[PRP - East] The Star Theory Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:53 pm
She felt him move closer, and her heart swelled again. What was this warmth that was coursing through her veins? It wasn't uncomfortable, just different, and something she was unused to. She was feeling strange and different, though. Like a part of her brain was being unlocked and released, that she hadn't known about before. It was both frightening and comfort, at the same time.

He understood her, and she smiled. Being understood was something she enjoyed, as often others didn't understand her. They ddn't understand why she ahd to constantly check her records, and why she was so devoted to the pride and her duties.

And then she felt herself leaning onto him, shifting her shoulder a little to make it more comfortable as she did so. Not fully leaning, for she didn't want to surprise him with her sudden weight, but an affectionate gesture. "I can understand why stories of stars and lifetimes would comfort some. As I grow older, I may myself be comforted - no-one likes to think their life worthless, be there records or not. The thought of being absorbed into a blakc nothingness can be frightening."

She shuffled her feet a little closer, leaning on him a little more. "...I find myself enjoying your company, Bai Bo."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:04 pm
He was surprised, but not enough to jolt away. He didn't really want to move so why let the surprise ruin it? He did, however, feel that awkward embarrassment start to make itself known, making words difficult. What on earth was wrong with him? They were only talking? There was nothing wrong with that!

Black nothingness.

Death wasn't a scary thought to Yen Ha. Not really. Yes, he'd be annoyed if he ended up dying before he'd found the answers to his theories or before he'd proved himself. But, if all in all he'd completed his goals, there was nothing really to worry about. He didn't really take into consideration that he might not die of old age and that a million other things could befall him.

Then she moved closer and he felt his mind cease up again. "Oh, well, uh. Thanks." He cursed at himself for sounding uncomfortable. "I mean, well, you're the first person ever to say that to me. Most people find me..." He trailed, trying to think of the right word. Insufferable came to mind, but he wasn't about to say that.

No. Change the subject.

"I enjoy your company too. It's...different from what I'm used to."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:10 pm
There was a pause, and she wondered if she'd surprised him. Scared him, perhaps? She hadn't meant to, but she'd come to learn now that she tended to have that effect on others without meaning to. It was...upsetting, but couldn't be helped. She was who she was, and she wasn't planning to change.

And then he spoke, in a somewhat awkward manner. Confusion crossed her face as she continued facing forwards for several moments, before finally looking up as he trailed off, and changed the subject. She was to observant a female to miss it. "I'm pleased that you enjoy mine also - clearly we compliment each other."

Another pause - Kumbuka seemed to pause quite often. "Before...most people find you? Whatever it was, I assume it was bad. And I assure you, that isn't the case with me. I find you an interesting and intellectual creature, and I would be honored to spend more time with you in the future." She spoke, speaking the truth. And although she was speaking the truth, there was something else behind her words - the foreign feeling of wanting to cheer someone up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:18 pm
They complimented one another? Yes, he supposed they did. After all, they'd been able to talk without arguing with one another - except for their first meeting, of course. He nodded, not able to help a small smile drifting onto his face.

And then....ugh, the change of subject had not gone unnoticed. He'd have to remember she was the observant type. He'd not be able to get much - if anything at all - past her. "You assume correctly." He admitted, somewhat uncomfortably. "But that doesn't matter anymore. That is past, this is future. What matters is here now."

Honoured to spend time with him? His heart did a happy little flip and before he could stop himself a rumbling purr vibrated at his throat. "Thank you." He certainly was feeling cheerier.

His heart felt so different this evening.

"Qī Wàng, I..." He paused, unsure what he was about to say and yet secretly knowing it as well. His face heated and, with a small cough, he continued quickly, hoping she wouldn't notice. "Shall I walk you home?"

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:09 am
He seemed uncomfortable as he admitted to his mistake, and Kumbuka smiled once more. His uncomfortable tone and stance amused her slightly, although at the same time saddened her. She didn't want others to feel uncomfortable around her. Twitching her nose, she nodded - a statement she completely agreed with. What had happened was in the past, and the future was what they must concentrate on.

The purr brought about the largest smile so far on Kumbuka's maw, as she leaned her head down to rest it on Yen Ha's shoulder. This...this was nice. Perhaps this was what others talked about, with confiding in someone? With caring about someone? It was the first time Kumbuka found herself truly caring about what someone else thought, other than herself. And the first time that she worried if she'd offended or upset someone, or made them feel uncomfortable. It was a weakness she was developing...but, strangely enough, she didn't mind.

She did notice his small pause, and quickened pace as he strived to complete the sentence. Walk her home? That...was not something she'd been asked before. A warm smile graced her maw as she turned to him, giving a small nod. "I would love if you would, Bai Bo. Thank You."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:58 am
She looked wonderful with a smile. In fact, it transformed her face. Made her beautiful, he realised. He smiled back, finding it contagious. Then she leaned down and rested her head upon his shoulder.

His heart gave another funny lurch, sending shivers along his spine. The hair on his hackles twitched but he made no other movement. What was happening to him? Before arriving here he would have lashed out at anyone who dared touch him. But now...now he could only think of how perfect it could be if this moment would last forever.

But he'd already offered to take her home and she accepted it with a nod. He smiled, sort of awkwardly, and, unwillingly, rose onto all fours.

Well, all good things had to come to an end at some point.

He gave a sort of growling purr and gave her a gentle nudge with the end of his snout.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:16 pm
He smiled back - she liked it when he smiled. It lit up his face and his eyes, and he looked...no, what was she thinking! She couldn't get distracted like this! Her work was far more important than...Frowning a little to herself, Kumbuka instantly recalled a conversation she'd had with the Lord. He'd mentioned how some things were more important than the records - and how she'd learn soon enough, when she'd expressed her confusion. Was this what he'd been talking about? Because right now, she wanted Bai Bo to smile again - she wanted him to be happy. Because, in a strange way, it made her happy too.

He stood, and she followed suit, growling softly under her breath as her stiff muscles strained under her sudden weight. Crouching and rising again to loosen them up, she blinked, taken slightly by surprise as the male nudged her, sending her toppling to the side a little. She froze for a moment, unsure of what she should do. But then...a feeling rose in her chest. And she giggled.

Kumbuka, the Tianxia East House's devoted Historian, was giggling.

And she couldn't seem to stop, the giggles rising into full peals of laughteras she was forced to sit back down to prevent herself from falling over. This feeling - a feeling of joy and elation. She wanted to experience more of it, and found herself saddened as it came to an end, the lionness reaching up a paw to wipe a tear from the corner of her eye. Instantly feeling her cheeks flush red in embarrassment, she cleared her throat, standing once again.

"I...I apologise, Bai Bo. That was...most unlike me."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:55 pm
He watched the change of expressions take place on her face and found it...what..? Endearing, maybe? Yes, that was a good word to use. And then she was giggling and he felt his face heat up. Why was she laughing? Had he done something funny? A sort of awkwardness fell about his expression, leaving him somewhat bewildered and unable to say anything for a moment.

And then she was blushing, wiping a tear from the corner of his eye and he felt the tickle of another purr at the back of his throat.

"Don't apologise. I've not heard you laugh before. Nor seen you smile. It suits you. Try and do it more, okay?" He cleared his throat and tipped his head in the direction of home. "Ready?" And he shifted his weight, seeming somewhat embarrassed, eager to go and yet hesitant to at the same time.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:04 pm
Dont apologise? Kumbuka watched the male with a look of mild confusion, cocking her head to the left. What a strange boy he was - he liked her laugh? And her smile? The idea that anyone liked something so trivial was a new experience for the female. But...she wanted to please him. Softening her expression, Kumbuka smiled once more, a litle fake at first before it flattened into an honest, sincere smile. And it felt nice.

"Alright then, Bai Bo. I'll try," she replied, the smile on her face as he tipped his head, Kumbuka taking a step in that direction, preparing to walk alongside him. What a strange male he was, though - she couldn't quite seem to read him at the moment. He seemed hesitant, which worried her, but at the same time comfortable. Eager to leave, yet with wishful thoughts of remaining there for a little longer. Almost like Kumbuka herself - she felt that she should be hesitant, and should be eager to leave. That was her nature - that was her, Kumbuka, Qī Wàng.

But then the strange feeling in her chest told her to be comfortable and enjoy the moment. Try to stay here, like this with Bai Bo for a little longer. Her heart versus her head. And it seemed like her heart was winning, as Kumbuka leaned a little closer to Bai Bo as she walked.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:33 pm
He felt that odd fluttering in his chest again as she stepped close and battled to think of something to say. Her den was not too far away but far enough away that walking the entire distance would be awkward.

He tipped his head and glanced at her, shyly perhaps. "Qī Wàng." He didn't seem to have spoken her name for any particular reason. And then he continued. "What does your pride name mean? If it's...if it's okay to ask, that is."

He wondered too, what her other name meant. What was it again? Kumbuka? He walked at her side, as close as he could without getting his paws tangled in hers.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:03 pm
She smiled a little to herself, chuckling inwardly. She hoped that this awkwardness ended soon, although she did have to admit that she was used to it. Everyone seemed to be awkward around her...she suddenly realized that it was lonely, being awkward. He spoke at last, though, and her attention was drawn to him, eyes wide and expectant. He'd spoken her name, but then didn't follow it up, causing her to frown in confusion.

Ahh...her pride name? Kumbuka smiled again, glancing to the ground, watching her paws as the pair walked. She knew the meaning - it was one she'd kept dear to her heart, always grateful to the Lord for suggesting it. "It's fine, Bai Bo. It means 'expectation', a meaning which I hold dear." She spoke softly, glancing up to him as she did with bright, eager eyes, "And how about your name? Does it have a meaning?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:02 am
Expectation. Yes, it suited her. She had high expectations of everyone, including herself. It was something to be admired and he nodded, smiling a little.

"My pride name, Bai Bo, means White Wave." It didnt hold much meaning other than that he was white. He supposed his personality culd be a little like a wave, too. Gentle at times, fierce at others. He tipped an ear.

"My old name. The name my mother gave me. It means Smoke floating about a river." He blinked. It hadn't held much meaning either. But the name Yen Ha still remained close to his heart. He would never part with it because it held with it memories of the past.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:52 pm
White Wave? Ah, it did have some sense. He was predominantly white in colour, after all. But she could see another meaning - one that was perhaps hidden from the others. He was like a wave in the sea - sometimes gentle and calm, whilst at other times furious and untameable. She hadn't seen the full extent of his fury, but she knew it was there - she'd seen a hint of it the first time they'd met.

Smoke floating above a river? What a strange name. She smiled - it suited him, in a strange way. "It suits you, Bai Bo. However, I prefer your pride name, if I might say so?"

She came to a stop in her walk as they reached her den, smiling widely at him. "I thank you for your company, Bai Bo."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:51 am
He nodded, agreeing with her. He liked both names but his pride name was who he was now. His future.

And then, sadly, they reached the entrance of her den and he hesitated, hovering at her side, lifting his eyes to look into that pretty face. Pretty? Yes, it was pretty, even if he'd never fully allowed himself to think so.

"No problem." He replied. "I'm glad we bumped into one another." He paused and gathered himself to take his leave. It was no easy thing. "Sleep well, Qī Wàng." And, slowly, he turned away and moved towards his own den.

His heart ached.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:19 pm
She noticed his hesitation, and flashed him a bright, reassuring smile. She was going to miss his company. She'd be seeing him again, no doubt, but she couldn't help but hope that it was sooner rather than later. It was a strange feeling - her heart felt like it should escape from her chest, it was beating so hard. But she kept her composure cool, just smiling widely.

"Me also, Bai Bo. Have a good night."

She watched him depart, before turning to retire to her own den.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff