Reply The NFL Guild
Will there ever be a '72 Dolphins? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Big Show I

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:12 pm
Which team u think will be like the '72 Dolphins by winng every regular season game, playoffs games and the SuperBowl?

who u think will be 19-0 again?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:13 pm
maybe the colts if they could repeat there offensive in the 06 season when they won the SB maybe they could repeat by being 19-0!!!!!!!!! cool  

I Big Show I

DGDT4TT00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:48 pm
Ok here we go....... The Patriots maybe and The Eagles.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:51 pm
i would be hard but no? exclaim question razz cry  

TDogVelarde26

Legend Inc.

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:38 pm
Ϩɪʟεɲςε, Ⱥʂ ɬ Ϩϼεȧқ;

════════════════════════════════

i mean, the NFL is an ever-changing game with different players doing different things each and every year
the game play back int eh 70's was WAYYY different than today's way of play
╴╴╴╴╴╴╴┓

Ϋѳʊ Ϻɑӌ Яεϩυɱε

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:05 am
Legend Inc.
Ϩɪʟεɲςε, Ⱥʂ ɬ Ϩϼεȧқ;

════════════════════════════════

i mean, the NFL is an ever-changing game with different players doing different things each and every year
the game play back int eh 70's was WAYYY different than today's way of play
╴╴╴╴╴╴╴┓

Ϋѳʊ Ϻɑӌ Яεϩυɱε

You are correct.

Back then the offenses and the defenses were nowhere near as complex or as hard to read as today's offenses and defenses are. Along with that they did not have Free Agency like they do today. So your options were either to play until your team decides to trade you or you retire for good. That is how things were back then so therefore successful teams were good for a long time and the bad teams were bad for a long time.  

vegito61283

IndianapolisColtsFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:28 am
Plus it was easier back then because of there only being 14 regular season games. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:04 am
It's hard top say what team will get to 19-0, but we know that it will happen eventually. My bet, it wont happen with the teams we have now, it will be teams in the future.  

Oreion

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:37 am
I think it will happen again but not for a LONG, LONG, LONG time. And NYY_WS_27, the Colts won't be able to go undefeated since the Panthers got there Defensive Coordinator. Remember, you need to have a strong Defense, to have a strong Offense. And you guys losing Tony Dungy and Ron Meeks, well, there goes your strong Defense and strong Offense.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:42 am
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
I think it will happen again but not for a LONG, LONG, LONG time. And NYY_WS_27, the Colts won't be able to go undefeated since the Panthers got there Defensive Coordinator. Remember, you need to have a strong Defense, to have a strong Offense. And you guys losing Tony Dungy and Ron Meeks, well, there goes your strong Defense and strong Offense.
hmmm yeath thats true sweatdrop

but wat about the Patroits there 18-1 1 season ago will they repeated if Brady can be healthy thry could go and try to be 19-0  

I Big Show I

KTS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:49 am
NYY_WS_27
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

but wat about the Patroits there 18-1 1 season ago will they repeated if Brady can be healthy thry could go and try to be 19-0
won't happen again because teams will find a way to beat the Pats now and that season they cheated against some of the teams that they would have lost against.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:15 am
KTS
NYY_WS_27
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

won't happen again because teams will find a way to beat the Pats now and that season they cheated against some of the teams that they would have lost against.
how who?  

I Big Show I

God of the gays

Beloved Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:37 am
No, since it is much harder to keep the same team together now than it was back then. It would also take just as much luck as talent, a few injuries might cost you a game.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:24 am
KTS
NYY_WS_27
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

Plus they figured out if you rush Brady and hit him, he turns into the girl he is.  

Oreion

CodeRedFed

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:46 pm
There were less games back then.

I think it will be a while before we see a 19-0 season, a perfect season in our current number of games.  
The NFL Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff