Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Arena Threads and Gaia Items
Are Tampax ads really Gaia-approporate? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:57 pm
Well, the post I made was before then. I didn't know they were going to have a tampax npc. They should rethink the name of that dress. It sounds like it's made of tampons.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 am
Gilda Geezer
I'd say that now that they have a Gaia Tampax NPC, who gives out the Tampax Flowing Dress (cute dress, but the name... ewww), it has nothing to do with what they can't control.
Couldn't they have picked a better name? XD  

Former Showa

AndyX

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 am
i suppose i don't see anything wrong with it as long as they do it tastefully as opposed to doing it Redneck, or hustler style.

there are alot of teens on the site and advertising to teens like that not only gets buisness for the company but it also promotes healthy hygene habits  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:28 pm
Gilda Geezer
I'd say that now that they have a Gaia Tampax NPC, who gives out the Tampax Flowing Dress (cute dress, but the name... ewww), it has nothing to do with what they can't control.

Oh my God, link please!  

Happy Hentai Beastie

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 pm
Per your request: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/life-issues/tampax-take-the-poll-outsmart-mother-nature/t.52092033/  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:54 pm
Darth Showa
Gilda Geezer
Couldn't they have picked a better name? XD

gonk

God, that was tasteless. That name is horrible.  

Vivid Fizz

Distinct Elder

Pflibbitz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:15 am
OMFG!

Complaining that Periods are "R" rated, which I extrapolate from the complaint that they are not PG-13 material, is silly!

Remember that MOST girls, yes not all, but most girls, already have their period BY THE TIME THEY REACH 13, therefore -

PERIODS ARE PG MATERIAL!

Geezers tend to get lost in OVER PROTECTING.

Nowadays, a great percentage of 13 yo's have played their "V" card

And

Know more about sex than US GEEZERS will ever know.

3nodding 3nodding blaugh 3nodding 3nodding

When was the last time YOU had sex just for the fun of it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 am
Tampax NPC, wtf!? Gaia hit a new low with this. Why don't they have a Condom NPC or a Birth Control NPC?!!!

But anyway, I remember I donated to Gaia, I saw special ads for MCs and stuff.  

SarahT3hPixie

Vivid Fizz

Distinct Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:45 am
I don't see how Tampon ads are on the same level as condom or BC adds. Like I've said before, the name of the dress may be tacky, but periods are not sexual, they don't spam, they don't troll; they happen to most preteens and teenage girls at some point, and shows directed at teenagers will reference having a period. They are most certainly PG-13.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:58 am
I don't understand why people keep relating tampons to condoms. They're completely different and unrelated things.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:14 pm
Wow, they're only tampons people. Its not like they're showing a step-by-step on how to use them. Besides, I doubt tampon ads are the gateway to sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll ( i.e. condoms, birth control, etc...).  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 pm
I'd love to know the nationalities of everyone freaking out about tampon adds...  

Eiji

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 pm
Well, if you read the responses instead of just the title and the first post, you'll notice that there are actually very few people in this thread "freaking out" over tampons. Most people have responded that they don't think it's a big deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:10 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Well, if you read the responses instead of just the title and the first post, you'll notice that there are actually very few people in this thread "freaking out" over tampons. Most people have responded that they don't think it's a big deal.

I read the whole thread, including the tangent about sex and suggesting abstinence (which is such an American way of trying to solve the problem).

There's more than enough getting in a flap about tampons, it's not like I said that everyone was freaking out, only that I wondered what the nationalities of those freaking out were.  

Eiji

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 pm
Eiji
I read the whole thread, including the tangent about sex and suggesting abstinence (which is such an American way of trying to solve the problem).
You say that as if it's a bad thing. Keep in mind, abstinence is also a religious thing and is therefore not exclusive to one country.

I also don't see why the nationality of the people objecting to tampon ads is of any concern to you... unless of course you just want to use it as a reason to talk badly of their country or countries.

Arena Threads and Gaia Items

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff