Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
Possibly new conlang...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:40 pm
Yesterday I got an idea for a new conlang while I was messing around with my little brother.

I wrote some things down of what it would sound like, but I want your opinon on whether it sounds like it could be a legitimate langauge or just....something weird. eek

Link.

It's tonal...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:11 pm
Hm... Well, just listening to it once, the clicks are pretty odd on my Romantically trained ears, the second time around I noticed the tones were very distinct. I guess after a third time that it sounds distinctly like something intentional.

The I guess the answer is it sounds like a very alien sort of language, but it does sound like a type of communication and not just random noises.  

Tesar Eshne

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Song Wei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:25 pm
If you don't mind I am TOTALLY sending this link to my friend! he is trying to come up with a language like this as well! And you made what he needs to hear lol, thanks.

I think it sounds great!

honestly I think it would sound very odd WITHOUT the tones! they completely add to the feel of the language and make it more natural to the ears I think ^_^

I would like to know what the Clicks are used for? if they have any exact purpose... but all in all, it sounds perfectly natural and very fun!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 pm
Shangroulu
If you don't mind I am TOTALLY sending this link to my friend! he is trying to come up with a language like this as well! And you made what he needs to hear lol, thanks.

I think it sounds great!

honestly I think it would sound very odd WITHOUT the tones! they completely add to the feel of the language and make it more natural to the ears I think ^_^

I would like to know what the Clicks are used for? if they have any exact purpose... but all in all, it sounds perfectly natural and very fun!
Thank you! xd

I tried it without tones and it just didn't seem right, it also was harder to pronounce and seemed less natural.

I'm using the clicks just as normal consonants and I'm also thinking of giving them another purpose, like seperating different grammatical parts of a sentence.

I'm using the tones because as I said, it's easier to pronounce and seems more natural, and I'm also going to use them to negate verbs and adjectives, and to change a singular subject to plural.  

Henneth Annun

Song Wei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:27 pm
XWraith_LordX
Shangroulu

I think it sounds great!

Thank you! xd

I tried it without tones and it just didn't seem right, it also was harder to pronounce and seemed less natural.

I'm using the clicks just as normal consonants and I'm also thinking of giving them another purpose, like seperating different grammatical parts of a sentence.

I'm using the tones because as I said, it's easier to pronounce and seems more natural, and I'm also going to use them to negate verbs and adjectives, and to change a singular subject to plural.
Sounds great! I would love to hear more!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:48 am
Shangroulu
XWraith_LordX
Shangroulu

I think it sounds great!

Thank you! xd

I'll work more on it soon, and then record some. smile

Oh yah, incase you were wondering why my voice sounded like a girl's, it's because I am one. xd  

Henneth Annun

Song Wei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:23 pm
XWraith_LordX
Shangroulu
XWraith_LordX
Shangroulu

I think it sounds great!

Thank you! xd

I'll work more on it soon, and then record some. smile

Oh yah, incase you were wondering why my voice sounded like a girl's, it's because I am one. xd
Lol That was your voice!? I was thinking you had someone else speak it for you! well that really straightens out a few thoughts, but seriously, I would love to hear any more recordings of this!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:40 pm
It sounds cool to me. I like phonetics as someone else would put it.
Sadly I don't have audio on this computer.  

asdfasdf22

The Constructed Languages Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff