I'm impressed.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:19 pm
I leave for awhile, checking in only occasionally, and what do I come back to?

Scams and viruses! And all of it is centered around Gaia's greed.

Wonderful job. I mean really, this is just fantastic. Thanks for the laugh.
To be honest, I'm ashamed that it's gotten this bad. I saw it coming, but there was still that tiny glimmer of hope in the back of my mind. And it has been officially and completely squashed.

I was going to post about it in SF but there's really no point. They aren't going to stop no matter what anyone says or does.

When Gaia was bought out, Gaia died. That's all there is to it. Under new management it was destroyed. When someone tells me something new about Gaia, the only thing I hear is something negative. That's horrible.

I leave, not checking for weeks at a time, and come in to see announcements about nothing but cash related things.

This place has gone downhill and is currently snowballing into a cesspit of greed and upset users.

*sigh* I'm sorry s**t turned out this way guys. I feel sorry for anyone that paid for this site, whether it was recently or years ago. I feel even more sorry for someone that was wronged in one way or another. And I'm even more sorry that my best efforts weren't enough.

But hey, if you're still happy with Gaia, disregard that. I, on the other hand, am not. And I don't even consider myself a user here anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:45 pm
It's sad. Sad beyond belief. If it weren't for the fact that I have too many friends, time, and money invested in this place, I would probably leave too.

The scams and cash crap just.. I dunno. Depressing. Very depressing. Gaia "was" one of the few things I could still enjoy over the internet.. Now I don't know anymore.

and I find less and less people in the SF stepping up to defend Gaia, either. Only the hard-liners seem to be saying anything positive. And even then, most of them are merely ignorant.

*sigh* I'll cling on. It's almost not so much that I still have hope for Gaia...

It's that I don't have anything better to do anymore. sad  

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

Nanenna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:44 pm
I have to agree with Yamato: it's not that I want to stay it's that I have no where else to go. I still have friends here I have no where else, I still have yet to see a site with avatars I like even half as much as the ones here, and zOMG is the only MMO I've ever gotten anywhere in. I may just keep hanging out until Gaia becomes pay to play. Sad as I am to admit it I feel that that is, in fact, where things are leading.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:15 pm
I spend like 2/3rds of my internet time on here... The rest is just quickly checking facebook/myspace and e-mails... It's kinda heart wrenching to see the community you once loved get torn up and mutilated into this ugly greedy monster that it is now...
I too have invested way too much into this site. Which saddens me further...~~; I don't have much hope that Gaia will start listening to it's users... But I do hope it doesn't get much worse. The sponsorship crap is just getting to be too much.
SF has just become a b***h fest it seems...And hardly any actual good posts bring forth evidence and major points like NK's. There's still a little good...But all I see is cussing and whining - on both sides.  

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:16 pm
There's a reason why I've been avoiding SF. I'm just lurking there. It's like a war in there. It's a shame that it's Gaia's actions making users act like this. Who'da thought it would come down to things like this. Overall though, I'm speechless. I didn't think it was possible to completely screw up things with good intentions behind them like Gaia does. X_X  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 pm
Yeah...And I thought RIGs were the worst thing ever...This...Unbelievably tops it.  

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:26 pm
I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many trojan filled scams up in there. But how is staff unable to tell that the downloadable ones, at least, are viruses. You think they'd be smart enough to know that.... *sadness*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:44 pm
Yamato1
It's sad. Sad beyond belief. If it weren't for the fact that I have too many friends, time, and money invested in this place, I would probably leave too.

The scams and cash crap just.. I dunno. Depressing. Very depressing. Gaia "was" one of the few things I could still enjoy over the internet.. Now I don't know anymore.

and I find less and less people in the SF stepping up to defend Gaia, either. Only the hard-liners seem to be saying anything positive. And even then, most of them are merely ignorant.

*sigh* I'll cling on. It's almost not so much that I still have hope for Gaia...

It's that I don't have anything better to do anymore. sad

I can understand that.

I didn't make a lot of friends here. There are people that I enjoy talking to in the forums but I never made a really deep connection with anyone...aside from the obvious, at least.

Maybe it would be even harder for me to hate Gaia and want to leave if I were attached to more things about this site. But I'm just not...they killed all of my favorite parts.

@Nanenna: I was going to wait until Gaia became pay to play too, but I just couldn't. It would have hurt way too much. That's one of the ultimate betrayals (another being this free halo and the trojans...)
You're right, though. Gaia has/had a lot of appeal and that comes mostly from the avatars for many people. No other site's avatars can compare, I think.

@Nissa chan: I hope it doesn't get any worse either but I know it will. Back in October it seemed like things couldn't get much worse. And after threads after threads of warnings and advice, it still did.
SF scares me now. xD

@Andromeda Phoenix: I remember years ago I got into some trouble over a thread in SF. That's when I really started to lose hope in the site, but it was pretty faint. But things went downhill from there. It used to be just complaining users vs. loyal users. Now that's magnified and it felt to me like it's complaining users vs. loyal users that complain when it suits them vs. mods vs. staff. There's so little community anymore, it seems. (But that's just my opinion. Since I haven't been around lately I can't really say.)  

[ .NK. ]
Captain

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:45 pm
Personally it feels more like a riot than forum for feedback. When users have to do the job that Gaia says it's not responsible for doing, when they really should be...Idk anymore. Last RIG was the final time I got really annoyed with this site. None of it is worth it anymore. Especially when that anger gets you so riled up that pain restricts you to bed rest. People on the site who disagree with Gaia's actions are too angry at Gaia, and those who support the site are too angry at those who disagree with Gaia's actions to get anything done. Then you have staff and mods trying to badly moderate and explain things and reasoning behind actions (save for a certain dev who's post history shows they just like getting people riled up and sucking up the glory of being liked ninja ). *cough* But anyway...,no one should be so angry on a site that's supposed to be relaxing and fun. But I truly doubt Gaia'll figure out how to put some changes forth that won't dig their grave even deeper. Especially with SF how it is now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:59 pm
One thing that appalls me about the way things are now is that no one gets to voice much of an opinion against Gaia on anything in the SF anymore without being mobbed by dozens of ignorant users and loyalists, and only a handful of support. It was almost even when I started voicing myself, but the tides have turned against us. What happened?  

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:02 pm
It's called people getting tired of seeing other people complaining, but instead of telling Gaia to compromise so Gaia can stop pissing users off, they've learned to not try 'cause they know Gaia doesn't listen so they're telling users who complain about Gaia instead. ninja At least, thinking about it that way makes me a touch happier. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:08 pm
I hardly ever did go to SF. I call it the bitchbox. Especially since there's no real constructive feedback since N.K. and a couple other's threads got deleted.
It's not so bad that everybody's against someone else on SF. What gets it bad is that you've got to make a damn GUILD to keep any kind of real site feedback and criticism up without the mods being able to do anything about it.
And even though this is a guild just for that purpose I highly doubt that any member of the staff or mods are looking at it, really (Any staff, mod, or dev, PLEASE prove me wrong if you're reading this now.). Honestly? Have you seen a member of any division of Gaia's staff set foot in here? At all? Without having to quote them from a public forum?

(Edit, I later add: It's my belief that they delete the threads, but leave the guilds alone so it's so not as many Gaians can actually SEE it, and agree with the shortcomings of Gaia, because guilds are more private.)

Chaos Blue

moonsmark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:23 pm
in truth, there is barely anyone in this guild. check our numbers to other guilds. i like you guys (for the most part lol) and i dont want to leave gaia but i do not like the way we are being treated. there are so many things broken on gaia, i wonder why they release new items all the freaking time. why cant they make better use of their time? fix some problems perhaps? nope, someones too greedy for that...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:25 am
I'm doing my best to keep enjoying the good things about Gaia. And there are good things here. This is a great community, and is a place where you can have a lot of fun.

But it's hard to keep ignoring the abusive corporate attitude that Gaia keeps displaying. The lack of communication, the lies, the "reasons" - it's too much. And it makes me sad - it really does. One day Lanzer is going to wake up to discover that Gaia's gone - that he sat back and allowed it to be killed by foolish, short sighted, greedy businessmen. Maybe he'll laugh, but I doubt it. Gaia was something special, but it's sold it's soul to the corporate store.  

Keiko Dreams

Let's Work Together, Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff