Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:58 pm
User Image Kunjufu yawned and rolled onto her back. She was sunning herself in the high sun, taking just the smallest of breaks in her job as a nanny. The cubs were old enough to take care of themselves now, after all, and she did not want to over shelter them. She knew from her own experiences that cubs came into themselves by experiencing things through their own exploration, and not at the prompting of some guiding hand. Her job was to make sure they were happy, healthy, and having fun: not to decide who they would grow up to be.

Except today. Today she was soaking up some sun and letting them do whatever they wanted.

Purring, she stretched her back legs out so her whole tummy could get some sun, curling her front paws over her head and letting out a big yawn. There was nothing better than napping under the clear sky, really. Except, of course, doing so with some company.

It didn't take Satriyo long to get used to his new home. He felt at ease here, with only his own species to deal with. The cubs that the colony sheltered were growing up each day and he couldn't help but feel proud to see the little ones get bigger. And as his job was, he would make sure no harm would come to them or anyone in the colony.

With the sun high in the sky and beating off his dark fur, it didn't take him long to warm up and flick his tail pleasantly. His eyes scanned the area, curious, if there were any members around.

Drawing a deep breath through her nose, Kunjufu caught scent of a leopard nearby. Perfect! She opened her eyes and rolled onto her side, her legs flopping onto the ground as she picked her head up and looked around. She spotted a dark furred leopard nearby, and she smiled warmly, getting to her feet. It took a bit of effort, because her legs were a bit stiff and need some stretching, but she padded her way to him while kicking out her back feet to lose some of the tension.

“Hello there!” She greeted, never shy about talking to anyone standing nearby. She liked meeting members of her pack, knowing she was still largely unfamiliar with those she should be considering her friends. “Come to do some sunning? Because this is the spot to do it!”

Her voice rang out just as he had caught on to her scent. His eyes landed on the green leopardess not too far from where he was. He returned the greeting, "Hello!" He wasn't one to be shy around others unless he was in another's territory. But this was his home now, along with the rest of the colony.

His head tilted slightly in thought, "It is the perfect time to do some sunning," He glanced around at the rocks and landscape, "I will have to agree with you on your comment. I don't believe we have met. I am Satriyo."

“I think I’d remember your face if we had met before! But I’m happy to know it now. I’m Kunjufu,” she smiled, nodding her head. She was still purring, just because she felt it put the air itself in a state of ease, and made it that much more relaxing for everyone around. She moved closer, sitting near without a trace of awkwardness or shyness.

They had been introduced, after all.

“I was just catching the sun on my stomach. It feels so good on my fur! Though yours is a lot darker. I bet you get hotter a lot faster than I do.” She tilted her head, echoing the way his was canted, “so I wonder if you’d be adverse to joining me? I think sunning with friends, however new they might be, is always more fun than doing it alone.”

User ImageHe wouldn't be able to deny her request as it'd be good to get to know others of the colony. With a nod, "I would love to!" He made his way over to a rock close to her and leapt up onto it gracefully. With a few turns to find a comfortable spot he laid down. With a slight stretch of his legs, a soft purr escape him. Now this, was heaven indeed! All nice and warm, with some company to talk to on top of it.

"Now this, hits the right spot." He turned to look at her, "If you don't mind my questions, how long have you been here for?"

Kunjufu decided to keep to the grass, liking how soft it was on her back, but she made sure to roll onto her back near the rock he was sunning on. She closed her eyes and stretched her legs out again, even her toes stretching apart as she let as much of her fur as she could possible expose get some sun. Her tail was swinging, but she wasn’t irritated. Quite the opposite.

“It does!” She concurred, all purrs and a smile in her voice, “I don’t mind questions at all, if you don’t mind me asking you them in return! I’ve been here, ah, not too long, really. I thought I was the newest member, besides the cubs, but then I learned that was entirely not true. I feel bad about being so out of the loop with everyone now.” She laughed at herself, inclining her head in his general direction, though she kept her eyes closed.

“What about you?”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:01 pm
As she had gotten comfortable Satriyo took the time to take everything in once again. This was all so new to him, but new in a way that was both nerve-wracking and exciting. He took in a few whiffs of the air, getting familar with the different scents....as Kunjufu was the most prominent, of course.

He listened to her quietly as she spoke before waiting his turn to reply. It was all based on curiosity, of course. "I had a mate and a place to live, but that had all changed some time ago when terrorities shifted in a pride. Least to say, I got tired of wandering aimlessly with no real destination in mind or company for my sanity," He paused briefly to look up at the sky, "It wasn't until I had heard rumors of this colony that I went searching for it. I wanted a place to belong...a place I could call my own and not worry about being alone."

Kunjufu tilted her head toward him, frowning.

“I’m sorry to hear that. About your life changing like that. Must be hard. Harder still when people like me apologize for it, when we can’t imagine it,” she smiled apologetically, her eyes as warm and friendly as ever. She purred, “at least you’ve found a home here, hm? I think you could belong here pretty easily. It’s a very nice place. And not just because I’m here.” She laughed. She wasn’t generally a cocky leopard.

But she liked to play.

Yawning terrifically, she watched him with her eyes half open.

“You make good company,” she said, nodding at this fact, “I’m glad you didn’t lose your sanity in your wanderings. Or if you did lose it, you lost it in a good way.” She grinned and chuckled dreamily.

His gaze shifted towards her as he nodded slightly, "It's hard to speak so casually of it now, but I cannot dwell on the past because I cannot change what has happened. But I can change what will become of my future!" Tail flicked slightly at the very end of his statement.

And then his face curled up in a grin, "I am glad to hear that. There were days that I thought I was imagining things..." He paused before teasing playfully, "Are you sure you're not just a figment of my imagination?"

Kunjufu smiled, opening one eye and closing the other to look at him a bit more directly. She didn’t have it in her to open both eyes at the same time right now. She chuckled, purring, and shook her head.

“If I am, you must have a very good and vivid imagination. And expansive! I feel like I have a whole life of memories in me, and if you imagined them for me I guess I owe you a lot of gratitude. But then, if I were just a figment then I doubt you’d be able to feel it if I touched you.”

She dragged herself to her feet, looking very reluctant to leave her comfortable sunning spot, and she bounced up onto the big rock to join him. There was enough room for her to lay down next to him, if he didn’t mind her draping herself on him a bit. Which she did, without looking too nervous about it. She rested her head on him, sighing. Her new pillow was quite comfortable.

“I guess I must be real.”

When he thought about her words he couldn't help but to chuckle. "I am not sure I am that imaginative! I could try though!"

He was soaking up the sun as he heard her shift from her spot. Curiously, he watched her make her way over to him before she rested on him. He couldn't tell that she was nervous at all, so she did a good job at masking it fairly well.

With her weight on his back he flicked his ears back, "At you sure you're real? I could be imagining this weight right now! I don't feel a thing....it's as if a feather has fallen on me."

“Nope, I’m pretty sure I’m real. At least I hope so. Oh dear, I don’t want to call my whole existence into question,” she laughed, rubbing her chin against his back and getting more comfortable. She kept her eyes closed, heaving a sigh and ruffling his fur, “that’s far too much work for a sunny, lazy day like this one. My head would start to hurt.”

She purred, smiling.

“Besides, you’re just being nice, trying to say I’m light. How sweet of you. At least that means I can stay like this without feeling bad about squishing you. I am blocking a bit of your sun, though. Hope you don’t mind.” She yawned as she spoke, drifting closer to a nap. She was very comfortable, with him and on him. She was quite prepared to just waste the rest of the day like this, sleeping comfortably and getting better acquainted with him.

He flicked his tail back, hoping that it'd touch some part of her body in jest, "I can't have you thinking too hard about your existence! The last thing I'd want is for you to fade away!" Of course, there was a slight serious undertone in it. He didn't want to be alone again, it was the worst feeling in the world.

As she purred, he purred softly as well...it was an almost spontaneous reaction, one he couldn't hold back. He was purely enjoying himself.

"I wouldn't want to be mean to my company here, even if I am being used as something to lay on." His voice was light, not at all wanting her to move. He was actually quite comfy and had no urge to move. " Perhaps I am missing my little bit of sun because of you, but you're providing enough heat to replace it just fine." He spoke softly as he rested his head on his paws.

Kunjufu giggled when his tail brushed against her, shaking her head but not lifting it. Some of his fur tickled her nose, and she wrinkled it to keep herself from sneezing on him. That would probably ruin the moment. And she was very much against ruining moments. Probably because she lived her life in a fleeting, moment to moment way, and to ruin one would probably ruin her whole day, until she could go and find a new one.

She liked the way he was rumbling underneath her, and she realized he was purring. She had felt it before she heard it, and she smiled.

“You like being my pillow, don’t pretend you don’t,” she jabbed, nuzzling against him. “I don’t have the will to move anyway. I think I’m going to sleep. I hope I don’t nod off and trap you hear, though. As light as I reportedly am, I don’t think you’d be able to drag me around if you wanted to move: and I wouldn’t want you to not be near me when I wake up. Hm. I guess the easy answer is for me to stay awake, or for you to take a nap with me.”

"Ah! You caught me then. I cannot pretend any longer then." He let out a soft chuckle before he replied, "I have no intentions of moving, you have caught me rather well."

And then quietly he added, "Perhaps you'll give me good dreams with your company here." He had no intentions of moving as he didn't want to disrupt her or waste the energy as he was quite content here.

Kunjufu nodded, though she realized he couldn’t see her. Oh well, she was too sleepy to correct the error, her mind moving on. She had her eyes closed, purring non-stop, content and relaxed. Her limbs felt like they were completely tension free, and it was really the best she had felt in a long time. She liked him, if he had this kind of an affect on her.

“Alright, then, pillow,” she said, a bit distant and groggy, “I’ll give you good dreams in return for you being my bed. I think that’s a fair trade… and then when we wake up we can learn more about each other. I’m interested in you.” It seemed when she was sleepy she was even more direct than when she was fully awake, which hadn’t seemed possible but was clearly so. She nuzzled into him again, finding that absolutely perfect position, and found herself quickly losing the fight to stay awake.

Curled against him, with the promise of him not going any where until she woke up anyway, she didn’t see why she had to fight it anyway. She nodded off, smiling.

End!  

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Usafi'tukufu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out