Reply Advice
For those with problems.....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Killer Mosquito

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:06 am
Ok, I've seen lotsa people asking for prayer and advice on problems they are having. I am not trying to say suck it up, I am trying to give you hope and insight as to why things aren't as bad as they seem.

Ok, Peter was in a boat. Jesus was on water. After some talk, Jesus commanded Peter to walk to him (on the water). He trusted in Jesus, and guess what? HE DIDN'T FALL. It was him and Jesus on water. He trusted that Jesus wouldn't fail him, that he wouldn't lie to him, and his weight was carried by the water. But, a gust of wind came. This gust of wind came and Peter took his eyes OFF of JESUS and started to FOCUS on the PROBLEM. It was then that he started to fall into the lake. For a moment, he lost trust in Jesus. He was scared of the wind, and then he began to sink.

Ok, the way I look at it. Any time you are going through trouble, you are walking on water. If you could only keep your eyes on Jesus......Don't just convince yourself, BELIEVE.

Psalms 27 says:
The lord is my light and salvation
Whom shall I fear?
The lord is the strength of my life
Of Whom shall I be afraid?
Though my enemies camp against me
The will be defeated and fall on their face
If war breaks out
I will trust the lord.

This was written by David. A man after God's own heart. He was VERY close to God. The Psalms aren't just a bunch of songs, but more like communion with God. David was King of Isreal. But, it wasn't always like that. He had to overcome a LOT to get to where he got. His friend turned on him for no reason other than jelousy (Saul). Jonathan (his best friend) was killed in a war Saul started. His own family, more or less, thought NOTHING of him. He had nothing but God. No matter what happened, he knew God would be there for him.

Golaith threatened Isreal, shouting curses at God. David not only killed him, but he was confident. He was asking "Who does this man think he is?" He was ABSOLUTELY confident that there wasn't a problem God couldn't handle.

2 Cor 4: 8-9 says:
We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give up hope of living.

What ever it is, it's nothing God can't handle.....

Hope this helps  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:35 pm
Though your intentions are noble and good, those of us who are not lead by faith alone need people to talk to who will respond back. Some of us need a comforting voice, not silence. Don't get me wrong, I try to not focus on problems but I do sometimes. Everyone does. Its human nature. I just need more than faith some days, faith is not gonna give you everything needed at this time.  

Ricette

Gamslayer

Quotable Gawker

4,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:49 pm
Ricette
Though your intentions are noble and good, those of us who are not lead by faith alone need people to talk to who will respond back. Some of us need a comforting voice, not silence. Don't get me wrong, I try to not focus on problems but I do sometimes. Everyone does. Its human nature. I just need more than faith some days, faith is not gonna give you everything needed at this time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:22 pm
Ricette

in a way im kinda with her. someime we as human beings need a voice and a hand or shoulder to cry on and to comfort us. i say this thru major expeiriance.its human nature to sometimes loose faith as peter did you sed it yourself and he was thr with Jesus. so yuo cant really blame us for or nature. i had an expeiriance with an abusive step father and no one it seemed really cared and to a young child and a young teen it is normal human nature in a way to loose your faith sometimes and i did i did it bad too. i was just days from suicide when the person i least expected to help me showed me the light that someone out thr really did care it was my english teacher the teacher i hated most at the time.he told my mom i wasnt in school and he was concerned for me. it was then that i realized that that someone did care and then when i went back to school i realized that I did have friends it was something i thought i would and never did have and it was then that i realized as it sez in my sig " God will never give you more than you can handle." yes even now i still forget that at times but some one on here pointed that out to me the other day she told me to look at my sig for my answer and i realized that i had forgotten the most im portant thing " that God loves me and all of us and he will never give us too much. this is a message to all that goes with what both of you have stated.  

Mystic_moon15

zeroshi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:44 pm
Well, God is the main...God that one needs to lean on. Friends and family (whether church or direct) are the ones that make sure that you're looking his way, in my opinion. They kind of help you out to look in the right direction and cheer you on just the same as we should do unto them! I'm sorry if i'm wrong but that's just my opinion.  
Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games