View Results

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:43 am
I got this idea from Gaia Spirit Week. You know how everybody meets up in town & takes screenshots of them making shapes or spelling words that relate to the day? Well, I thought it'd be cool if we could get as many people from The Haven as possible to meet somewhere in town on July 14th and spell out HP or try to make a lightening bolt, snitch or whatever else & take screenshots to put on The Haven! Then, maybe we could go parading around towns with our awesome HP avis & spread the joy of Harry Potter & The Haven. I think it'd be a fun way to bring The Haven together outside of the guild!

Lag may be a problem for some when it gets too crowded, but in the name of Harry Potter, I think we can manage!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:44 am
It'd be awesome! Though timezones might be a problem, if we get enough people we should be okay. I'll be on vacation, but I will be sure to do this if we can. smile I really hope we do, it'd look so cool biggrin  

SuzelovesJamesPotter

spazzy_nom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:40 am
i like that idea...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:10 pm
User Image
I will do it! And then we can have a house party like we did last year! I don't know how many of you were members last summer, but I had the idea to do a Haven House party, we did it at my gaia home.

Cy, you should post this idea in the Suggestions thread.
*cough* Join Dueling Club at the Haven *cough*

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 pm
User Image
I posted the idea in the suggestions thread (don't worry, I gave you full credit!) and asked about doing a house party.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:50 pm
ScottieBears MiaKitty
User Image
I posted the idea in the suggestions thread (don't worry, I gave you full credit!) and asked about doing a house party.

yes, I saw that you did when I was going to post it there. Thank you, I totally forgot about posting it in the suggestions thread!  

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:56 pm
User Image
It's cool. I think it's a really neat idea. I just wasn't sure when you were going to get on next and it's generally a good idea to post those kinds of things asap so the mods have plenty of time to think about it. Although none of them seem to get on very much, so they still might not see it in time... sweatdrop I think we need some new people added to the mods list, since none of them have been able to be active...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:48 pm
ScottieBears MiaKitty
User Image
It's cool. I think it's a really neat idea. I just wasn't sure when you were going to get on next and it's generally a good idea to post those kinds of things asap so the mods have plenty of time to think about it. Although none of them seem to get on very much, so they still might not see it in time... sweatdrop I think we need some new people added to the mods list, since none of them have been able to be active...

Well, if none of the mods see it, we can always just round up as many people from the Haven as possible & do it on our own.
I'm still not sure of a time though. sweatdrop  

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:10 pm
User Image
Yeah... wait! I have an idea. We should first figure out how many avys it will take. The we send an invitation out to some of the Haven's active members. And people should dress for their house, or in the HP items.

So, we need to pick a shape so that we can determine how many people we will need. And we should pick one of the simple ones so that we don't need as many people. I think that the HP or the lightening bolt are our best bet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:37 pm
ScottieBears MiaKitty
User Image
Yeah... wait! I have an idea. We should first figure out how many avys it will take. The we send an invitation out to some of the Haven's active members. And people should dress for their house, or in the HP items.

So, we need to pick a shape so that we can determine how many people we will need. And we should pick one of the simple ones so that we don't need as many people. I think that the HP or the lightening bolt are our best bet.

That sounds like a good plan. Let's go for it!
I'm no good at deciding so...let's do both HP and the lightening bolt!  

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:21 pm
User Image
Well the only problem with that is that we can probably do the lightening bolt with less people....

Although that depends on if we just do a line or if we do a full lightening bolt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 am
Since the 14th didn't work out...how about the 20th? the day before the 7th book came out? I'd say the 21st but I'm going to a concert & I don't want to miss out of a Harry Potter town party!  

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

vElvET pUPpet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:59 am
Ooh, I'm game. The 20th is on Monday, right?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:15 pm
User Image
The 20th works for me! This sounds pretty awesome. =D
User Image

Angels_can_fly2

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:15 pm
vElvET pUPpet
Ooh, I'm game. The 20th is on Monday, right?

Yes, it is!  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces