Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[Self RP - North] Troubled Young Man [LOG]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:41 am
Ru'min took long, powerful strides over the rocky, sloping landscape. It was funny how, with a father driven by physical strength Ru'min would take on such a sense of grace when he walked. He supposed it came from his mother...most everything he learned came from her, in truth. He smiled a little, a small, sliver of a smile. She had taught him all he knew and he had learned much more. At this point in his life he found his mother's favoritism amusing...and of course, easily used to his advantage.

Today, however, he was just out for a bit of a patrol. He saw various types of game loping by and he kept his stanch lax and smooth. Those grass-eaters always felt more relaxed when he walked like this. It was funny, how he could trick even them when he wished to. But no need for today. He had eaten a heafty meal yesterday. So he continued on, watching lazily as he went.

Bathseba was grateful for her wings at times like these. The rolling, jutting landscape below looked to be quite uncomfortable to scale. She supposed if she had grown up there it would be different but...traversing that rough territory did not appeal to her. To fly up and down, as opposed to climbing, suited her just fine.

This area she was in was a tricky one. It was funny how a majority of what she sensed here were feelings of strong dedication, but mixed in there were quite a few very rotten eggs. This was not common in her experience, at least not sensing such blanent selfish feelings. So, stern minded, she had come to investigate.

Soaring over a rise in the land she sensed the one she saught and then spotted him not long after. Quickly she dropped down, pulling back her wings before landing. She touched her paws down about 15 feet ahead of him and then turned in his direction.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:51 am
Ru'min leaned back every so slightly as the goddess landed, his eyesbrows rising high on his forehead. He had never met a deity before, but there was nothing else she could be; wings were not something lions typically had and much of her appearance was also very outlandish. He was not stupid by any means; he draw such basic conclusions.

Keeping his expression clam and serene he nodded his head down in respect, an act he was extremely well versed in. One could get a long way on manners alone and he used anything he had within his disposal, "Good afternoon, my lady."

The lion's greeting left Bathsheba with a cold feeling. She supposed what he said sounded sincere enough but there was something...something she couldn't place that felt wrong. It was likely what she sensed from his duty; he felt none. That alone gave her chills. To have no affiliation for anything was a scary thought indeed. To be without loyalty to something meant you were a dangerous individual.

"Good afternoon," she replied in equal politeness, "I am Bathsheba, goddess of duty. If you do not mind, I have come to visit your lands for a time. You are...?" She waited for his name. For some reason, she wouldn't have been surprised if she gave him a false one.

Ary Keeyara

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 am
"You may call me Ru'min, my lady," he replied smoothly. Giving a false name to a deity did not seem wise...especially if he did not know this goddess's abilities. He was interested to see what she could pick up...in other words, if he could fool her at all. To fool a goddess would be the ultimate victory within his skills. To be caught in the act, however, would not surprise him, not with the magic that gods had.

"Are you here on business, my lady? If so I should bring you to a leader of the house, as I am not even the heir," he continued. It was funny how, with how much he loathed his brother and wished he were the heir, he could so easily announce that he was not. Why was it easy? Because to be so honest about a low status spoke of acceptance...which was a good deception.

Yes, this male definately made Sheba uneasy. There was too much friendliness in his speech for someone who had no loyalties but to himself. She could only imagine the compassion was feigned but...she had no proof, at least not about his words.

"Yes, in fact I am," she nodded her head, but continued, "It is not, however, to do with the lord or lady, but with you." Though it was possible that she needed to pay a visit to the lady of the north house as well...there was much trouble Sheba sensed in her. But this young man, her son she guessed, was far worse. Yes, he needed correcting and yet she felt he was beyond her reach.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:05 am
Hmm...Ru'min watched her carefully, now feeling a bit of suspision that he kept from his face. What was it this goddess knew, hmm? He would play innoccent, of course, but he had to assume that this point that she knew everything. He needed to be careful. Gods had powers and the last thing he needed was a curse of some kind. If he had to make false promises to her he would...he just needed to be left free to do as he wished.

"Oh? What may I help you with? I hope I didn't call you by some accident, I would be quite embaressed," he said conversationally.

"No, you did not call me directly," she corrected. He had called her by his blatent attitude, though. It had sung very strongly in his duty thread, a thread that made a loop and only connected to himself. It was not something she liked to see.

"I came to discuss your sense of duty...or lack there of," her eyes set on him firmly, her expression steady and stern. It was a problem and she didn't want him to believe he could think otherwise. She would not let him think otherwise. He needed to connect to something, less problems be caused later.

Ary Keeyara

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 am
"My lack of duty?" Ru'min answered, his voice taking on the proper intonations of puzzlement. He threw a little bit of shock in there as well, a bit of worry. Those who played innocent and were guilty often made the mistake of playing too innoccent. He knew better. Those who had done nothing wrong worried, it was a natural reaction. To omit it was to point a finger at your lie.

"I've been trying my very best miss! I've doen my rounds, gone on patrols, hunted, done what as requested by my mother and father...I even have a mate arranged to me," he answered, dropping his ears a little, "I...suppose my best could not be good enough but..."

Shivers dripped down Sheba's spine like wet spider webs. If she had been senseless, if she could not see his thread, she would have believed him. It worried her all the more. To have him be this convincing made him a thread to others, to those who were honest and had true feelings of duty. It made her stomach churn with discomfort.

"You say that, but you cannot lie to me about it, Ru'min," she told him flat out, in hopes he would stop his lies. "I can see the only duty you feel is to yourself...believe me or not, it is true. I am here to warn you of the danger of such feelings, as I believe everyone deserves a warning, yes even one as far along as you."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:23 am
"Perhaps," Ru'min answered, trying a different angle, "It is true...ever since my brother became heir I have felt a little doubtful of my place." He let out a long sigh that mimicked shame. "It is wrong, I know, to be so jealous of him...I feel as if what I do isn't really important I suppose...I know it is but it's just so hard to feel that way, incomparison..."

He let his voice fade off, his eyes staying away long enough before he let them slide slowly towards her, a gesture of uncertainty. Inside he was watching for acceptance, for a revalation of "so that is why". For it that happened he could do a lot, he thought, to get out of this goddess's wrath.

What he said made sense and...she wanted to believe that was all it was. She wanted it to be a mendable issue, a problem that could be resolved. Her gut told her that something was still wrong with what he said, but she tried to be impersonal about it, decisive. This was a warning visit. For now, she would accept his explaination in the hopes he would improve by her return visit.

"Things like that do happen," she agreed. She did not verbally tell him she believed him, but let the conversation flow neatly to be taken either way, "Regardless, you must find something you feel akin to, you must realize some feelings of responsibility else you endanger yourself and others. Please do so, by the next time I come."

Ary Keeyara

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:30 am
Had she bought it? Ru'min wasn't sure, but he was proud none the less at how he had evaded any direct punishment by the look of things. It didn't matter if she believed him or not, as long as she left him alone. Maybe she thought he'd improve, maybe not, but for the time being he was safe. It simply meant he'd have to keep a look out for her next time.

"As you say my lady...I might struggle, but I will try my best," she said with a low dipped head in respect and gratitude.

Sheba watched him for a moment, her eyes critical. Sighing inwardly she let her gaze break and she spread her wings. There was no use fighting it now. She was return later and see what the truth had been...but for now, she would give him his chance to make ammends. She only hoped he was wise enough to do so. With a push of the air she took flight, moving once again to scour the lands as her own duty required.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games