Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
Co-Creating languages

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Song Wei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:40 pm
I am just wondering if anybody else here has ever done this, and how it worked out and how they did it and such.

I think its a cool idea, since natural languages were created by people just naming random items (because communication is so amazing, and the process of creating a way of verbally communicating is just so amazing!)

So yeah, Anybody have anything they want to talk about of this topic?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:56 pm
I think we have a sub forum for this, but since it has been quite dead, I'll just say right here that I'd been interested in making a collaborative conlang. ninja  

Henneth Annun

Song Wei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:27 pm
XWraith_LordX
I think we have a sub forum for this, but since it has been quite dead, I'll just say right here that I'd been interested in making a collaborative conlang. ninja
So THAT'S what it means! My bad lol. I will go check out that sub, sorry for my misunderstanding.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:10 pm
I have attempted Conlanging with my cousin, but we always get distracted before we get the chance to be productive whee I guess it isn't too different than when I do it alone sweatdrop  

JeSuisMustapha

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:51 pm
JeSuisMustapha
I have attempted Conlanging with my cousin, but we always get distracted before we get the chance to be productive whee I guess it isn't too different than when I do it alone sweatdrop
I tried to make one with my little brother, we didn't get very far at all. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:17 pm
As much as I'd like to do a multi-person conlang, I've found they usually aren't very productive.  

vampyre_smiles

Song Wei

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:09 am
it's true... too many different ideas going at once, from two different people ruins it... Though it is fun having a person start one, and then both people develop their own from that, ending up with what we can call two dialects of the same root language! it's fun that way I guess lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:02 am
I think that any sort of team up really ends with one person putting forth the dominant personality of the language. All other people involved either try to mimic that person or you end up with something a bit schizophrenic in the way it works.  

Tesar Eshne

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Constructed Languages Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items