Another RIG? Already? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:16 am
At least they gave it a week or more between RIGs this time...

Though I wish they had released more than a few items in the CS. I'll bet they're gonna say "We used that as an example... Too bad"

Which is odd since there's no TIME LIMIT on them. AND there were only what... 8 items?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:56 pm
Well, i heard from a girl who was friends with someone who used to work in gaia's hq but was recently let go... supposedly.. the cost of their staff in the area they are in.. is getting astronomically out of control... but then, it shouldn't be too surprising. California as is... is very expensive... san francisco is really pricy too... maybe they should re-locate? and trim their staff down? i realize they might not /want/ to do that... However, it might be better for them.. in terms of longevitiy. at least to southern cali.. or maybe out of cali all together.

I personally like all of these RIG items. However, I can't afford to go buy a cash card every week... or drop $100 a month on gaia cash... >< It's so unfair.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

lPANICl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:39 am
RIGs make me sad  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:16 am
So it would appear that a week is now going to be the normal gap between RIGs. *sigh*  

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:56 pm
Looks that way. *Sighs also*

Anywhoo, for what it's worth (probably not much), but I've started a thread with my suggestions for improving the RIGs (since I know they won't get rid of them). If anyone's interested, the thread is here. (Not that I expect the staff to listen to any of my suggestions, but I can't say I didn't try.)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:34 am
Personally, I think the only way to "improve" the RIGs is to only release new ones 4 to 6 times a year - MAX. Gambling encourages people to overspend, and it's quite effective. But if you entice your clients into overspending too often they go broke, and you end up with no customers. What Gaia's doing is stupid, and they will lose far more money in the long run than they're making in the short run by pummeling us with new items & RIGs every week.  

Keiko Dreams

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:03 am
O.T.L.
Looks that way. *Sighs also*

Anywhoo, for what it's worth (probably not much), but I've started a thread with my suggestions for improving the RIGs (since I know they won't get rid of them). If anyone's interested, the thread is here. (Not that I expect the staff to listen to any of my suggestions, but I can't say I didn't try.)

I rather like the idea of no commons in RIGs. Perhaps those of us who have been disenfranchised with them will at least be a little alleviated.

I remember buying the midsummer swirl for 30k or so and got a common item worth 7k. ><  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:40 pm
Keiko Dreams
Personally, I think the only way to "improve" the RIGs is to only release new ones 4 to 6 times a year - MAX. Gambling encourages people to overspend, and it's quite effective. But if you entice your clients into overspending too often they go broke, and you end up with no customers. What Gaia's doing is stupid, and they will lose far more money in the long run than they're making in the short run by pummeling us with new items & RIGs every week.

Yeah, I can vouch for that. I used to buy tons of stuff from Gaia. Now? Nada. I have no money left. Rent is more important.  

Jenova4

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:41 pm
The Mood Bubble was a rather nice change of pace.  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff