Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Movie vs The Book

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is better, the book Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince or the movie?
  Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince - Book
  I Love the Movie!
  I think they are both ok.
View Results

xXcarrioncrowXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:16 pm
Some says that the movie was quiet boring and as I've read the sixth book, all I felt was excitement and fascination. After reading, I was excited about the movie. But there are so many things in the book which was not included on the movie. The feedback of the people who watched it were negative rather positive. But I think the whole effect of the movie if you are basing on the visual effects, it was incredible. But the story itself leaves us lots of questions and some of them were not clear. So, I guess the best way to know what you missed is to read the book. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 pm
I saw the movie and read the book. I have to say I was a little dissapointed in the movie but it was still really funny. It has to be the funniest out of all the movies. 3nodding  

R1ku101

EvelynPrince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 am
I liked the movie, but the book is, as always, much much better!
I think there is more magic in the book than in the movie^^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:27 am
I love them both!
But as always, so much was skipped in the movie! One of the big things I noticed is that WWW was hardly in the movie! The Gaunts weren't in either, which greatly surprised me, because I would that that is important.

Books are always better.  

ShePotterGleek

2,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Reading Queen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
We all know the book is always better no matter what.
I think they actually did rather well in the movie this time. All I can really think of is that there is a battle before Dumbledore dies and after. And Snape isn't supposed to see Harry when he's watching Dumbledore get killed. So obviously Snape does not shhh him, because he can not see Harry. Harry is supposed to be under the invisibilty cloak.
The really funny parts were when Aaragog dies and Hagrid and Slughorn are talking about him and Harry goes "Don't forget the pinchers" Then he clicks his mouth and makes his fingers look like pinchers, that was really funny.
And when Harry was in the hallway going to Hagrid's and Slughorn see's him and goes "Harry!"
And Harry replies "Sir!"
Also when Ron's under the love potion and hugs Slughorn.
They did pretty good on the movie. Not like in the 4th where they completly forget about Winkie the house elf.
Or
Well I wouldn't call this much of a mistake because contacts could bother Daniel, but in every movie besides the first I think Harry has blue eyes, not green, but the contacts might bother Daniel.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:10 pm
Yeah! Lots of things from the book weren't in the movie which is really disappointing.. Let's wait for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.. Loved the book!  

xXcarrioncrowXx

gerp91

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:12 pm
I like the movie as a movie but as far as going with the book, they could have done better. I didn't like what they added. Like when they burned down the burrow. I didnt like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:09 pm
I've read the book more times than I can remember and I thought it was great. I felt like the movie dragged on too much and left too much out or changed what actually happened. I hated the way they made the scene in the astronomy tower, how Harry wasn't immobilized because it gave him the chance to do something but he didn't and we all know Harry would've cursed anyone the moment they threatened to kill Dumbledore.  

AudreyAurore

gina787

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:14 am
The books are ALWAYS better but I loved the movie. I think it included all the important things and overall was true to the book. I wasn't disappointed at all. It's my favorite movie so far.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:17 pm
I've decided that it's better to just enjoy the books and movies seperately. I get yelled at whenever I talk about the inconsistencies in the movies compared to the books. So I see the movies as a seperate entity from the books. Makes life easier when I go see the movies.

I loved the movie though. I thought it was hilarious. Had the most humor out of any of them. I loved the book too but there were some parts of it I wasn't too happy about...

Rayvyn_Vaughn

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff