Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Arena Threads and Gaia Items
Are Tampax ads really Gaia-approporate? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:24 am
the difference is that tampons, as personal as they may be, are not sexual. They often do not even mention that they go inside the v****a... that's just something that is assumed by those that already know about tampons.

Condoms, however, are for sexual purposes. This is why television only runs condom ads during times in which children will not see them, even though the ads themselves do not contain anything blatantly sexual {that and children are not their target audience}.

And though I find it disturbing that young teens are cybering, I think it's better that they do that instead of have actual sex {though, it would be ideal if they did neither of those things}.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:48 am
Darth Showa
... what's next, a tampon for your avatar to wear? gonk

User Image
I'd equip it.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Shinigami Unity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:32 am
I personally don't think I need a reminder of the joys of womanhood. They irk me, but eh... so does a lot of things.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:03 pm
Dathu
Darth Showa

User Image
I'd equip it.

My God, I would have that thing dangling from a tentacle in a heartbeat! That would be hilarious!  

Happy Hentai Beastie

BuNnyHat3R

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:01 pm
ThisEmptySoul
the difference is that tampons, as personal as they may be, are not sexual. They often do not even mention that they go inside the v****a... that's just something that is assumed by those that already know about tampons.

Condoms, however, are for sexual purposes. This is why television only runs condom ads during times in which children will not see them, even though the ads themselves do not contain anything blatantly sexual {that and children are not their target audience}.

And though I find it disturbing that young teens are cybering, I think it's better that they do that instead of have actual sex {though, it would be ideal if they did neither of those things}.
'

true...it's just too bad kids are more sexually involved now...shoot! back when i was a teenager i was still playing with barbies, riding bikes, getting hurt playing with kids and trying to do good in school. The newer generations are just so into sexuality that it's getting pretty sickening. In my opinion i think they should have ads of condoms. Kids in elementary school freakin know about sex now. why not educate them further on how to protect themselves rather than hide it late at night in commercials?? at least they'll know what they are rather than not use them at all!...and that's why there are babies practically having babies now!..my gosh!..it's pretty sad. I see more 15-16 year olds having babies NOW, then back then. perhaps having the kids cyber IS better than having real sex, but still, if they do it on here, they're still going to want to do it in real life. freakin kids these days are all hecka horny.... If the kids on here that cyber could put all that energy into studying and in sports then i don't think that many kids would actually go out there and end up doing it for real!....come to think about it, where are all of these young mothers parents at?!...is it really hard to watch out for your kids and talk to them about the topic?....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:38 pm
putting condom ads on earlier will not equate to more kids using them.... nor would putting condom ads on sites that target teenagers and children. To think that kids don't know about them because they don't see the ads is actually a bit ignorant if you ask me. If they can learn about sex without television and advertising telling them about sex, what makes you think they wouldn't also know about condoms? Additionally, a lot of teenagers and some kids watch late night television anyway even though the programming is not meant for them.

I had some perverted friends and family when I was young and learned the basics of sex in elementary school. I even knew about condoms before I even knew what semen was. Despite this, I would not have dared to have sex before I thought I was old enough to deal with it {well, 16 isn't exactly "old enough", but that's a whole story in itself that I'm not getting into right now}.

I can't say for sure why the moral inhibitions of children and teens these days are lower than when I was that age, but I can speculate that part of the problem is the importance that those around them {peers and adults alike} put on sex. I have seen more adults than I should have talking about sex and how much they enjoy it or how great it is around their children, thinking that their children don't understand what they're talking about. Hearing adults talk about it so much and praising it, they to some extent realize that it's an adult thing to do and feel more encouraged to do it because then they would feel "more mature" by having done this "adult thing".... it's the same way a lot of people I knew got into smoking when I was in school.

Now, you add that with the frame of mind that "they're going to do it anyway, so might as well allow them to", they now think that it is not only "okay", but also that it is perfectly "normal" to do it, thus causing them to put more pressure on their peers who still have that "outdated" thought that they should wait until they're older or until marriage.

Advertising condoms to kids/young teens is the equivalent of saying that it is "okay" and "normal" for someone that age to have sex. If you don't want them to have sex at that age, then don't pretend that you don't care.

I remember distinctly when my mum told me that if I ever brought a girl home pregnant that I would be out on my a**. That may not have been enough for me to completely avoid sex, but it was certainly enough for me to make damn sure I always had a condom. I'd even turned down sex on more than one occasion because I didn't have one. I didn't care how embarrassing it was to buy them myself {yes, I bought my own} because going through that was better than being a teenage father. {After a while, I also realized that the cashier didn't care what I was buying and didn't feel embarrassed anymore.}

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

BuNnyHat3R

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:06 pm
ThisEmptySoul
putting condom ads on earlier will not equate to more kids using them.... nor would putting condom ads on sites that target teenagers and children. To think that kids don't know about them because they don't see the ads is actually a bit ignorant if you ask me. If they can learn about sex without television and advertising telling them about sex, what makes you think they wouldn't also know about condoms? Additionally, a lot of teenagers and some kids watch late night television anyway even though the programming is not meant for them.

I had some perverted friends and family when I was young and learned the basics of sex in elementary school. I even knew about condoms before I even knew what semen was. Despite this, I would not have dared to have sex before I thought I was old enough to deal with it {well, 16 isn't exactly "old enough", but that's a whole story in itself that I'm not getting into right now}.

I can't say for sure why the moral inhibitions of children and teens these days are lower than when I was that age, but I can speculate that part of the problem is the importance that those around them {peers and adults alike} put on sex. I have seen more adults than I should have talking about sex and how much they enjoy it or how great it is around their children, thinking that their children don't understand what they're talking about. Hearing adults talk about it so much and praising it, they to some extent realize that it's an adult thing to do and feel more encouraged to do it because then they would feel "more mature" by having done this "adult thing".... it's the same way a lot of people I knew got into smoking when I was in school.

Now, you add that with the frame of mind that "they're going to do it anyway, so might as well allow them to", they now think that it is not only "okay", but also that it is perfectly "normal" to do it, thus causing them to put more pressure on their peers who still have that "outdated" thought that they should wait until they're older or until marriage.

Advertising condoms to kids/young teens is the equivalent of saying that it is "okay" and "normal" for someone that age to have sex. If you don't want them to have sex at that age, then don't pretend that you don't care.

I remember distinctly when my mum told me that if I ever brought a girl home pregnant that I would be out on my a**. That may not have been enough for me to completely avoid sex, but it was certainly enough for me to make damn sure I always had a condom. I'd even turned down sex on more than one occasion because I didn't have one. I didn't care how embarrassing it was to buy them myself {yes, I bought my own} because going through that was better than being a teenage father. {After a while, I also realized that the cashier didn't care what I was buying and didn't feel embarrassed anymore.}

pretty good points...but still, my question is, if kids know all about condoms when they're watching all those late night shows and commercials, then why are so many kids getting pregnant these days?...maybe they're not educating them enough?......or maybe the kids are just too lazy and dumb to not use one...i dunno...ugh... stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:48 pm
From my experience, there are a few reasons that I have heard given or have deducted from stories of the sexual escapades of others:

1: The belief that there are only two days in a month in which a woman can get pregnant. I have been told this is true by a nurse, but I personally find it hard to believe with all those pregnant teens and teen parents running around. However, even under the assumption it is true, semen can still be stored in a woman's body for up to two days {also told to me by this same nurse}, and it also requires some calculation to figure out which days the woman is at peak fertility to be able to avoid having sex on those days and the days immediately before.... which of course is too much work for a teen to want to do.

2: "It ruins the moment". When they find the opportunity to have sex, they don't want to pause for a moment to procure and utilize a condom, especially if they're in a situation in which they are worried about getting caught.

3: It takes the feeling out. I can't argue much with that since it really does take out a lot of feeling, but it certainly doesn't take out enough to make sex completely unsatisfying.

4: "They're not that effective". There are those that actually feel condoms are not effective enough to make a difference so decide to go without because of the above reason.

5: Those that venture into sex before they can drive have a harder time obtaining condoms because they know they will get in trouble if their parents knew they had them, however a lot of them don't want to use them anyway because it's "so much better without".

6: Oddly enough, there are still people that think the "pull-out" method works.

Those that think they are not effective and end up with pregnancy despite using them also often don't realize that you're supposed to wash before applying the condom {to ensure no pre-ejaculate gets on the outside of the condom}, both partners should wash afterward {sometimes the man will just take it off and they will go to sleep or cuddle... getting their semen covered phallus all over the sheets and their partner}, and you're supposed to use a new one after each time you ejaculate instead of continuing to use the same semen filled condom until you don't feel like having sex anymore. All of this is actually explained on the box if you buy your own condoms as opposed to getting a handful of free ones from planned parenthood or the nurse's office at school {not that many would read the box anyway...}.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

BuNnyHat3R

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 am
ThisEmptySoul
From my experience, there are a few reasons that I have heard given or have deducted from stories of the sexual escapades of others:

1: The belief that there are only two days in a month in which a woman can get pregnant. I have been told this is true by a nurse, but I personally find it hard to believe with all those pregnant teens and teen parents running around. However, even under the assumption it is true, semen can still be stored in a woman's body for up to two days {also told to me by this same nurse}, and it also requires some calculation to figure out which days the woman is at peak fertility to be able to avoid having sex on those days and the days immediately before.... which of course is too much work for a teen to want to do.

2: "It ruins the moment". When they find the opportunity to have sex, they don't want to pause for a moment to procure and utilize a condom, especially if they're in a situation in which they are worried about getting caught.

3: It takes the feeling out. I can't argue much with that since it really does take out a lot of feeling, but it certainly doesn't take out enough to make sex completely unsatisfying.

4: "They're not that effective". There are those that actually feel condoms are not effective enough to make a difference so decide to go without because of the above reason.

5: Those that venture into sex before they can drive have a harder time obtaining condoms because they know they will get in trouble if their parents knew they had them, however a lot of them don't want to use them anyway because it's "so much better without".

6: Oddly enough, there are still people that think the "pull-out" method works.

Those that think they are not effective and end up with pregnancy despite using them also often don't realize that you're supposed to wash before applying the condom {to ensure no pre-ejaculate gets on the outside of the condom}, both partners should wash afterward {sometimes the man will just take it off and they will go to sleep or cuddle... getting their semen covered phallus all over the sheets and their partner}, and you're supposed to use a new one after each time you ejaculate instead of continuing to use the same semen filled condom until you don't feel like having sex anymore. All of this is actually explained on the box if you buy your own condoms as opposed to getting a handful of free ones from planned parenthood or the nurse's office at school {not that many would read the box anyway...}.

*tsk tsk tsk*....you should actually apply this information in the general questions area, if there is a topic for this..lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:14 pm
I wonder if they have an age sensor? Gaia shows you certain ads based on your age?  

SarahT3hPixie

Happy Hentai Beastie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:31 pm
Okaaaaaaaaaaay... just got an ad for www.thebar.com on my GaiaOnline front page. Took a screenshot, I'll upload it later.

Leg shaving. Periods. Now alcohol. Getting the next generation ready to deal with me as an old man.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:23 pm
Dathu
Darth Showa

User Image
I'd equip it.

EW!  

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

BuNnyHat3R

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:34 am
Happy Hentai Beastie
Okaaaaaaaaaaay... just got an ad for www.thebar.com on my GaiaOnline front page. Took a screenshot, I'll upload it later.

Leg shaving. Periods. Now alcohol. Getting the next generation ready to deal with me as an old man.

SarahT3hPixie
I wonder if they have an age sensor? Gaia shows you certain ads based on your age?

lol!!...dude, maybe she's right!!??...maybe they do have an age sensor...they know how old we are so they're advertising alcohol so we get off our asses and go out to get drunk?...haha...i'm perfect at home, sober...thank you very much ads!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:41 am
I've read somewhere on the site that Gaia has no control over what ads are displayed. They get their ads from one ad company which then cycles through ads for various clients of theirs with not too much attention paid to what is "age appropriate" for the site it is going on. So Gaia has to tell them what ads specifically to take out of rotation because the ad company doesn't pay too much attention to what it is that is being advertised. Of course, someone has to see and report the ad before Gaia can tell them to take it off.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:15 pm
I'd say that now that they have a Gaia Tampax NPC, who gives out the Tampax Flowing Dress (cute dress, but the name... ewww), it has nothing to do with what they can't control.  
Arena Threads and Gaia Items

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff