Submit

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:53 am
I was just wondering what everybody thinks of these new Harry Potter items on Gaia?

I don't like the Harry Potter wand, it's too small, I prefer the wizard's wand. The snitch is pretty cool though, I really like it.

I wish they had made better items though. I was really hoping for house scarves & ties or house robes. I thought for sure this would be our chance to get them, but apparently not. I guess we can only hope either the release of the DVD or the 7th movie will bring Gaia some house scarves!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:28 am
I totally agree! I would love to have House scarves and stuff. We should file a complaint smile .

The wand's alright, but I do prefer the wizard's wand myself...but as of now, I have 4 Snitches and 3 wands, or something like that.  

Flarityxx18

II cali II

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:33 am
I couldn't agree more. The snitch I really enjoy. I wish they made robes it would of been really cool.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:57 am
The wand is okay I guess. I'll take what I can get. The snitch is pretty cool too. I REALLY want the scarves though. The robes would be awesome, but I want the scarves first. smile Hehe. That's what I've been hoping. DH part 1 come out next year so maybe we'll get them then! biggrin  

SuzelovesJamesPotter

meatballhead15

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:20 pm
In defense of the Harry Potter Wand:

It seems that there is an overwhelming majority that prefers the pre-existing "Wizard's Wand". Aaaaand, guess what? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that biggrin .

However, I am glad that we have a choice of wands. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but for each wand there's much to consider: length, the material it's constructed from, and the magical core. For everyone to have the same wand... is a bit monotonous. At least this way, we will have a visual representation of different wands; not as varied as the HP universe, but still far better than each of our avatars equipping identical ones.

As far as the snitches go, they are cute, but far too easy to get. On my main account, I clicked one without logging in. On the "click here to return" it simply refreshed the page and I quickly maxxed out the three snitches and paltry gold amount offered.

Here's what gets me about the robes: Gaia HAS MADE at least one hogwarts robe (it appears to be gryffindor). It is equipped on their NPC "hogwarts student". It's not even a matter of MAKING The item at this point, but releasing it (Preferrably with four different colours of lining). If anyone takes the initiative to make a petition, be sure to let us know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:11 pm
I love wands! I have the wizard's, magician's, and fairy wand, so adding Harry's to the collection was nice. smile

The Snitch is so cute; I heart it!

I think the only other Gaian HP item is the "scar of hero."

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

meatballhead15

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:17 pm
Minerva the Bookwyrm
I love wands! I have the wizard's, magician's, and fairy wand, so adding Harry's to the collection was nice. smile

The Snitch is so cute; I heart it!

I think the only other Gaian HP item is the "scar of hero."

Ah, correct you are. However the "Scar of Hero" is only useful if you're going for a cosplay of Harry, or "The Chosen One" himself. (Unless you managed to survive the unforgiveable Avera Kadavera curse, in which case I would very much like to hear your story!)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:39 am
I think they are all really cute and really it's about time we get some HP items. I can't wait for robes and I would love an owl plushie!!

gina787

meatballhead15

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:52 am
I remain rather annoyed that they're holding out on the robes. I can only hope they're maybe saving them as a promotion prize item for the DVD release of the HBP.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:04 am
They actually have robes?! gonk
Why must they do this to us?!  

Flarityxx18

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:01 am
Our dream has come true...check the MP for Harry potter's House Robes!
I must say, I dig the robes and even though I'm a Gryffindor, I do wish the other house robes were available too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:36 am
I love we are getting more items. Scarf next please gaia smile .  

SuzelovesJamesPotter

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:06 am
I just used all of Gaia's HP items to perfect my hogwarts student avi!
I am so happy! This is the best avi I've made!

And I agree, scarves next! Please, Gaia?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:23 pm
User Image
I think that we should, as a guild, start and sign a petition for more items. Scarves, robes for all houses. maybe a Quaffle and a some Bludgers and Beater's bats? And broomsticks! That's the one I want, I want a Firebolt! Prefect badges! It goes on and on! The number of things they could do know no bounds!

O.O I know what I want them to make.

For the Sonic game, they made a little Sonic, right?

I want a Dobby.

OhmiGod OhmiGod OhmiGod
*cough* Join Dueling Club at the Haven *cough*

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

EvelynPrince

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:50 pm
I think it's cool that we have some real Harry Potter items... but it could have been, well... more because now everybody is wearing Gryffindor robes and a snitch and a wand^^ I mean, I'm actually a Slytherin^^
Sorry just kidding, all I wanted to say is that I would have been glad if there had been other house robes and other items, like a timeturner, a firebolt etcetera etcetera^^  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff