Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 615 616 617 618 619 620 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:53 am
battle of the cheerleaders...

And palpatine only used 'love' to get to 'emperor-dom'. Which is even debatable, because emotions can be swayed. As manipulative as Palps was, he probably only used love merely as a stepping stool before crushing such silly fantasies later on. The Tarkin Doctrine by A New Hope only proves that Palps was more into fear than love when he had secured his strength. The same tactics were utilized by Vader as well. Respect was borne out of fear, not out of love.

The closest person to utilize a full love career may have been Thrawn, though he was probably more into effective intelligence over something like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:55 am
Am i in the clear, Nelo?  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm
I'm musing on it... I'm not entirely sure why, but i have a feeling something is off... though at the same time, i'm just laughing my bum off at what I think might wind up happening...

Even as a noble though, you can't just attack any random sith fief. Bully, maybe, but physical violence requires swift and deletrious actions. The council still rules over the fiefs in total, although as Nakara points out, your strength dictates whaat you get away with.

I'll clear it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:03 pm
1.) The remark about manipulating love was guided towards Rodyn's character alone, privately. No one else should know about it in game.

Palpatine only used love and other noble emotions far enough to get to the reigns of galactic control, true. However, my guy isn't there yet.
And he actually believes part of it. He not only uses the Dark Side for deception, he has fallen into that deception himself.

2.) I'm not the only Sith in the gorram galaxy, and yet everybody but Fury and Rodyn seems to want to jump on my character for some reason. I don't mind taking you guys on, and I actually relish the idea of crossing wits with Stryder, but I cannot take all of you at once. So back the f**k off.

I don't know what it is that I did to earn such enmity for my character, but just because I am trying to play someone who deviates from the stereotypical doesn't mean I deserve to get armored fists shoved down my throat for making the attempt.

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:06 pm
Nelowulf
I'm musing on it... I'm not entirely sure why, but i have a feeling something is off... though at the same time, i'm just laughing my bum off at what I think might wind up happening...

Even as a noble though, you can't just attack any random sith fief. Bully, maybe, but physical violence requires swift and deletrious actions. The council still rules over the fiefs in total, although as Nakara points out, your strength dictates whaat you get away with.

I'll clear it.

I view the Sith Council as about as effective in stopping me as the Vatican.
Sure they might excomunicate me, but they have no real power.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:10 pm
Aurin_Starkiller
1.) The remark about manipulating love was guided towards Rodyn's character alone, privately. No one else should know about it in game.

Palpatine only used love and other noble emotions far enough to get to the reigns of galactic control, true. However, my guy isn't there yet.
And he actually believes part of it. He not only uses the Dark Side for deception, he has fallen into that deception himself.

2.) I'm not the only Sith in the gorram galaxy, and yet everybody but Fury and Rodyn seems to want to jump on my character for some reason. I don't mind taking you guys on, and I actually relish the idea of crossing wits with Stryder, but I cannot take all of you at once. So back the f**k off.

I don't know what it is that I did to earn such enmity for my character, but just because I am trying to play someone who deviates from the stereotypical doesn't mean I deserve to get armored fists shoved down my throat for making the attempt.

My character is more than willing to attack you (assuming I get accepted), but she is more likely to "Encourage" you to fight under her banner. You're already on shaky grounds with the council for being not only an Ex Jedi but an unusual fellow. A more prominant and politcically connected Sith could easily sway them into being granted the permision to "Investigate potential Republic Sympathies."
Besides, theres like no other Jedi to attack.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 pm
Got my PM there, Starkiller?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 pm
Nobody hates you, Aurin, but you can have a 'hated' character.

Nakara doesn't like anyone who tries to create total order. Ergo, he'll kind of dislike anyone that tries to destroy his plans. The sith council also dislikes Marr because he has always been shakey. Stealing holocrons from the vaults of korriban is kind of like stealing part of the president's cabinent.

With stryder stuck incognito, the mandos without any real leadership besides the incompetant Ung at the moment, and Nakara tied up in the tournament (*psst* cene) he can't actually act on riaiding anyone. Until we get the fighters tuned and tested, we can't start harassing anyone either... which probably winds up against Yag'dhul since that's pretty much navagator central 101, until a bigger threat happens to pop up.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:28 pm
Hee hee. I love that pic.
And I'm shooting for a hated character too.
Hmm. Now to take care of other matters.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:29 pm
Nelo, you already said Armor Weapons are off limits, right?  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:34 pm
That pic was messed up anyway... It's allmost too anime...

How it works: You and your opponent can not take any personal weaponry into the ring. you can select from nearly any weapon in the galaxy from a rack and you both have to agree on each other's payload. you can use blasters, vibroswords, or simply a good ol' fashion crush gauntlet match. In essence, basically you're not allowed to bring knives into a gunfight because you simply don't own a gun. It's to make things more level, but you can pretty much use anything you can think of.

Armor, however, has no such restrictions.

the semi-finals also will allow you to pick terrain as well. right now it's basic cage match style.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:38 pm
So if I have a flamethrower in my armor's systems, I can use it. Correct?

And whats wrong with my pic? I thought it captured the essence of what I planned to do. Besides, K-blade's pic is pretty darn animeish as well.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 pm
I know, it does fit. that's the part that worried me...

And yes, that's part of the fun. Sneaky sneaky systems making things interesting. Plus, you're technically one of Nakara's prided fighters so he won't mind even more.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:49 pm
Oh really.
Fascinating.
Yes. Quite.

*Insert maniacle laughter*

Times like this I am glad I installed that proto-saber in my gauntlet...  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 pm
Seriously, this is the galaxy's largest televised underground event to ever hit the holonet. Doesn't make it any less... um... dirty.

Plus, with all the gadgets in Durge's armor, i needed an excuse for letting them into the ring.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 615 616 617 618 619 620 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games