Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
can men? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

damasta69

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:12 pm
im a 15 year old guy. i was wondering. can a guy be a wiccan.im pretty sure but im jsut double checking lol(was gardner guy???)

can a guy be a witch or what are they if they do rituals and stuuff.

i dont do them but im interested in wicca  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:46 pm
Of course men can be Wiccans and/or Witches.

Gerald Gardner was indeed male.

Now, there are Dianic covens that are women-only, but they're a subgroup, not the entire group.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

damasta69

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:51 pm
ok thxs for help.. sweatdrop i was starting to get interested and i was like. omg what if woman could only do it lol  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:54 pm
*steps up to the podium and taps on the microphone*

Welcome to Paganism, Damasa. I'd read everything you can get your hands on about it, witchcraft and Wicca. Wicca and witchcraft aren't the same thing, btw. A witch is someone who practises witchcraft; spells, folklore, herbology, etc. A Wiccan is someone a part of the Wiccan faith, created by Gerald Gardener in the 1950's. If you're serious about Wicca, you'll have to wait a while before you can become part of a coven; you wont be allowed into one until you're 18. It's the law and there's no real way around it. Until then, read everything you can about all of it. And don't be afraid to ask questions. If you're respectful and honest about wanting to know, there are people who are willing to help.

*steps down from the podium*

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

damasta69

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:00 pm
ok thxs. 3nodding can i still do thing s before that though besides read lol???i will read but i mean after lots of it ..  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:06 am
damasta69
can i still do thing s before that though besides read lol?

To become Wiccan? Possibly not much, until you're of acceptable age for a local Coven. But, you can certainly learn more about Paganism in general, and begin practicing Paganism if your parents are okay with it. Becomming one of the subset of the Wicca, however, may take time.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:46 am
I reccomend practising visualization, meditation and trances, and grounding and centering energy. Those are the keystones of magical practise for any Pagan of any Path.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:59 pm
ok thxs for help.. im gunna try to find books sumwhere.  

damasta69

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:16 pm
Magic 101- Grounding, Warding and Centering (and Sheilding if you don't lump it together with Warding)
EladrinStarmist

Welcome to Paganism, Damasa. I'd read everything you can get your hands on about it,

Oh really? twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:57 pm
*makes sounds like drowning in water* Gardner.... *shudder* Ex-Catholic hermetic &@#$%^!!! domokun  

Lila Malvae

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:05 pm
LilaMalvae
*makes sounds like drowning in water* Gardner.... *shudder* Ex-Catholic hermetic &@#$%^!!! domokun
Look at that post closely.

If you want to start in on the Ex-whathaveyouetc... you're going to damn half of the pagan community, and almost all of them that are over the age of thirty, and most of them that are under.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:16 am
TeaDidikai
LilaMalvae

If you want to start in on the Ex-whathaveyouetc... you're going to damn half of the pagan community, and almost all of them that are over the age of thirty, and most of them that are under.
I'm not an ex- anything. I incorporate all of my previous paradigms into one chaotic mass.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tsuzuki

damasta15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:42 am
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
LilaMalvae

I'm not an ex- anything. I incorporate all of my previous paradigms into one chaotic mass.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

what are u people saying awwwwwwwwwww question rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Magic 101- Grounding, Warding and Centering (and Sheilding if you don't lump it together with Warding)
EladrinStarmist

Welcome to Paganism, Damasa. I'd read everything you can get your hands on about it,

Oh really? twisted

Yup. Read everything, even the crap. That way he'll learn to differentiate between the crap and the not-crap all by himself.  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

ProfessorZed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:19 pm
EladrinStarmist
TeaDidikai
EladrinStarmist

Oh really? twisted

Yup. Read everything, even the crap. That way he'll learn to differentiate between the crap and the not-crap all by himself.

After years of telling seekers to read everything, I'm not entirely sure I agree with that assessment. Everybody needs guidance. A general intro to critical thinking -- the kind people just don't seem to get in school, unfortunately -- works better than most other forms of guidance.

I still advocate reading widely, though. If you can't identify what doesn't ring true for you, how can you even begin to trust what does?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff