Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I hate college.

View Results

[ k e e l y ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:51 pm
I'm going to keep all my whining in this thread so I don't start to annoy the ******** out of Kallie.

BUT GOD DAMNIT I HATE THIS. I feel physically hurt when people leave. The last person who left made me feel sick to my stomach. It's not getting any easier either. I REALLY don't like this. I wish we would all just not go to school and work at mcdonalds or something. I miss them so much and it's so weird that I can't just drive over to their house to see them.

I really don't think I'm ever going to make as good of friends as the ones I have now. And I'm really really worried that some of them are going to change for the worse. It's just really hard right now. Harder than I thought it would be. I can't imagine what it will be like when my best friend leaves. Even thinking about it makes me tear up.

AHHHH.
Why did I have to go so far away?
I think about transferring everyday. But I know that's not what's best for me.

Starting over is going to suck major d**k.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:08 am
I'm so sorry Keely. D: You know if you ever need to talk to someone I'm here.  

B-ran The Cat About Town

Eloquent Consumer

Hiei Cake

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's hard, but you can do it.

I'm living in a town about an hour north of where I went to high school and going to a college about half an hour away from said town. I don't know anyone save for a few people I met through different classes; one of which I'm decent friends with.

My best friend moved to Michigan to go to school, so it's definitely hard not being able to say, "Hey, are you doing anything on the weekend?" and go out somewhere. It's very lonely, but like I said, you can do it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:22 pm
It sucks, it really does. I recently moved a 22 hour car ride away from home.

I miss my friends so much. I'm constatly regretting my decision to move, but then I remember, like you said as well, I'm doing what's best for me at the moment. But I'm worried we're going to grow apart and nothing is ever going to be the same. It breaks my heart and makes me want to cry that I can't call them up to hang out whenever I want to.

AH THIS IS PROBABLY MAKING YOU FEEL WORSE.

At least you're going to school, where you'll be surrounded by people your own age. I'm not going to school at the moment and I have no clue how to make friends that aren't my classmates. At first I was like, "WELL MAYBE I'LL FIND FRIENDS AT WORK." Well I was wrong. It's all old ladies and super attractive married men.

Don't get too discouraged! :<  

Action Movie Hero Girl

breedney

O.G. Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:01 pm
KEELSBABEDAUGHTERSON you can talk to me if you want. My best friend leaves for Canada for a year on Sunday. ;[
also Gary left for college thursday and i will barely get to even talk to him since he has to pay for his phone now.

I TOTES UNDERSTAND. I AM HERE FOR YOU AND I WILL BE A GOOD MOM FOR A WHILE.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:39 am
I know exactly how you feel luv. High school brought me the best friends I've ever had in my life, and my fiance. But sadly all of my friends who were in my grade level are either away at college or working and too busy to hang out. And as for my very best friends, the ones who happen to be a year below me, including my fiance, are now going on without me, and I feel more alone than I ever have before.
I have chosen to wait a year before entering college so that I can be in the same year as my fiance, whom I have have been with for 3 years since our college is 6 hours away from our hometown.
But now I am faced with the most difficult predicament of my life. Every back to school commercial makes me want to cry. And I'm not much better hearing my friends speak of their schedules and lockers and parking spaces and band practice and such. I live on the outskirts of town, while everyone else I know lives in the heart of the city, making it nearly impossible to see any of my friends even when they are free seeing as I have no means of transportation. So now I wait. 1 long year for my life to begin.
And until I have to say goodbye to yet another set of friends that I hold deep in my heart. I've never been very close to my family, and I've always considered my friends to be my adopted family. But now that they're gone, I have no one. And it's terrifying. But I know it'll get better. It has to.
And your life will too. Just have hope. Things will get better, they always do.  

Plumsicle

Sonnenblume

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:16 am
<******** YOU, I WASN'T GETTING SICK OF YOU.

I started over too you know. And I'm a f** and I cried. And was bitter and pissed the whole first few months. But Michigan's economy is just.. hilariawful so I know it's good that I got out of there as quickly as possible. Blah blah.

Just immerse yourself in the college s**t when you get down, but keep in touch. Join a club or six? Get a job so you can visit that hot b***h in Kansas, and stay on campus and talk to people.
My ladies and I did the three mustacheteers thing? You could have weekly skype/stickums.

It gets a lot easier, just know that the really honestly good friends, and good people will stick with you and keep in touch.
The ones who were kinda shitty, and not always fun/there for you, will fade off. And it's for the best, honestly.

I.. honestly haven't met anyone who can top the girls I have back home. But who said you had to replace them? Just keep in touch, make plans to get together when you're both home, s**t like that.
See if she can come out for spring break. That'd be awesome.

That was long and un brutal of me neutral

Also I get to start over.. again. At my second college. And I'm not living on campus, so the fight to make new friends continues. Not that I really want more..? I don't think I like people, keely.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:33 am
I SAID BEFORE I START TO ANNOY YOU KALLIEBABYSUGARMUFFINS. It's more like. I only feel like bawwing whenever I'm online and I just think people will be like GOD STFU I GET IT YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS CRY ME THE ******** ATLANTIC. Also I don't understand why it would be hard for you to make friends. You are a social little butterfly and you make funny noises when you drive WHICH IS ADORABLE. I'm a little worried I won't be able to get a job because the economy is so bad in California.. I NEED A JOB, KALLIE. I NEED TO VISIT THAT SKANKY HO IN KCK

Also I was going to get a connecting flight in Minneapolis and stay there for a few days cause Mary is going to college in St. Paul which is really close. But my parents aren't letting me go anymore because the transportation situation was too complicated.

This would be easier if I was in driving distance. Or if I had someone there with me. Or if I could go home during Fall vacation...

Also Brandon and Hiei and AMHG and mom and plum, thank yoou. I appreciate it <3 bran and mum you'll probably hear from me. Spread the emo around so I'm not bombarding one person with my complaining.
At least the internets isn't going anywhere?  

[ k e e l y ]

Plumsicle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:46 am
You're welcome. No problem.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:24 pm
Betsy left today. :CC
I really like that girl. One of the nicest people I have ever met.
I made her this cheetah print tie blanket. Hehe  

[ k e e l y ]

Athigail

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:53 pm
A lot of people feel this way, bbycakes.
Like when my friend was supposed to leave for Penn. I started crying in the middle of the hallway. She brought it up casually, too.

Or when Kelley moved to Penn. [WTF. WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO GO TO PENN]

But I know what you mean. I want to move out when I go to college, maybe to the city or a nearby state, but I think I'm physically incapable of leaving. I'm afraid I'll miss all my friends and my family.

But eventually you'll get used to it, and where you'll be you'll make new friends.

If you ever want to talk bby, hit me on AIM. Ily. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Even though I'm only going to school half an hour from where my parents live, it was really scary for me, too. :c Just the thought of leaving all my friends and familiarity for a place where I wouldn't know anyone.

But now that I'm getting adjusted to it, I really like it. I know that nothing will replace my high school friends, but I'll always be close to them, even if I make new friends.

BUT YEAH. It's weird when everyone leaves but it won't be as bad once you get used to it. You'll be fine! C: Just keeping in touch with friends on Facebook makes things easier.

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ladies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items