after countless tries with some other person. It hurts, but it is something to laugh at. It was more that which was the inspiration for this piece razz  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ah, okay.

i c what u did thar

whee

Beautiful poem, nonetheless.
User Image  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:09 pm
Ebony the Peacian
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ah, okay.

i c what u did thar

whee

Beautiful poem, nonetheless.
User Image
redface  
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items