Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pagan name? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:17 am
redtearsblackwings

That does not prove that I insulted you're relgion. It simply states that I do not like to be told something I have expecanced is a deultion because other people don't have open minds.

I thought you wanted proof of you having a complex, but fine, I can prove that too.

You said I was defending Tea because she was my friend. This is not the case, I'm doing it in pure accordance with my oaths, nothing more, nothing less, to imply that I'm doing it purely for personal benefit, or am not striving to stay impartial in the matter is a grave offense against my oaths.

Quote:
Again STOP saying I have a complex I'm sick of people telling me that.

Stop acting like you have one, and we'll have no reason to say it.

Quote:
Did you ever think if you treated me with even and ounch of respect I might treat you the same way?

You were treated with respect, your reaction to this was to fly off the handle, accuse people of calling you delusional, and then move on to flame them over it. Right now, I see absolutely no reason to extend you the respect which you were first given, and plenty of reasons to extend disrespect to you.

Quote:
I didn't ******** isult you're religion oaths or anything else. You're just looking for an excuse to belittle someone.
a second ******** time. I'm doing this to defend my oaths and my honour, I have no interest in belittling you, firstly you're not important enough to waste my time, and secondly you do it more than well enough without my help.

Just because you can't grasp oaths and honour, doesn't mean that everyone is pathetically shallow as you are as to need to come up with excuses to belittle others. If I wanted to belittle you, I'd just ******** do it.

You now have two infractions against my religion and my honour to make up for, I'd suggest you get to it, quickly

Quote:
I'm willing to bet that you don't know what NICE is. Since you're treating me with an utter lack of disrespct.

You don't deserve respect, you've disrespected those that frequent this guild, with no basis, when offered correction to your supposed base for your disrespect you dismissed it off hand.

You deserve nothing, I treat those with respect who deserve it. I don't treat self-entitled people with a lack of respect, honour, and sense with respect, I don't treat people who insult my honour, my religion, my oaths, and my gods TWICE with respect.

In short, I don't treat YOU with respect.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:15 am
Cyrus the Elder
redtearsblackwings

That does not prove that I insulted you're relgion. It simply states that I do not like to be told something I have expecanced is a deultion because other people don't have open minds.

I thought you wanted proof of you having a complex, but fine, I can prove that too.

You said I was defending Tea because she was my friend. This is not the case, I'm doing it in pure accordance with my oaths, nothing more, nothing less, to imply that I'm doing it purely for personal benefit, or am not striving to stay impartial in the matter is a grave offense against my oaths.

Quote:
Again STOP saying I have a complex I'm sick of people telling me that.

Stop acting like you have one, and we'll have no reason to say it.

Quote:
Did you ever think if you treated me with even and ounch of respect I might treat you the same way?

You were treated with respect, your reaction to this was to fly off the handle, accuse people of calling you delusional, and then move on to flame them over it. Right now, I see absolutely no reason to extend you the respect which you were first given, and plenty of reasons to extend disrespect to you.

Quote:
I didn't ******** isult you're religion oaths or anything else. You're just looking for an excuse to belittle someone.
a second ******** time. I'm doing this to defend my oaths and my honour, I have no interest in belittling you, firstly you're not important enough to waste my time, and secondly you do it more than well enough without my help.

Just because you can't grasp oaths and honour, doesn't mean that everyone is pathetically shallow as you are as to need to come up with excuses to belittle others. If I wanted to belittle you, I'd just ******** do it.

You now have two infractions against my religion and my honour to make up for, I'd suggest you get to it, quickly

Quote:
I'm willing to bet that you don't know what NICE is. Since you're treating me with an utter lack of disrespct.

You don't deserve respect, you've disrespected those that frequent this guild, with no basis, when offered correction to your supposed base for your disrespect you dismissed it off hand.

You deserve nothing, I treat those with respect who deserve it. I don't treat self-entitled people with a lack of respect, honour, and sense with respect, I don't treat people who insult my honour, my religion, my oaths, and my gods TWICE with respect.

In short, I don't treat YOU with respect.

I don't need proof of having a complex because I know I dont have one.
In that case I am sorry for insuliting you're relgion and Oaths.

I am not acting like I have a complex I'm acting like someone who has been called something that they don't like being called.

Show proof of when I was given respect there has only been like 2 people I can think of that have give me respect.

I grasp pleant of hounor and Oaths, I have many friends of mine that could back that statment up. Just because I don't have an Oath to you dosn't mean that I don't understand one.

I deserve as much respect as the next person, you are no better then me and you don't have the right to treat me like you are. I've also not been offered correction just been told I'm wrong, with no real reason.

Well if you don't treat me with repect I have NO reason at all to treat you with respect.

I've borken this up for you in the hope that some of it might get though you're tiny head and you'll understand you're acting like a d**k head.  

redtearsblackwings

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 am
redtearsblackwings
I don't need proof of having a complex because I know I dont have one.
That's really not good enough proof for the rest of us.

Quote:
In that case I am sorry for insuliting you're relgion and Oaths.
It's about damned time.

Quote:
I am not acting like I have a complex I'm acting like someone who has been called something that they don't like being called.
You act like a child when you get called something you don't like?

Quote:
Show proof of when I was given respect there has only been like 2 people I can think of that have give me respect.

Quote:
I grasp pleant of hounor and Oaths, I have many friends of mine that could back that statment up. Just because I don't have an Oath to you dosn't mean that I don't understand one.
Not really, as you don't seem to think you need to apologise for insulting someone's honour until three seperate people ask you to.

Quote:
I deserve as much respect as the next person, you are no better then me and you don't have the right to treat me like you are. I've also not been offered correction just been told I'm wrong, with no real reason.
This is a lie. You have been offered correct several times. You just don't seem to notice it.

Quote:
Well if you don't treat me with repect I have NO reason at all to treat you with respect.
Unless you've lost the right to respect by your action. Then your lack of respect will just be seen as petulant.

Quote:
I've borken this up for you in the hope that some of it might get though you're tiny head and you'll understand you're acting like a d**k head.
...ok, What the ******** go on this rampage of how you're not being respected, then you call him stupid and a d**k head?

Not only are you an Oathbreaker, you're a ******** hypocrite.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:18 am
I totally missed that. Red, you are now really treading on thin ice if you think this is the way to endear respect and wanting to remain in the guild.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:17 am
redtearsblackwings
Well excuse me for being different to you.
Drop the persecution complex. You're not being called out for being different. 99.99999999% of this guild is different from me in theological construction and applied beliefs. I have a vague sense of kinship between two people in this guild in relation to my own path because it happens to have some culturally analogous concepts. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are being called out not for being different, but for being wrong, being a liar, indulging delusions of persecution, refusing to think critically and breaking your word.
Quote:

Because I veiw a natural fource as needed to be respected and you don't dosn't mean that I'm wrong.
This is what we call a lie. See, you don't apply this universally to natural forces. If you did, you would have actually capitalized Natural Forces.

See how we are able to review your own words and find things that you say that directly contradict your stated position?

The reason we are able to do this is because you are thoughtless. You don't actually apply any reasoning to your position. This is a case of ignorance. Something that can be corrected.

We can see later how you back peddled. You lied, and when caught in the lie, you tried to cover it up with another lie:

redtearsblackwings
Acctually I caplitise anything that has to do with a relgion out of respect for that religion.

You don't capitalize anything that has to do with religion. We can see this because you didn't capitalize Oath.

redtearsblackwings

Agreeing to follow something isn't taking an oath, bloody hell.

Now that your lies have been spelled out by your own posts, we can see that you did in fact lie.

redtearsblackwings

You're only backing them up because they are your friends I have been called delusional.
This is also a lie. He and I aren't friends. At best, we might be considered passing acquaintances.

Now, I have demonstrated that you lied. I have demonstrated that you back peddled. I have demonstrated that, by definition, you are delusional. I can also demonstrate that you are an oathbreaker.

All of these positions are objectively true. You are a delusional oathbreaking liar.

So this is pretty much the moment of truth Red. Will you make amends for being an oathbreaking liar and destroy your precious delusion, or will you perpetuate it?

Celeblin Galadeneryn
Why are you too proud to apologise for it?

The long answer is that it's because she has constructed a sense of identity based on being "different" and "persecuted" and that anything that questions her is seen as bad because she can't tell the difference between questioning a position and degrading her personal identity.

Thus, if she actually has to admit that there is something needing of apology, she would have to admit she was in the wrong, which would devalue the sense of "different" which would undermine her identity.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:23 pm
TeadDidikai
This is what we call a lie. See, you don't apply this universally to natural forces. If you did, you would have actually capitalized Natural Forces.

I don't believe this is the case. One may believe that gods need to be respected, and the capitalization of their names/pronouns is denoting respect. However, they might apply this only when referencing a specific god.  

Aino Ailill

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:39 pm
rmcdra
I do wonder, where does this persecution complex within the Pagan community, especially among eclectics? I wonder if it has something to do with RSW, or is it just an internal fear that one gains when leaving a former religion? Something else all together?

I've observed it in Christians, as well as in non-religious settings. It is possible that the same actions derived from different reasonings, but my (unsupported by any legitimate standard) belief would be, simply, that the person fundamentally ties e's identity in with the beliefs so a questioning of that is interpreted as a questioning of the person.

My parent gets very upset at any question to e's cooking skills, parenting skills, or job performance, even when it is not an attack. E becomes highly thrilled when any of these are praised. These traits (cook, tailor, manager of a data team, and parent), according to e's testimony, is what makes my parent who e is.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:56 pm
redtearsblackwings
Acctually I caplitise anything that has to do with a relgion out of respect for that religion.

What does witchcraft have to do with a religion?  

Nines19

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:57 pm
Aino Ailill
TeadDidikai

I don't believe this is the case. One may believe that gods need to be respected, and the capitalization of their names/pronouns is denoting respect. However, they might apply this only when referencing a specific god.
Good point.

Red, I retract the claim that the cited passage is proof that you lied. The other citation stands however.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:17 pm
Aino Ailill
rmcdra
I do wonder, where does this persecution complex within the Pagan community, especially among eclectics? I wonder if it has something to do with RSW, or is it just an internal fear that one gains when leaving a former religion? Something else all together?

I've observed it in Christians, as well as in non-religious settings. It is possible that the same actions derived from different reasonings, but my (unsupported by any legitimate standard) belief would be, simply, that the person fundamentally ties e's identity in with the beliefs so a questioning of that is interpreted as a questioning of the person.

My parent gets very upset at any question to e's cooking skills, parenting skills, or job performance, even when it is not an attack. E becomes highly thrilled when any of these are praised. These traits (cook, tailor, manager of a data team, and parent), according to e's testimony, is what makes my parent who e is.

Christian community too is where I saw it most promonent but that I understand to be kinda ingrained. I mean I remember in my youth being told or at least the attitude encouraged, "you will be persecuted for your beliefs". What I'm wondering is if this persecution desire/influence is a carry over from one's former Christian path or if it's something encouraged by personal insecurities? Or could it be something else? I remember that I went through a persecution complex of sorts when I first tried to leave Christianity and even had it for a little while when I became a Gnostic. I eventually grew out of it but I wonder why I even really had it in the first place.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:30 pm
Hey Rmcdra? How familiar are you with basic developmental psychology and autonomy?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:01 pm
TeaDidikai
Hey Rmcdra? How familiar are you with basic developmental psychology and autonomy?
I don't know how familiar I am. I'd like to say fairly well since I was in therapy quite frequently in my youth even hospitalized once but I've never taken any classes on the subject.

Why do you ask?  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:14 pm
rmcdra
TeaDidikai
I don't know how familiar I am. I'd like to say fairly well since I was in therapy quite frequently in my youth even hospitalized once but I've never taken any classes on the subject.

Why do you ask?
Just didn't want to repeat a bunch of stuff you already understood.

Okay, so let's break it down.

Developmental psych acknowledges stages of development and how one relates to the world around them. When you're an infant in a healthy environment you are the sum of your world.

You react to stimuli a certain way and all your needs are provided for you. Your skin is irritated from having soiled yourself, you cry, the problem goes away. You are hungry, you cry, the hunger is met with a n****e and you're all set.

This isn't going to be this way forever though- eventually, your cries don't get you picked up automatically. They parents decide you can cry yourself to sleep a little.

As a person develops, they begin to be able to distinguish themselves from the world around them- starting with the aspects of the world which are apathetic and/or dangerous.

Finally children begin to understand that their parents aren't going to give them everything they want, and that's when they start seeking autonomy.

Part of seeking autonomy is the development of Moral Autonomy, usually done in one's teen years. Once one is able to recognize patterns as external and internal, they seek to further distinguished themselves as individuals by rejecting patterns they see as synonymous with the authority figures that shape them- such as parents, teachers and other peers that do not further their sense of personal value.

Thus, there really is a concept of "not for us, against us" formed when they reject the patterns of the authorities around them- which in turn becomes false senses of persecution.

This is a horrifically simplified commentary on it. I could pull up some articles if you wish, but I think it gets the basics across pretty well.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:17 am
redtearsblackwings

I deserve as much respect as the next person, you are no better then me and you don't have the right to treat me like you are.

The "next person" is offered nothing more than the base level of human rights established courtesy (i.e. I don't kill them). As are you.

Anything beyond that, like say, being "nice" to you? That is earned. You have not earned it. If anything, you have gone in the opposite direction from earning it. You do not deserve my respect for existing. No one deserves my respect. They simply earn it.

Stop being an entitlement monger.  

Recursive Paradox

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:59 am
@TeaDidikai
Okay yeah that does get some basics across. I would like to see those articles because this is a subject of interest to me.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff