[PRP - East] Ebb and Flow of the World Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:27 pm
She felt him stiffen as she brushed past him, and almost felt...sad. Was it such a surprise that she had the capacity to show affection? Did lions really think she didn't have any emotions, and was in complete control? Admittedly, that was what she was trying to get across, for being in control was better than not having any. Showing emotions was a sign of weakness, and to earn her place she'd had to erase all signs of weakness from her body.

She turned to face him once more, allowing another warm smile to grace her lips. She was becoming grateful of Bai Bo's presence - this was only the second meeting, yet she felt a lot closer to him than most other members of the pride. Cadenza was a good friend of hers, seeing as she'd grown up alongside the Duchess. She felt she could confide less in Cadenza, however, due to her being the Lord's daughter, and it was inappropriate in the Historian's eyes. She preferred to listen to her problems and give advice on them. But Bai Bo...she could talk to him. Almost with ease.

Shaking her head a little, Kumbuka inwardly cursed herself. Was she getting soft? Neglected her duties!? She should be getting back, checking over them again. The Lord had given her the day off, but what better way to show her utter devotion to the pride and the East House than by doing work when it wasn't necessary? Of course, the thought skipped Kumbuka's mind that she was constantly working when it wasn't necessary.

"I think I am, Bai Bo," she spoke, nodding to enforce her decision, "The records have been left too long." She paused, contemplating the idea that had popped into her head, before looking up to one who she now considered as more of a friend than an acquaintance - a concept that was rather foreign to her. Kumbuka hadn't had many friends.

"If you like, I can show you them. We can put your reading skills to the test, and I can help with anything you don't understand?"

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:15 pm
Since leaving his home, his loving parents, Bai Bo had received no affection. Every night since that day he had spent alone, curled up in the cold. No friends. No companion at all. The only meetings had often brought arguments. Such things as friendship had been an unknown gift to him - until that very moment.

Now he knew what it was to have a friend.

And at the peak of this revelation it hurt him to realise their meeting would be so brief. He felt like he learned so much when he was in her presence, even if it was the smallest thing he appreciated it dearly.

And then the proposal.

"Truly?" His eyes widened a little. "I would be honoured, Qī Wàng, if you have the time to spare, of course." He stepped after her, almost nervous. He didn't want to dissapoint her but he was concerned that his learning was going too slowly. What if he failed in the expectations she had of him?

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:08 am
Kumbuka couldn't stop herself smiling - the way his eyes lit up, and his whole stance just seemed to become more alert. ...Happier. And she felt happy, and almost proud, that she'd managed to make him feel happy. Her smile lessened a little as she realized what she was doing, but she was still smiling none-the-less, as she gave a sincere nod.

"I've been told by the Lord to have the day to myself, and I feel he'd be angry if he caught me checking the records when he asked me not to. Teaching you will give me purpose for the day." she spoke purposefully, as if she was thinking out each word carefully so as not to come across as offensive. She didn't want it to seem like she wanted to do this just because she was bored. No...she did actually want to.

She began back to her den, turning to ensure he was following her. A reassuring smile graced her maw as she nodded to him, blue eyes noticing the awkward, almost nervous steps he took. What was he nervous of? She continued walking, but talked as she did. "Do not feel nervous, Bai Bo. You'll be able to read and write sooner than you think - and taking initiative, such as willingly wanting to read the records and improve your knowledge, sees good in the eyes of the Lord."

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:38 am
He nodded, understanding. "It's good that he looks out for you like that." He replied. "I have the feeling you might work yourself to death, otherwise." He stepped after her eagerly, feeling the thrill of knowing that he would soon be harnessing further knowledge. He hungered for it as a starving lion hungered for meat. He needed it as much as he needed food and water.

"This is an unusual feeling for me." He replied. "Back home there was no pride in taking potential in the mind. Home was filled with hunters and guards and nothing much else. There was no place or intelligence and I was ignored for the most part. It is an odd thing to be recognised for the sharpness of your mind and not for the sharpness of your claws." He wrinkled his muzzle a little. "I wasn't meant for fighting."

He bobbed his head. "I wish to work hard and prove to myself and to the Lord that allowing me to stay wasn't a mistake. I must repay him for his kindness."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:53 pm
Kumbuka listened curiously, a little confused as she walked - although, of course, neither her stance nor expression gave any hint to this confusion. Work herself to death? She was certain that that was not possible, and she enjoyed her work. Days like this almost frustrated her, especially with how quickly she became bored. She was grateful for Bai Bo appearing, giving her something to do for the day. Otherwise, what was there to do? Usually she might go catch up with Cadenza, or observe the pride, but she always felt out of place...as if she was just dilly-dallying. With her records was where she belonged.

"I assure you, Bai Bo, that is an extremely unlikely possibility. I enjoy my work," she spoke, walking confidently and swiftly back in the direction of her den. Ah, she found herself almost eager to assess the lion's current ability, and help him to further it. Which was...strange. Quite strange. Unusual, but not entirely unwanted.

She listened with interest, slowing her pace a little so she could turn her head to the side and watch her new friend - because that was what they were now, yes? - without fear of walking into anything. She nodded in an understanding manner, even offering a small smile of reassurance. "I understand your frustration. Some find it difficult to comprehend that there is just as much pride in your mind as in your muscles." She paused, looking forwards as she offered another comment, "I can assure you, your talents are much appreciated here. You need not prove yourself, only work with determination and purpose. I can tell you, my impression of you is much different now as to when we first met."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:07 pm
He smiled back and nodded, more grateful for her words than she knew. "Very well. We'll both work hard and maintain our good stead in the pride." He glanced back ahead of them. "It's what we live for, after all."

And he drew in a small breath, letting his eyes cast upwards. "We're one and the same, you and I. Despite our rocky beginning, I think we've come to an understanding." And, though he never said it, she was the best and only friend he had ever had.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:18 pm
Kumbuka couldn't help the smile. She was finding that a lot around him, actually. Smiling...it was a waste of energy and emotion, but it sometimes felt...alright, actually. Maybe she should do it a little more oftne. it might make a better impression. "Agreed."

She glanced over to him at his drawn in breath, forehead creased in her curious frown. It softened slightly though, at his words. The same? It was an interesting concept, and one that at first glance she might toss out with a snort. But now she'd spent time with Bai Bo, and gotten to know him, when you gave it more thought...it was true. They were similar. Which she found a good thing - it almost meant she wasn't alone as she thought. And that comforted her. "I do think we have, Bai Bo. I'm pleased to have found someone to share my opinions with, and confide in."

She paused, both in her words and her walk, as she came to the entrance of her den. She glanced up at him with a neutral expression, but with bright, eager eyes. She was clearly quite excited about the lesson that was about to happen. "After you, Bai Bo."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:23 pm
He bowed his head at her, suddenly feeling nervous. This was her territory now and he was stepping into a place that was owned by her. He'd have to make sure not to do anything that might annoy her.

Drawing in a deep breath he passed her and moved into the den, nervous anticpation to prove himself despite the fact that she'd already said he didn't need to.

He had to get better. That was his philosophy. Now and forever.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:27 pm
She waited there, inclining her head in response to his actions, an action of politeness and respect. She gave a reassuring smile, stepping into the den after him, holding back her mild irritation at him taking his time. Not everyone was as devoted as her - she ahd to understand that. And whilst Bai Bo certainly impressed her, he was likely nervous. Why, she wasn't sure. But it didn't matter.

She smiled to herself. Soon, he couldn't have to be.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff