Reply Advice
I really need help with an issue thats been on my mind

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rochin Mall

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:42 pm
I need help with an issue thats been on my mind for the past year and a half.I'll make it really short.Here it goes my family and I never went to church but we really belived in GOD.Last year we started going but scarcly went.Now the church was taken down and haven't gone since then.I've tried to read the bible,but I can't find mine and mine is the only one there is crying .This issue has really been buging me is it posible for me to go to hell if I don't go to church or read the bible question I'm just a 12 year old trying to make sure his family and himself don't end up in hell.Please help exclaim  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:57 am
You won't go to hell just because you don't read the Bible. Remember the thief on the cross? He got saved right before he died, but he still went to heaven. As for church, it is only meant as a means of fellowship. When you chat in this guild, you receive fellowship with other Christians, right?
Also, you can read the Bible online. There are plenty of sites with multiple translations available.
BibleGateway is a good one.  

Dabogrl

Distrustful Lunatic

[~Fluffy Kadaj~]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:23 am
i agree with wut dabogrl said 3nodding . however, u should find a church, because the fellowship experience is AMAZING! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:30 pm
i also agree with Dabogrl
if we accept that Jesus was Gods son and that that he died for our sins, we go to heaven. now for what we are supposed to do as followers of God, Jesus told us to follow God and to love our neighboors, so that what we must do. the ten commandments arnt really law anymore but thats a different topic.  

Seority

Ginzeng

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:02 am
Dabogrl
You won't go to hell just because you don't read the Bible. Remember the thief on the cross? He got saved right before he died, but he still went to heaven. As for church, it is only meant as a means of fellowship. When you chat in this guild, you receive fellowship with other Christians, right?
Also, you can read the Bible online. There are plenty of sites with multiple translations available.
BibleGateway is a good one.

I don't entirely agree with you. No, no one goes to hell because they don't read the Bible or go to church, but those are still vitally important things. Reading the Bible is necessary to fill your spirit, and teach you about God and His purpose for you (so yeah, if you don't have a Bible, use BibleGateway, or go out and buy one. Or find some organization in your area (like another church) that can give you one. Many places will have them.).
Church isn't only meant for fellowship, though that is one of its purposes. It's also meant as a place where you can come together with other believers and worship God. Admittedly, you can also worship in your own home, but Paul said in the Bible that we shouldn't forsake Christian fellowship (the exact place escapes me right now...). Gaia just doesn't cut it. There is no face to face interaction, no real human aspect to it. Thinking that you'll be able to get all the Christian fellowship you need here will hurt you; it will isolate you so much. Please don't do that to yourself.

So I would really encourage you to find some place, even if it's a youth group or some other church thing. That;s really important!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:40 pm
Thanks for the advice.  

Rochin Mall

Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas