Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:21 pm
User ImageMatemo, or rather Yì Cháng, was settling in to her new home. Her home. There was no new for her, as far as she was concerned. Everything that happened before coming here didn't matter. She was done thinking about it, and done letting it be a part of her being. From the moment she had been accepted into this pride and had taken a new name a new life had started.

So far, she liked it a whole lot better.

It was a bit awkward, though, trying to get to know others. Everyone seemed to be close and she was trying hard to focus on her duties... making friends was a secondary concern, and it was falling to the wayside. She had managed to meet an interesting male from another house, but that had been due to some accidental wandering. Now that she had her bearings, she imagined she would be able to more easily keep track of where she was.

Anyway, she wanted to meet more members of her own house.

Sighing, the young adult padded across a familiar path from her resting place to a nearby watering hole. She had a lot of jumbled thoughts in her head, about friends and duty and this new life, but the thing that was distracting her the most was her want of a drink.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 am
Since day break, the Lord had been up and patrolling, taking it upon him personally to do so each and everyday. Though it was the guard's duty to watch the gates and those within the House, he found it relaxing to walk about. Made him feel useful than sitting up in the Royal Den watching the happenings of the day below him.

Slowly, new members were coming to their little home, growing into a strong House for the Tianxia and a strong force of lions to trample over intruders.

The large lion was nearing the river from the waterfall, the House's main source of water, which ran just outside the House's gates. Feeling a thirst himself, it was about time he got his drink before he was off to hunt for his mate and his family then the House.

As the Lord approached a cleaner, and less rock filled, water source, he noticed another. It was Yi Chang, one of the new members he had recruited into the House. Remembering she had a slight hindrance, he was curious how she was holding herself in the House. Boldly, the Lord moved closer, bending down for a drink as if to ignore her presence.

"Morning, Yi Change." he spoke in a deep, throaty voice.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 am
Matemo lifted her head in surprise. She recognized the voice immediately, remembering their rather intimidating first meeting all too clearly. She dropped it back down again in reverence, maybe a bit too much, drawing a deep breath to stave off the shock of suddenly being talked to. She had thought herself alone with her thoughts, and now she was definitely not.

"Good morning, my Lord," she said carefully, then she looked up at him. Why was he out and about now? Had something happened, or was he just restless? She didn't feel it her place to ask, not wanting to ruffle him the wrong way. She didn't think her first impression had been the best.

But she asked anyway, because she had a bad habit of not going with her sensible impulses.

"Are you... ah..." wait, how was she going to phrase it? She shook her head, another thought striking her. She wondered if she had somehow not been doing her job very well, despite her best efforts. Now feeling unduly anxious, she cleared her throat, "you weren't looking for me, were you?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:52 am
Sheng always had this scowl on his face, furrowed brows and a frown. A serious face. It was only him trying to keep himself under control, but it did help with the intimidating factor that many talk about. Even Fukuaji admitted that he was afraid of how Sheng often looked. Then again, he even admitted that Sheng did not look like himself when he was charming his mate or happy with his family.

"We are outside the gates, you do not have to be so formal. Especially when we are alone," he said, not opening his eyes or removing his maw from the water. It would take a lot of water to fill him. He did not like being mannerful, he as certain his son Xun'lin wasn't either. So when he could not be all high and mighty, he chose to be. So those were when he were outside the Pride's gates and when he was alone with someone.

"I have no reason to seek you out unless I should be," he replied. He stopped taking a drink, raising his regal head and turning to her. "You are doing a fine job as is, if you weren't we wouldn't be here discussing it. I would be scolding and forcibly showing you how to do your job correctly." he smiled. "Not really. If I had any thought you wouldn't be able to do your job, I would not have requested you to join my House."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:09 pm
Matemo didn't know what to think about that. Even outside the gates, they were still who they were, right? He was still her boss, and she should show him the proper respect. Of course, that also included listening to him when he requested things of her. Like not being so formal. Oh dear. She shook his head slightly, hoping he didn't see it because it was mostly for herself, and decided that it wasn't as complicated as she was making it seem.

He wanted to be informal? She could do that. She preferred it, really, because she had a habit of letting her good manners slip. Maintaining them, however honest her desire to do so was, always leaned toward the difficult side. She didn't like to think about the implications of that against her nature, but knew it probably meant she was just naturally rude.

Of course that wasn't true. She was actually a very nice lioness, and sweet by disposition. It was the hard knocks that made her a bit more aware of her place in the world, and through that forced her to try harder to gauge others before she tried to be friendly with them.

She laughed a bit, though she was intimidated, shaking her head and shrugging her shoulders almost languidly, save for a stiff twitch that betrayed how nervous she still felt.

"I guess that makes sense. I am doing a pretty good job of it, if I do say so my self," she grinned with feigned, or mostly feigned, cockiness, "still, it's a relief to know I'm not delusional about it."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:50 am
Sheng looked about casually as if still on his scouting and patrolling duty. Things around the House were the same. No trespassers and it was quiet. The only things that went on most of the time were those happenings that the Zhi Ming members brought about. Last he heard from Fukuaji was that Xun was returning home from his trip shortly which meant that one of his sons were finally an adult by House views. It also meant that he would have someone to talk to more socially and that there will be someone else to share his duties with.

"Well, with some arrivals to come, we must fortify our House and step up our duties, Yi Chang," he smirked, looking in the corner of his eyes at her. "With cubs running around, we can't afford any Dukes or Duchesses going missing."

Perhaps she got the hint. In fact, it was quiet obvious what he meant. Mwana was pregnant and it was almost time for his cubs to be born. Which meant that the family was vulnerable and that these new lives, the House's future, was in jeopardy too. With the fortification of himself and his son, Xun's, patrol and guard duties, he hoped that other members would step up their duties and help with the protection and raising on the new royal litter.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:23 pm
Matemo nodded.

Cubs. She wasn't sure if she was good about cubs. She knew she liked them, in theory, but without ever having to deal with or take care of one directly, she imagined there was probably a lot about them that she wouldn't like at first. It was easy to watch other families with theirs, and be charmed by the way the parents doted on their children, but those were just fleeting glimpses. Having one with her all the time would probably make the novelty of cubs in general fade from her mind.

She shook her head. Hello, tangential train of thought. She looked back at Sheng and returned his smirk confidently.

"I think I can handle keeping any little paws from outrunning me. If anyone makes a break for it, they better not try it on my patrol. It's good to hear about returns a-and cubs, though. Sounds like good times ahead," she smiled at him, which faded as she thought about her resolve.

She would do her duty and make sure the lands were safe for the Lord's family to be raised in. Or, at least, she would do everything within her power to contribute to that one goal, as she knew the rest of their House would.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:31 am
"It is assuring to hear that you take you job seriously. But we are during a Calm. You don't have to be so uptight," Sheng spoke, flicking his tail idly behind him as he laid down beside the water, his paws crossed before him. Didn't look like he wanted to go anywhere any time soon. Still in such a calm, lazy stance, Sheng gave off that intimidating, regal, powerful vibe. The constant rumbling in his chest was always there. "If my son, Xun were here, he'd tell me that you have a stick up your a** and need to stop doing everything so seriously. Said that when he was a cub, the stiffness of everything made him want to rebel and have fun. Mind you, he did that quite often."

Oh Xun, always the trouble maker, but for good reason. Granted he didn't always listen to his mother's lectures. He often ditched his Royal Guard just to sneak out and please Lahn, his future mate. But as he grew, he and Sheng shared a lot of male-bonding moments and they came to realize they share a thing in two in common.

Emerald eyes glanced over Yi Chang's form.

"When are you going to have cubs? You look as if you are in your prime and possible a good mother. Though you'll need our blessings, it is a curious thought."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:28 pm
Matemo flicked her tail. Uptight? She sighed. Maybe she'd find the perfect balance eventually. It did feel like she was trying a bit hard, but she thought that was what she needed to do, being a new member and a stranger to most of the pride. She wanted to let people know, just by seeing her, that they could count on her.

But she didn't like being uptight. Generally she was a very sweet and genial lioness, though she had a serious game face when work needed to be done. Maybe she was focusing too much on that side of things, and the game face was getting increasingly set over her character. She'd have to loosen up a little, but hopefully not too much.

Fitting in was difficult!

"I guess I'll have to watch where I sit next time," she grinned, liking the sound of this Xun, at least when he was a cub, "so I don't get one caught up there again. That's definitely not who I mean to be." She shook her head furiously.

His next comment caught her completely off guard and her mouth dropped open a bit. She blinked, blindsided, and then cleared her throat and forced a theatrical laugh.

"Cubs? Me? While that is a curious thought, no doubt about it, I don't. Uh. See that happening. Any time soon. Missing a key element or two for the mix, you see. Like, oh. Love. Or a male." She laughed, honestly, finding the excuse flimsy and stupid at best. Her eyes softened and she shook her head, still smiling, "I wouldn't mind a family, but it just... hasn't happened yet."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:22 pm
Sheng smirked with a throaty chuckle. She was an amusing female. Though she has a crippled paw, she tries hard to make her end of the deal of things. Her duties were well done and he had no arguments about it. She was doing a fine job and she could probably do anything she set her mind to. A good or bad thing depending on the subject matter.

"You remind me of my son, Xun, even before he left, he still acted rebellious, following his own laws and order within our own. Granted we disliked the idea, he had his reasons, I suppose. But if you are going to change, I would certainly hope it doesn't affect your duty and make you regret it," he added, leaning down to take a mouthful of water.

He did not like to lead and here he was leading. He did not see himself with a mate and a family and here he is with both. He did not foresee any of these changes but he had adapted to them both. Though he did not regret either, he was curious what he would be like he if had not.

"Though both are essential, maybe one day you will find him," he smiled to himself. "Or you may run into a big, strong male who you may be willing to sleep with for a single night. And no one would be none the wiser." He gave another laugh.

Raising to his feet, the lord turned away from her, swishing his tail. "I should get back on my patrol and go hunting. Our Lady must be hungry by this time. I hope to see you again on our patrol paths tomorrow, Yi Chang." His voice was more serious then, not like it was before. He had returned to his regal Lord self, properness was necessary. Sheng dipped his head before walking away from the lioness.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:58 pm
She laughed, shaking her head.

"I don't think I could forget my duties at this point. I've kind of already reinvented myself, when I came here. Changing again would just be ridiculous. No. I think you're pretty much stuck with me now, stick up the butt or not." She shrugged, deciding this had to be the case, though her air was playful enough to show that she wasn't taking it too seriously.

Even if what she said was, essentially, true.

She tilted her head, sighing wistfully, "maybe one day, sure. That'd be nice. Or.. er..." she looked at him, head snapping up when he mentioned a one night stand with some stranger. She couldn't really get frustrated about the insinuation because, really, she could totally see herself doing that. She laughed, continuing her thought and pretending it was still as dreamily romantic as before. "I guess that'd be nice, too. Either way."

She stood a bit straighter, nodding her head. "I'll be here, since, you know, that's my job." She smiled at him. She would make sure she was, just because she hadn't made many friends yet, and he was surprisingly pleasant company to be in. She noticed the change in his voice, though, and nodded her head in a slight bow, lifting it to watch him leave.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games