Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryu-Shinti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:06 pm
Peyton Manning V.S Tom Brady  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:11 pm
I think that Peyton Manning is better because he has been the MVP the most times even though he has only gone to the super bowl once.  

Ryu-Shinti

Eddie_Patriots432

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:14 pm
Brady More Rings
Montana Has 4 that's why brady is number 2 and montana is number 1  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:51 pm
Tom Brady, though i think he needs to man up and stop whining about being tackled  

Torchwoods Lost Love

Rioque

Aged Entrepreneur

5,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:31 am
Manning. He's the 4th quarter comeback king!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Manning

let me say

1,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Ryu-Shinti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:18 pm
Brady dose hve more rings thats becuse he has a good line to give him time to pass unlike manning and he is still one of the top QBs in the legue  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:45 pm
Tom Brady. I could go back and forth about why but in my opinion he is  

TheDukeMan70

diversaurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:36 pm
Eddie_Patriots432
Brady More Rings
Montana Has 4 that's why brady is number 2 and montana is number 1

hmmm, in my opinion, this argument has many holes in it. One quick example would be Trent Dilfer. He won a superbowl with the Ravens in 2000, but he is clearly not the better quarterback by any stretch of the imagination. Or Brad Johnson when he won it with Tampa Bay Bucs... etc etc

However, when I think in terms of skills + football IQ, i think they are both pretty equal.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:33 pm
Really, anybody's answer to this question is whoever they like better. As stated in the above post, Both are pretty much the same aside from the difference of rings.  

iSupastar

Dapper Citizen

7,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100

Just A Black Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:11 pm
Brady.
/thread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:19 pm
Ryu-Shinti
I think that Peyton Manning is better because he has been the MVP the most times even though he has only gone to the super bowl once.

Actually he's been to the Superbowl twice. Only won once, but been there twice.

As the great football prophet Herm Edwards once said, "You play to win the game!" So if it comes down to just who has the most superbowl championships, then it's clear cut that Tom Brady is the better QB.

But determining who the better QB is goes beyond championships, Superbowls to me are more of a tie breaker than anything else. Can you argue that Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino of Dan Foutes because he's won a Superbowl while the two Dan's have not? You would be laughed at. Don't get me wrong 4 Superbowl apperances and 3 championships are nice, but cut through the meat, get down to the statistics and who is statistically the better QB, and Peyton Manning has Tom Brady beat pretty soundly. That and if you took away two of Tom Brady's championships, and it was a direct one to one Superbowl victory ratio between the two, then I don't think it would be even more obvious that Manning is the better QB, Tom Brady is mostly considered the better QB because of the Championships he's won. I'm not bashing Brady, he's a great QB and a future hall of famer, but Peyton is all around the better QB.

Of course I think it's pointless to debate this until after both men have retired and moved on, then we can take a look at what both men have done overall, rather than just judging them on what they have done up to this point. Anything can happen in these two men's careers that can influence this debate more. It is a season to season, week by week, game by game ever changing debate.

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

Other Football Leagues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces