Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Flying Tomato Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:12 pm
Hello fellow Christians,

I have a dillema, and here's what it is:
I've been wanting to do falconry since I was 13ish (the minimum age is 14) and now that I can join my states hawking club and attend this event, I see that the person I have to call has 666 in his phone number. God does say he shall test us with good things we want to see if we'll turn them down for Him, and I do want to do that. However, I do also want to be a falconer. I know I should do what God says, and so far, I haven't touched the form or called the person. Is it just a coincidence or a test from God?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:16 pm
I've had 666 gold before, but that doesn't make my gold count evil. When it is unattached to something bad, that number is most likely just a number.
It occours naturally and mathematically because it's a valid number, and it isn't necessary to attach a negative stigma to it each time you see it.
I understand you're trying to be careful, but if the only place you see it is in a phone number, I don't think you need to be wary.  

Grayed
Crew

The Flying Tomato Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:16 pm
Thanks!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:55 pm
Revalations 13:16-18
He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

Basically what Grayed said. The Mark of the Beast is a mark that is received upon the right hand (meaning anywhere from fingers to wrist) or forehead. It is from the 'Beast our of the Earth'. This beast won't come untill several (at least three) other 'beasts' (or dragons, depending on translations) have already visited the world.

All this won't untill well into the Tribulation. Either before or after the rapture (it's not very clear which. Though, from the passage just before it, we can be pretty sure that this is after the rapture). So I'm pretty sure that 666 is nothing but a number untill long after christians are gone from this world.  

ioioouiouiouio

LadyAmbrosia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:05 pm
Grayed
I've had 666 gold before, but that doesn't make my gold count evil. When it is unattached to something bad, that number is most likely just a number.
It occours naturally and mathematically because it's a valid number, and it isn't necessary to attach a negative stigma to it each time you see it.
I understand you're trying to be careful, but if the only place you see it is in a phone number, I don't think you need to be wary.
I agree, my aunts summer house street adress is 666, she's not evil, and nether is the house.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:03 pm
Thanks guys! But a world without Christians.....what a world! It makes me so sad....  

The Flying Tomato Fan

[~Fluffy Kadaj~]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:51 pm
also... the number's not going to be 666.... that's gonna be the SUM of the number (meaning, all the number in the number added together equals 666)  
Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games