Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Announcements/What's New In The Guild
How Do I Donate to the Guild? [Instructions!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you be interested in receiving guild announcements regarding important updates?
Yes I would
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Yes, and I'll even donate a little to help out
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
No I wouldn't
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
No, and I will be opt-ing out so I don't have to help donate
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (please comment)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:30 am
As I mentioned in my guild announcement, I was curious what everyone thinks about me sending out updates. I want to try to limit them to major events, like the opening of a new subforum, and then stick to using my Work Diary thread for everything else (new stickies, lots of articles, etc).

I don't like asking for donations, but right now I'm looking at a little over 1,750 gold to send out a single announcement to almost 4,000 guild members, so I have enough in the guild's current funds to send out a few announcements before the funds run out. I'm sorry for having to ask. redface

Anyways, what do you guys think? Would you be willing to help donate a little to help me cover the costs of announcements? Do you find guild announcements annoying, even if they're not sent too often? Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance to those who take the time to give some feedback. heart

Please note: Anyone who doesn't want to receive guild announcements can opt-out from their account settings page. I don't expect anyone who opts-out to help donate (and you don't have to tell me if you do decide to opt-out)... but I hope that me saying so won't send tons of members rushing to opt out. wink

--------------------------

Nikolita
I just wanted to say thank you so very much to everyone for all of yor kindness and genousity. cry heart You guys are wonderful. When I reluctantly decided to ask for donations for the guild, I never in a million years thought that we'd gather so many funds so quickly. I'm quite touched, honoured and humbled right now, and wanted to say thank you so very much. *big hugs for everyone*

We should be ok for now, but if anyone else wants to donate then of course they can. I don't have any major announcements planned for anytime soon, but what donations have been made will help a lot whenever I do have to make an announcement.

Thanks again everyone! 4laugh heart

--------------------------

Adding an edit for questions that are added to this thread.

Q: How do I donate to the guild?
A: On the guild's homepage, scroll down to the bottom and you should see a space where you can donate to the guild. Just input the amount of your donation, enter your password, and click the "donate" button. The funds are added to the guild's account immediately.

Q: What kind of information will be included in guild announcements?
A:
I will be letting you know what's been added to the guild, like any major projects I've completed - a new subforum opened, a bunch of stickies added at once, and so on. I may also include minor updates, if it's a long time between major updates, and I'll let you guys know what's going on with me and how active I might be in the near future.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:26 am
I'm undecided on the matter.
I personally find the notifications that the site sends us annoying, and I never look at them. So I'm not sure if I would like yet even more notifications from a guild.
Though, I suppose it would depend on the context of the notification.

Either way, I think that this guild is amazing and I'm happy that it's around to educate people, and I would be willing to make a donation out of respect to that.
How do I go about doing such a thing?  

.WayneZinok.

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:15 pm
I don't mind receiving announcements and I don't mind donating a little bit. I personally think it's kind of crappy that you have to pay to send announcements out. I can understand why Gaia did it that way so that people wouldn't flood their guild members with spam announcements, but the fact that there's an opt out option makes me feel like you shouldn't have to pay since people don't have to receive them. xp I would say since you have to spend so much gold on them to keep them to a minimum, but again I don't mind receiving them at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 pm
As long as the guild announcements actually have some form of substance involving the guild, I'm all for it!  

11holala11

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:08 pm
Awesome, thank you so much for the feedback you guys! heart

To anyone wondering how to donate, I'm doing to edit the first post to include instructions on how to do so. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:24 pm
I just wanted to say thank you so very much to everyone for all of yor kindness and genousity. cry heart You guys are wonderful. When I reluctantly decided to ask for donations for the guild, I never in a million years thought that we'd gather so many funds so quickly. I'm quite touched, honoured and humbled right now, and wanted to say thank you so very much. *big hugs for everyone*

We should be ok for now, but if anyone else wants to donate then of course they can. I don't have any major announcements planned for anytime soon, but what donations have been made will help a lot whenever I do have to make an announcement.

Thanks again everyone! 4laugh heart  

Nikolita
Captain

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:00 am
Since I've been sending out guild announcements (2 so far), I've decided to lock this thread. However I will leave it on the front page for now, so people who'd like to donate have instructions on how to do so. smile  
Announcements/What's New In The Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games