Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
Infertility?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiwisticks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:21 am
I Will Crawl On Hands And Knees Until You See...

Ok, let me start by saying that my body is utter crap. I'm sixteen, 5'4, 94lbs, have weak lungs, vocal cord dysfunction, asthma, bad allergies, am get sicker easier and for longer, sand funky periods. I've been having my period for five years now and never once has it been regular. Here lately I'm skipping months. No, I'm not pregnant (trust me, my boyfriend and I tested to make sure of that) but I've missed two or three months already. I am usually under an insane amount of stress, between Colour Guard and my father's suicide under a year ago. My periods (when I have them) are very, very painful and random. I get two or three weeks worth of cramps, then nothing. For the next few weeks I have no signs of whether or not I'm going to start. I know I'm probably worrying about nothing but I really would like to know: Are my periods being funky caused by stress or am I not going to be able to have children? My mom seems to think that because I have a weak body (put me out in heat and I'm passed out in under an hour, give me the common cold and I have it for two months) and am always stressed out that I can't have kids. On top of that, we have no insurance for me to see a doctor.
...You're Just Like Me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:46 pm
It's impossible for us to say for sure what's going on with your periods and whether or not you'll be able to have children. But there is a decent chance that your periods are wonky because of stress and your weight. 100 pounds is the average weight (more or less depending on your height and body type) that a woman has to be in order to have a normal period and carry a baby. So once things calm down and you put on a tad more weight, your periods might get a bit more regular.

But it certainly wouldn't hurt to talk to an ob-gyn about it. You don't need health insurance to do so. You can see an ob-gyn for little to no money at a clinic like Family Planning or Planned Parenthood.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

phantomcookies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:32 pm
My girlfreind has missed periods aswell, and she is not pregnsant since we have never had intercourse. She says she has 1 every 2 months, but it has been I think 3 months since she has mentioned her last period. She has had surgery for a serious case of scolliosis and lost feeling in her right inner thigh from it and is about 95 pounds and 5'1 in height, can you help me out so I can help her?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:36 pm
It sounds like your body is skipping periods due to stress and other events going on in your life. Unless you have a medical condition that has been known to potentially cause infertility, it wouldn't make much sense to assume you're infertile. In fact Preston Trelsly is the teen mother of an 8 month old (thereabouts) who got pregnant unexpectedly when she had thought she couldn't pregnant.

As Lorien said, Planned Parenthood can help you. And if you're that worried about getting pregnant, then you can do other things besides intercourse.  

Nikolita
Captain

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:26 pm
phantomcookies
My girlfreind has missed periods aswell, and she is not pregnsant since we have never had intercourse. She says she has 1 every 2 months, but it has been I think 3 months since she has mentioned her last period. She has had surgery for a serious case of scolliosis and lost feeling in her right inner thigh from it and is about 95 pounds and 5'1 in height, can you help me out so I can help her?

She'll have to talk to her doctor about it.  
Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games