I pray
  I put on music
  I read the Bible
  I eat Chicken
  I distract myself(with something good)
View Results

Fighter4Christ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:10 pm
(whew been a while since i been around here) I understand if we resist Satan he will flee from us. but Its soo hard to resist! What do you do when Satan tempts you to do something you know is wrong, but you still want to do it?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:39 pm
Well, I read the bible, but I think the best thing to do is pray. When we praise and worship God, Satan flees. He can't stand it when he has lost. And that's what we want, we want Satan to lose. Remember, with God, anything is possible; Joshua and the other Jews brought down the walls of Jericho just by marching around it.  

Curium

[~Fluffy Kadaj~]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:47 am
i look for scriptures that tell me that what i'm tempted to do is wrong... this is because the way that Jesus resisted the devil was by quoting scriptures as a reminder to satan of God's standards (the temptation of Jesus is found in Matthew 4).  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:09 pm
I pray for guidance and tell the devil to back off.

IceRabbit2, I've edited your post. Please read Rule #4 as soon as you get a chance.

Thanks, Grayed

The Flying Tomato Fan

Noctis_Crucis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:20 pm
Fighter4Christ
(whew been a while since i been around here) I understand if we resist Satan he will flee from us. but Its soo hard to resist! What do you do when Satan tempts you to do something you know is wrong, but you still want to do it?

I am sick of Satan. He is everywhere, so whenever I am tempted by the Devil, I always think severely, "God is the only way. He is so much better than the Devil so why should I listen to the Devil? There is no point!!!!" I know, it sounds phsycotic, but it is merely just my way of getting out of Satan's traps. And whenever I'm around tempts and sin, I always refer to God and Jesus. I know they are my Light and Way, and they get me out of all of the dread and temptation.

So my advice: Whenever you feel tempted by the Devil, think of all of the things God and Jesus did for you and let God's grace fill up inside of you, demolishing all of Satan's dirt from your thoughts. It may take some practice and getting used to, but all-in-all, you will be proud of yourself for overcoming the temptation. biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:23 pm
Fighter4Christ

well you do what helps YOU get through it. its not the same for everybody. i personaly ignore him then pray to God later to leave (this usually requires me to think about the subject deeply so i do this on some free time). now maybe for you praying immidently is better, or maybe think about concequinces or whatever. a lot of this comes from trial and error, unfortunetly, but if you really want to resist Satan, you will find a way that helps you perfectly.  

Seority

Pandemasu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:33 pm
Keep in mind. Whether or whether not you believe in Satin. Satin believes in you.

He is constantly tempting us, trying to make us mess up. Pray to God to help you resist Satan. When you were saved, you were reborn. You no longer need sin.

Before you do something, ask youself. WWJD? [What Would Jesus Do] It's very simple and easy to remember. Now reverse it to DJWW [Devil Just Won't Win] this is also rather simple and very easy to remember.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:03 am
as an extremely audio inclined person, whenever i am having troubling times or am being tempted by the devil, i turn on music. in these times i especially focus on christian instrumentals (Micheal W. Smith has an excellent one out called Freedom, i think) or worship, especially delirious, and one of my all time favorites, jars of clay. if you are audio inclined as well, PST and i can give you a lot more music that is absolutely amazing, or if you have some good stuff i'd love to hear that too smile  

HinckeyBoy4JC

Akkarine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:03 pm
Whenever I'm tempted but Satan I just have a quick 30 second prayer. I fill my life with 30 second prayers and I think its a good habit to make. If we seek stregnth from God during our times of need he will surely give it and help us defeat the temptation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:14 am
The Bible says "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these, Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance."

In these verses in the Bible we find a list of sins that are called the "works of the flesh" followed by a list of virtues called the fruit of the Spirit.

The flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; because they are opposite to each other.

After a Christian experiences the "new birth," he is a new creature; however, he finds he still has the problem of walking in the flesh instead of the Spirit. To maintain a walk in the Spirit one must totally dedicate his life to God and continually choose the path of Spirit. The "flesh" of man is under Satan's dominion as it is part of the old Adamic nature.

Whenever I actually believe I am literally being tempted by a major sin; I read the Bible. I sometimes also pray.  

RatTurd

Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff