Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
The Great Mythical Magical Monster (Game) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the time lenght for describing the animal be longer?
No It's fine.
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
Two Weeks
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Three Weeks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A Month
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

KatieInTheBox

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:50 am
This game is should be easy. We will start every week off with a normal animal. I will post in big bold letters the new animal every week. Now we will take this normal animal and make them magical and mythical. After the first post for the week, you can add any appendage, growth, color, covering, or power to that animal. Example:

First Post: ANIMAL OF THE WEEK PLATYPUS

Next post:
This animal may look like a platypus but it's purple.

Post after that:
This Platypus is purple with yellow spots.

And so on from there, until at the end of the week we have a completely different mythical or magical animal. Have fun with it. The last person that posts for the week will be given the opportunity to name the animal and make a little blurb about how it was discovered, if they rather not then I will do it or any volunteer can. When finished I will post the whole description up on the front page for everyone's amusement.

I only ask that you:
1. Limit to one change per post.
2. You can't undo some else change, you may add to it but not get rid of it.
3. Nothing inappropriate please.
4. Only post twice a week.

The animal of the week...

Caterpillar

Last Weeks Animal: Elephant
(Thanks to Gine787 for naming this creature and creating a RP about it!)

A five inch tall blue elephant with silver tusks, a lion's tale, tadpole-sized ears, wings of a bat, with over-grown yellow toe nails, and has blue, green, yellow, and red stars all over the body, in a checkerboard pattern on the tongue.

The Quibbler has just reported the finding of a new magical creature!! This creature closely resembles what muggles call an "elephant" except that it is five inches tall. The last sighting of the Star Spangled Miniphant was in Sweden where it is thought to originate from. Wizards beware! This creature sports silver tusks (would sound dangerous if he wasn't 5 inches tall), a lion's tale and bat wings. It has tadpole-sized ears and has over-grown yellow toe nails. Doesn't sound very pretty, I know BUT it does have blue, green, yellow and red stars all over its tiny body so that's sort of cute, right? We are unsure if it is a threat to wizards so approach with care.

Second Weeks Animal: HORSE (Naming and RP of the Animal up for grabs. If you think of a name or rp for finding it let me know.)

First Weeks Animal Weeks Animal:
(Thanks to all who helped create it and to Gray Gardens for naming and RPing it's finding.)
Tsukikowerewolf
Grey Gardens
Today is has been reported that a new mythical creature has been found on the outskirts of London! We have been told that it's name is the "Purple Puss Mouse". Not a very appetizing name, is it!? The description of this poor creature has large green lumps, all over it's body! It has what looks like moth eaten wings and purple ears the size of quarters. It has one yellow and one red eye along with large sabertooth-like teeth. We've also been told that is has a barbed tail and is missing one of it's toes...

We've also been told to warn anyone who may run into one of these animals as they maybe dangerous! Also, it is now illegal to kill one of these mouses since they are so new and rare.

That's it for your news!

After extensive research on the wearabouts of this strange creature, I was lucky enough to discover a perfect specimen! Though you cannot see its barbed tail in the photograph, note the faint outline of its moth-eaten wings and the heterochromia mentioned above. Somehow, this creature seemed to confuse my camera, for the picture came out in a nearly cartoon-ish fashion! How odd! I do hope you don't mind my posting this finding.

User Image

Sincerely,

~Tsukiko~

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:31 am
The mouse has large green lumps all over its body.  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

KatieInTheBox

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:32 am
Grey Gardens
The mouse has large green lumps all over its body.
The mouse is not only lumpy and green but it's purple ears are the size of quarters.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:05 pm
This mouse also has wings!

gina787

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:12 am
But the wings on this mouse look almost moth eaten and dirty.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:40 pm
The mouse also had teeth like a sabretooth tiger!  

hilaryparkers

Distinct Survivor

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

turayza

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:11 pm
User Image

The lumpy green mouse with purple ears the size of quarters, moth-bitten and dirty wings and sabertooth-esque teeth has one red eye and one yellow eye.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:32 pm
The lumpy, green mouse with purple ears the size of quarters, moth-bitten and dirty wings, sabertooth-esque teeth with one red eye and one yellow eye also has a barbed tail.  

Rayvyn_Vaughn

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:44 am
Not only does this ugly little creature have a barbed tail... He is also missing one of his toes...  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:02 am
Today is has been reported that a new mythical creature has been found on the outskirts of London! We have been told that it's name is the "Purple Puss Mouse". Not a very appetizing name, is it!? The description of this poor creature has large green lumps, all over it's body! It has what looks like moth eaten wings and purple ears the size of quarters. It has one yellow and one red eye along with large sabertooth-like teeth. We've also been told that is has a barbed tail and is missing one of it's toes...

We've also been told to warn anyone who may run into one of these animals as they maybe dangerous! Also, it is now illegal to kill one of these mouses since they are so new and rare.

That's it for your news!

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

KatieInTheBox

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:15 am
The horse is a deep red.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:57 pm

User Image

The horse is a deep red with a mane of clouds

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Rayvyn_Vaughn

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:13 pm
The horse is a deep red with a mane of clouds and wings made of cheese.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:11 pm
The horse is a deep red with a mane of clouds, wings made of cheese, and hooves with purple stripes on them.  

steeler_fan_7

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:53 am
It also has a terrible gas problem...  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff