Yale'buana:
Yale curled up on a warm rock outside of the temple, the sun shining on his striped coat as he dozed. He'd spent most of the earlier day practicing hunting with his younger brother. Not like he really wanted to, but every so often he thought it was nice to play a bit with his brother. He wasn't the playing type, not in the least, but Kamau was the closest thing he had to a friend and he didn't want to lose that.
But after that, it was nice to have a little quiet time to curl up for a nice nap.
How was he supposed to know it wouldn't last?

Amiya'Aloki:
Amiya sniffed every small crack and hole she could find in the old rocks and smaller pillars. One of her first times being actually out in the open, and she was wide eyed and curious about everything. She liked green she concluded, after seeing mostly green things as she appeared on some rocks with a bit of moss on them. It was then she saw the small dark blur out of the corner of her eye. She sqealed loudly as the bug 'dashed' toward her, thinking it was going to eat her, she jumped over it and ran forward, seeing an almost golden lump in her way. She squeaked again as she scrambled to a halt next to the furry mass before her.

Yale'buana:
Yale twitched in surprise at the sudden sound of another next to him. His orange eyes snapped open and switched from surprise to a small glare at the blue cub who had stopped within paw's reach of him. With a small huff, he sat up and looked down at the smaller cub.
"Yes?" he asked in a very bored, somewhat annoyed tone of voice.

Amiya'Aloki:
Amiya stared up at him with a slight uneasy smile and big green eyes. "..hi!" she mewed, hoping he was friendly. He probably was, right? He looked friendly, he was kinda sunny looking with the light on his pelt...She was suddenly thinking about his bright pelt, and cocked her head to the side.

Yale'buana:
Yale turned his head a bit to one side and his eyes narrowed a bit more.
"Hi..." he replied, giving her a more thorough look. He hadn't met any new cubs in the area, but she looked... Well, she had stripes kinda like he did. Mother hadn't talked about siblings, but didn't her mate have one? He supposed she could be... Well, she wasn't his cousin. No relation at all, if she was who he thought she was. Only one way to find out.
"Who're you?"

Amiya'Aloki:
Amiya blinked and looked up at the sunny like cub. "My names Amiya'Aloki, but you can call me Amiya, or if you want to be friends you can call me Loki," she smiled, she hoped he'd be her first new friend. "Who're you?" She tried to mimic him, narrowing her eyes, but also wrinkling up her nose to make a face at him.

Yale'buana:
"Yale'buana," Yale replied shortly, leaning over so that he could scratch one ear nonchalantly. He didn't have a clue which to call her. He certainly wouldn't call her his friend, he'd just met her after all. Amiya it was, then.
"My siblings call me Yale, though," he added after a moment with a small wave of one paw. He looked around a bit before sighing.
"So, what do you want?"

Amiya'Aloki:
Amiya almost frowned, but thought a bit better of it. He was suddenly seeming not to nice. "I dunno...I was exploring.." She looked around them, it was pretty big..and..a bit scary..for someone like her. "But then I found you!" She smiled at him again, maybe he was just grumpy cause he was napping.

Yale'buana:
"Uh huh," Yale wordlessly confirmed his understanding and he stood, his tail flicking back and forth. He took a few steps away from her, hopping off of the rock.
"Find anything int'resting?" he asked, pausing and looking over his shoulder as he posed the question. He might be what some would call a stick in the mud, but he did enjoy finding something new and interesting.

Amiya'Aloki:
Amiya followed, alittle clumsily, "Well..not yet..but I really hope to! I like pretty stones..do you?" Her ears swivelled in his direction, she still didn't know much about him, but thought his name was and sounded a bit important....was he..no he wasn't family..he didn't really looke like her siblings. "What do you like?" she wondered out loud, maybe he liked stones too..

Yale'buana:
Yale shrugged as he started walking away from the temple. It'd be best if they didn't play around there. She was younger and there were places she could maybe get hurt in in the temple.
"Not really. They're just stones," he replied as he continued walking. He paused to watch a bird fly by, one he hadn't seen before. How interesting that there were so many variations of the same thing.
"I donno. Finding things out, I suppose."

Amiya'Aloki:
Amiya quickly caught up to him, "Well...I suppose..but they come in different shapes..and colors..they're really pretty. Hm.." She watched the last glimpse of the bird and turned her attention back to him. "Well..that sounds fun too. What kinda things do you find out?"

Yale'buana:
Yale simply shrugged again.
"Still, just rocks." He certainly wasn't one to change his opinion of things, and he always made sure that everyone understood his position. He was of the opinion that if you didn't like him for who he was, he didn't need to work for your approval. He was who he was and he would change for no one.
"Whatever, really. Why birds fly and we cannot, why fish can live under water and we can't, what happens when you do something to something. Stuff like that."

Amiya'Aloki:
Amiya blinked, "Ooh..but..birds have feathers..and..we dont.." she cocked her head, confused, her mama had told her a little, but she didn't know answers to his other confusing questions.

Yale'buana:
"They also have wings," Yale added as he stopped beside a tree he remembered. He frowned and rubbed a paw over some scratches in the bark.
"Trees don't heal like we do... One of my siblings scratched me, but it was all gone after a little while. But it's been forever, and they're still here," he muttered, more to himself than to her. So into his musings he actually kinda forgot she was there for a moment.

Amiya'Aloki:
Amiya blinked. Poor tree, she would hate it if her scratches never really went away. "thats..sad," she said quietly, looking at the tree.

Yale'buana:
"I suppose. Don't think it really hurts it, though. I think it might be like scratches on a turtle-shell," Yale responded, having no idea how right he was, that he had only scratched the bark of the tree.
"How 'bout you? Brothers and sisters?"

Amiya'Aloki:
"Oh," Amiya perked slightly, "Oh yeah, I have siblings. But two of my brothers dont really get along all that well...one is suppose to take mama's place one day."

Yale'buana:
Yale finally looked at her again, confused.
"Take your mom's place? Whatcha mean?" he asked, a frown on his face as he tried to work that out n his mind. Did that mean she was the daughter of the other chief? His mother most certainly hadn't had another litter of cubs, that was for sure.

Amiya'Aloki:
"Yep" Amiya blinked, wasn't that right? "but my big brother doesn't like it..he was suppose to be the one..I think. Momma an Dad are some of the ruin leaders."

Yale'buana:
"Really now? I didn't know that. My mom is one, too," Yale replied with a shrug. He stretched and then draped himself over one of the above-ground roots. He narrowed his eyes a bit at her and then shrugged again.
"Eh, doesn't matter much. Don't think any of us'll take my mom's place."

Amiya'Aloki:
Amiya tilted her head, "How come? Then who else will?" she sat down closer to the tree and wrapped her small tail around her paws.

Yale'buana:
Yale was okay with telling others about himself, sort of, but telling about others? Nah, that wasn't really in him, 'cause he could never be certain he had his facts straight.
"Just don't think so. Maybe one of your other siblings will or somethin'," was all he could think to say on that subject.

Amiya'Aloki:
"Oh.." Amiya tried to think about that for a moment. If that were true, maybe her brothers wouldn't have such a hard time with one another. "So...whats your favorite color?" She asked quickly, she felt this was slowly growing awkward, so she changed the subject.

Yale'buana:
Yale opened his mouth to answer her silly question and stopped. What WAS his favorite color? He'd never really thought of that before. Did he even have a favorite color? Surely he did. He frowned in thought.
"Blue, I suppose. Not something I really thought 'bout before. What about you"

Amiya'Aloki:
She smiled, she was kinda blue in color. Did he like her? Maybe they could be friends! "Mine is blue or green." She looked up at the leaves of the tree and the sky.