Reply Let's Work Together, Gaia
Another RIG? Already? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keiko Dreams

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:06 pm
Geez. Does anyone else think that Gaia's spending way too much time designing new items for RIGs lately? Granted - I don't like RIGs - and I know lots of people do like them - but come on. Do we have to have a new one every two weeks? Wouldn't 4 or 6 times a year be enough?

What about fixing things that are actually broken Gaia? What about site improvements that actually need to be made - like making accounts more secure? They're rolling out yet another menu change - but trades are still limited to the first 800 items in your inventory. Lots of "I am" items show a gitched red background in towns. Lots of older items are still male or female only. The lag situation with aquariums is still terrible. The chessboards in towns are totally broken. Simple games like slots haven't been able to display avatars properly for years. The final chapter of the Prom manga was never released, as usual. Is the promised major upgrade to towns actually going to happen this year, or are they too busy creating RIGs to get around to it?

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for new items. I simply think more attention needs to be paid to site maintenance and updates. This is nuts. The only thing that gets a decent level of code updates on Gaia is zOMG - everything else is being largely ignored.

I do realize that they've fixed some things in the recent past - and I'm grateful for that. I simply think if they have the time & staff to release a neverending flood of new items they should also be fixing things around here at a much faster rate. New graphics & menus are cool, but solid code that can be reliably used to expand the site's capabilities would be far cooler.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:26 pm
I like the items, I love stars, but they really didn't need to find an excuse like the 40th anniversary of man landing on the moon. THAT part I didn't like. It could've been random, but now it just seems like making an excuse to make money. Not that Gaia needs to try too hard for that anymore.

At this point, it's just like...Whatever, now.

Chaos Blue

Nanenna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:38 pm
It does seem like they're cranking them out at a furious rate, the items might be of a better quality if they slow them down. Plus the RIGs could stay in the store longer. It seems like they have the lifespan of a fortnight, of course most of the items in it are going to be rare and AI'd if they barely have a chance to be purchased!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:18 pm
I think they're going to find that, if they keep this up, no one will get excited about anything pretty soon. There's only so much excitement they can generate (and thus stimulate a huge influx of cash) - after a while people simply start to ignore it. Which is a shame.

Gaia's wasting so much with their current attitude. Makes me sad. crying  

Keiko Dreams

UPC Betsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:54 am
It's like EIs. It used to be that every time a new EI came out, the SF and GCD would get all excited about it.

Now, (I don't know about the GCD, I don't frequent that forum anymore) you'll see one thread, two tops, whenever a new EI is released.

They lose their charm after awhile.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:11 am
But how else would they be able to cater food to there oh so very underpaid employees?  

Dallas Overload

Fashionable Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:31 pm
They might as well make Cash Shop its own tab.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 pm
For serious, I'm surprised they didn't. ~_~  

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 pm
They seriously DO have enough material to make a whole separate tab though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:05 am
In my opinion, I don't mind RIGs.
We're still getting shop updates, we're still getting MCs, we're still getting EIs, they're just making more money. Various artists have made it known that without RIGs, they wouldn't be able to put out alot of the items they have. I'm not sure about you, but I'd rather have these items than not.  

mattmagician

Lonely Nerd

10,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Nanenna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:18 am
mattmagician
In my opinion, I don't mind RIGs.
We're still getting shop updates, we're still getting MCs, we're still getting EIs, they're just making more money. Various artists have made it known that without RIGs, they wouldn't be able to put out alot of the items they have. I'm not sure about you, but I'd rather have these items than not.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind RIGs if they slowed down the rate a little. These are too fast, too often, and not enough time to sit and be bought.
But as to the "rather have them than not" sentiment, do you have a Mercury's Moon? Star Kitten? Warmth of Apollo? Gaia-tan? Orinkage? Those items are so rare that they're AI'd to outrageous proportions and very few people actually get them. For us normal users who don't have an three extra Winged Anklets lying around to sell just to get one of those items they may as well not exist.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:23 am
I find it funny that every time I check this site, I see loads of new announcements, and being able to see them in a straight run, I see they are 90% about cash items of one sort or another.

Then I see this RIG announcement. Then I see that they blatantly ripped of Katamari Damacy. Rage ensued.

If they're going to be money whores, they could at least sell original, well made items. But that's just too much to ask it seems.  

[ .NK. ]
Captain

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:26 am
I'm personally surprised RIGs are still being done and they haven't broken the stick they were beating that dead horse with. Soon enough they will realize they ruined this thing just like evolution items and move onto the next big money making scheme which will result in less time spent on the site and more time optimizing fin-n-friend's wallets. Probably a pet system. A really expensive-to-the-user pet system that isn't very rewarding.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:51 pm
I'm just sad because when I got back from vacation I saw several announcements that looked like the site was going in the right direction, then this happened. I think I stopped caring.  

Nanenna

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:03 pm
I think I have to agree with you.  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items