Reply The Official Sugisaki Guild!
Lagoon Engine Einsatz! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaitou Daaku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:34 pm
With the release of Yukiru Sugisaki's newest manga "Lagoon Engine Einsatz" into the U.S. Its only fitting to see that this new creation has its own home in our beloved guild. 3nodding

Heres a bit of background info on the story: (Taken from an article inside NewtypeUSA magazine November 2005 issue [This article can also be found typed out in the Newtype USA thread]) This is ment to help clear up the confusion because it was difficult for even me to understand was was going on. sweatdrop

Lagoon Engine Einsatz:
Origonally released as a serial within the pages of NewtypeUSA, all the chapters of Lagoon Engine Einsatz have been collected into a single volume with the closing of the series. (KN: I think this means its only one volume ) Inside its pages lies the nation of Lagoonaria, a lushly illustrated floating kingdom protected by the power of "The Ring", a gift from their namesake god. Gods run rampant in this world... or at least, they used to. Enamored with their creation, the gods decided to join the people on the land and teach them to exist in peace. However, the celebration came at a great price: The gods were unable to leave. They slowly fell into a deep sleep, and civilization eventually evolved around them. Not all aspects of the gods are sleeping, however. With any good fantasy story, the world of lagoonaria is on the verge of unrest. People are being implanted with the "Grace" of the gods, causing them to mutate into abominations, humans with some of the power and memories of the Aincient Gods. Bummer! At the forefront of Einsatz is Lagoonaria's hero Sakis, a 13 year old known as the Blue Scion who has the ability to kill these abominations with the Godworth Lagoonverse (KN: dont ask me, i have no idea. ) In an interesting twist, all the people of Lagoonaria are born female, only to choose their gender later in life. Sakis is destened to one day become a man and eventually reign as lagoonaria's king... as if puberty wasnt hard enough! Einsatz is a crisply crafted manga by renowned artist Yukiru Sugisaki (D.N.Angel). While the action can be dizzying at times, it never detracts from the story being told. (KN: Riiiiight) And if the final pages of the tale are of any indication, it's worth following.

and here are a few photos...
This is the cover of NewtypeUSA Febuary 2005 issue
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well thats enough for now... lets hope these dont stretch the page! *crosses fingers*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:34 am
I think there being only one volume is awesome and somewhat sad at the same time.

Awesome, because I won't have to buy tons of volumes, costing me plenty of money in the process.

Yet sad, because.. It's just one volume. X_x

Er, yeah.

-[ S n o o k i e ]-
Captain

Hyuuga Yoshimi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:22 pm
Sounds interesting. Very interesting in fact.

I wanna read it. XD So, it's avaliable now, right? I should try to find it the next time I'm at the bookstore. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:09 pm
Riku Hirada

I wanna read it. XD So, it's avaliable now, right? I should try to find it the next time I'm at the bookstore. 3nodding

Have you read any of the Newtype inserts?

It was interesting, yet confusing at the same time. xp

-[ S n o o k i e ]-
Captain

Belladona Nightshade

Friendly Gaian

12,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:40 am
I have that NewType and I think the one for March. So there's only one huh? That's a shame. The concepts seemed rather interesting. smile

And everyone's born FEMALE! Ahhh! Now I understand what Sakis' father meant by: You will cease to be a woman.. and become a man!

I thought it was just a bad translation! lol. Wow... imagine knowing someone your entire life then suddenly they change gender and you get the hots for them? That's just... well... umm... 'special' I guess. It's kinda like learning you were gay all along... sort of.. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:01 pm
Dranc Sanura
Riku Hirada

Have you read any of the Newtype inserts?

It was interesting, yet confusing at the same time. xp

3nodding I have. But I drew a blank the whole time I was reading it. I only own two Newtype USA issues but I don't remember which one it was in. xX I've probably read two inserts though.

Hee. Definitely wanna read it. whee  

Hyuuga Yoshimi

AmayaKahoru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:34 pm
Sounds cool, but pretty confusing... AHHHHHHH!!!!! there is TOO many books out that I want to read!!! scream
well.... w/e, I'll have to get it as soon as possible
Oh and the thing about everyone being born Female and then later choosing a gendre.....interesting, I agree with Belladona, that's 'special'.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:39 pm
AmayaKahoru
Sounds cool, but pretty confusing... AHHHHHHH!!!!! there is TOO many books out that I want to read!!! scream
well.... w/e, I'll have to get it as soon as possible
Oh and the thing about everyone being born Female and then later choosing a gendre.....interesting, I agree with Belladona, that's 'special'.

Maybe it'll all make sense after reading the whole thing? 3nodding

If there's actually a finish. xp

-[ S n o o k i e ]-
Captain

cuffedCatboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:16 am
it's 'Einsatz'
not einstatz.. ^^'
because its a german word.. though I dont know how to translate it.. x_x

I hope I soon get to read the manga.. it sounds very interesting.. x3  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:22 pm
Oooohhh! I just got the manga the other day! It was awesome! But...there was a cliffhanger i'm afraid. crying

Did you guys know that Einsatz was first released in Newtype USA before anywhere else? That's right! It was made with Americans in mind. 3nodding At least...that's what I read in the Feb 05 issue. whee Very cool.  

Dark_angel_dragon

Dark_angel_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:24 pm
cuffedCatboy
it's 'Einsatz'
not einstatz.. ^^'

I think that Kaitou made a little typo. xd It happens. But it can be easily fixed.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:33 pm
Dark_angel_dragon
cuffedCatboy
it's 'Einsatz'
not einstatz.. ^^'

I think that Kaitou made a little typo. xd It happens. But it can be easily fixed.
Yeah i fixed it. I suck at typing. thank gaia for the editing abilities  

Kaitou Daaku

Dark_angel_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:54 pm
Kaitou Daaku
Dark_angel_dragon
cuffedCatboy
it's 'Einsatz'
not einstatz.. ^^'

Yeah i fixed it. I suck at typing. thank gaia for the editing abilities
Yes. whee I read what the meaning of the word "Einsatz" means.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:23 pm
dark_angel_dragon

what does it mean???

I just got the book recently and heart it, however it does end on a cliffhanger sad and I can't figure out if a second is going to come out (there had better be another!!!! scream lol), if anyone finds out could ya let me know?

..such a great book xd

AmayaKahoru

Kaitou Daaku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:41 pm
AmayaKahoru
dark_angel_dragon

what does it mean???

I just got the book recently and heart it, however it does end on a cliffhanger sad and I can't figure out if a second is going to come out (there had better be another!!!! scream lol), if anyone finds out could ya let me know?

..such a great book xd
I heard that theres only gonna be one sad . I could be wrong though... i havnt read the whole thing, only what ive seen in my Newtype inserts... its confuzzleing @_@.  
The Official Sugisaki Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff