Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:12 pm
It was strange that so many kimeti would pass by each other at times like these. There were no fewer than four others around him, each as unsettled as the rest, and each looking for answers to the wrong. He noticed the doe tensing, and who wouldn't surrounded by four unknown bucks, one of whom who had already attacked.

Rabbit was rather unsettled by the new onslaught of other kimeti. Certainly he loved to meet other kimeti, but in these circumstances it seemed rather strange and unsettling. Especially the Predator in the group, who had just stepped towards him, loomed, he would think, had excused himself to get by him.

Ever the polite buck, Rabbit bowed his head slightly and stepped to the side. "Of course, brother, and may your travels be ever fruitful." He was not a strong buck, and neither was he stupid. He could tell a threat when it was uttered, and he could tell a stronger kimeti on sight. Rabbit was taking no chances with the Predator.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 am
Shadowed Moon watched as the scene unfolded before him, it seemed his comment had been largely unnoticed. This didn't really surprise him since everyone else was being so much more interesting, or had at least said something that actually needed answering. Right after he had arrived a light pink buck with a red and black swan on his back had broken through the grass and had actually said something sensible as well as ask what was going on. It seemed that there was something going on that had caused a worry to ripple through the group before he had arrived and he was rather confused. The white and red buck seemed to be trying to intimidate 'Rabbit' out of the way while the doe kept a very close eye on them all. 'Rabbit' simply politely stepped to the side to allow the other buck to pass. Not really sure what to do Shadowed Moon then realized he didn't know the names of any of the kimeti here, with the exception of the one who had been called 'Rabbit.'

"I think I may have missed introductions." Shadowed Moon said, stepping forward out of the tall grasses. "Shadowed Moon, nice to meet you."

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:30 pm
Mourning Fog felt a wave of discomfort as the maned buck dismissed this meeting as something common and licked his chops. He felt Sunwing tense her muscles on his back and craned his neck to give her a quick, comforting nuzzle. He watched the one called Rabbit submissively back away and stepped forward to stand next to the light blue buck. When the grinning buck advanced towards the only doe in the group, Mourning Fog felt obligated to stand near her. He could not fathom the thought of any harm coming to a doe, especially since the maned buck was acting so strangely. His front leg lifted and he jerked his body to move, but stayed his position in hesitation. The teeth on that buck...Mourning Fog was no fighter..what to do..what to do..

Then he heard the buck beside him speak. "I go by the name of Mourning Fog, a pleasure to meet you all" he said, although it was no pleasure to meet the white and red buck. Being intimidating and all..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:53 pm
Shadowed Moon looked toward the pink buck standing beside him as he introduced himself as well. A moment before Mourning Fog had seemed ready to respond to any possible threat from the white and red buck, who was now leaving past Rabbit. Smiling at the kimeti beside him he tilted his head and leaned it backward to get a better look at the swan seated on Mourning Fog's back.

The swan was mostly black with white accents and a red neck. It was quite beautiful. Unlike several of the kimeti in the clearing Shadowed Moon didn't have a pet, which would have been nice. He would have like to have someone to talk to and enjoy spending time with when other kimeti weren't around, which was often. He only encountered most others by change due to his habit of wandering, much like the moon he was named for. "What's your swans name?" He asked curiously, wondering what he should call the gorgeous animal.

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:02 pm
With her ears still laid back against her skull Cold-Blood surveyed the situation, gaging all of her possibilities. She could stay here with these... seemingly docile bucks... or she could take her leave and follow the predatory buck away from here and take that chance instead. She glanced over at the red and white buck... and saw that he had made it past Rabbit and was now heading back towards the treeline and away from this group of kimeti. She stalled for a moment, and by the time she had decided that it would be a better idea to follow him, he had already made it into the trees and was out of her sight. At least no one had tried to stop him. There would have been bloodshed then.

Mentally sighing, the doe turned her attention back towards the group, turning her ears the slightest bit up, and standing just a little bit straighter. She was still very aware and ready to bolt or fight should she need to, but she didn't expect any of these kimeti to give her any trouble. She stood quietly for a moment, getting a feel for these bucks, catching all of their names, and a whiff of their personalities.

A slight rustling sound behind her made one ear twitch back towards it, but the doe remained where she was, this was a familiar sound. Without having to look, she knew it was her two companions. They slithered out of the tall grasses behind her, slithered forward, and wove their way up and around her upper forelegs, as usual. There. Now she felt much better.

Cautiously, and with an eye on the bucks, she introduced herself and her companions, "My name is Cold-Blood, and these are my kin, Shadow and Glint," indicating each with a lift of a leg. She was still wary, but now that her companions had returned to her, she felt much more comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:31 pm
Rabbit watched as the Predator passed him by, careful to remain unprovocative. These were strange times, and the Motherfather was already fighting with itself, so there was no need for it's children to fight too. Ignoring the others for a spell, Rabbit made entirely sure that the other buck had left before returning his attention to the others.

The light blue buck had apparently introduced himself as Shadowed-Moon.

There was a pink buck, his name was Mourning-Fog. He appeared to have a similar coloration to Streaked-Sky, from his family. Perhaps they were related somehow?

Cold-Blood did not seem to be paying attention to the other bucks either, and was apparently watching the Predator leave as intently as he was. But it seemed as if there was longing there; an intent to follow. It was none of his business anyway, as he could not protect her from herself.

Joining into the conversation, he introduced himself again. "I am called Rabbit, by name and not by deed."

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:57 pm
"Her name is Sunwing, but don't let her fool you, Shadowed Moon, she's not nearly as sweet and innocent as she appears at the moment" he said to the light blue buck, teasing his swan. She honked in response and nipped his back. "Oww!" he said, stepping in place.

Then he turned to the doe, Cold-Blood was her name. Such a haunting name for a doe..and snakes as kin? What a curious thing.. He looked at the legless lizards with a child-like curiousity. His ear flicked in Rabbit's direction and listened to his introduction. He almost said So you don't reproduce at an alarming rate? but after a few seconds of thought, he decided it was a rather rude thing to say in his opinion. He wasn't sure if the buck would know if he was joking. Instead he continued to study the two snakes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:41 pm
Shadowed Moon nodded as the swan was introduced and couldn't help but grin as she nipped at Mourning Fog. Turning to Rabbit as he introduced himself again Shadowed Moon smiled. It seemed much better to meet someone when they introduced themselves to you and not just by hearing their name in passing. "I doubt any of us will think less of you for you name." Shadowed Moon told the buck, a sincere smile on his face.

As the doe continued to seem awkward she finally calmed down after the two snakes approached and Shadowed Moon was rather interested in them. He noticed Mourning Fog was quite interested in them as well. Finally the doe introduced herself as Cold-Blood. It seemed most of them had rather depressing names, save for Rabbit.

He tilted his head, seemed him and Rabbit were the only kimeti here without companions. Shadowed Moon was still surprised at how friendly Cold-Blood's snakes were. Most snakes tried to run away upon being approached but these had happily slithered up and attached themselves to her. "I never seen a snake so friendly." He said, a child-like curiosity entering his voice, it was quite unlike his previous gentlemanly tone.

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:56 pm
She saw that Rabbit had been keeping an eye on the ivory buck as well, but didn't mention anything. Instead, she tried to concentrate on what was unfolding in the group that remained. Introductions were had, so now everyone seemed calm and comfortable (the males much more so than herself), but she figured she would give this a shot and attempt to be social.

The pink buck leaned in first, taking a closer look at her snake companions, quickly followed by the blue buck; Mourning Fog and Shadowed Moon, they had said they were called. Shadow slithered further so that he could lean out and taste Mourning Fog's scent, rather interested himself. Glint, on the other side, was feeling rather claustrophobic and just twined a little tighter, squeezing Cold-Blood's leg in a bout of uneasiness.

She merely stood there, giving Rabbit another look, as he seemed the only one not in a state of trance. She replied to the others as her golden eyes ran over Rabbit's calming coat, "Yes, they are rather friendly, well, Shadow is at any rate. Glint, as you can see is less so." Her body was no longer tense, but her senses were all on high alert, and she had decided that if anything got out of hand she would simply take her leave. "Shadow has been with me since before birth."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 am
Mourning Fog's head jerked back slightly at the snake's flickering tongue. He sniffed it back and his body relaxed, his knees buckled, and his belly felt the wet grass below him. He found it curious how the snake flicked its tongue in and out. He looked to the other, Glint, was it, and then back to Shadow. Satisfied with his new experience, the buck's head leaned back to a more refined position and took them in once more. He had never seen snakes that belonged to a kimeti before. They certainly were more friendly. Shadow anyways.

Looking up, he gazed at the doe for a fleeting moment. She seemed more calm, yet, not fully relaxed. Feeling he was crowding the doe and not wanting to make a bad impression, he got to his feet and backed away a few steps. "Sunwing has been with me for quite some time, but not since birth. Your bond must be impressive to have such a friend as that." he said to her, trying to be respectful.

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:46 am
Watching the snakes with interest Shadowed Moon tilted his head at the different reactions, almost like kimeti.
"I understand why you call them kin..." He said quietly, almost to himself. "They have their own ways, just like us." Shadowed Moon wasn't sure why Mourning Fog had backed away so he shrugged and retreated as well, they were beginning to discuss animals and he couldn't take part in this conversation.

Glancing over at Rabbit he smiled. Rabbit was quite interesting in his color. In fact, everyone here was interesting. Mourning Fog was a wonderful shade of pink, Cold-Blood reminded him of the crocodiles he had seen in the swamp, and Rabbit was almost like a colorful rock deposit like the ones you find in caves.

He began humming randomly and glanced around the clearing, it was such a nice night out and he enjoyed the moonlight. He always had, ever since he was in his sack. It had played a large part in his naming, in fact, he was named after it, and he enjoyed it's rays. Shadowed Moon found himself staring at the sky, watching the glowing orb as it floated between the light clouds.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:09 pm
Rabbit watched the other bucks fawn over Cold Blood's companions. One of his companions had a creature with whom she was bonded, and he was kind enough to the rest of the clan, so that even though Rabbit was companionless, he knew what to expect.

He also knew it was never a smart idea to put your face on par with a snakes, no matter how 'tame' it appeared. Cold Blood seemed to be a little on edge still, and the other bucks weren't reacting in a way he would have expected, having just met the Predator.

"May I ask what brings us all out here? I have felt the Motherfather straining and coiling, but what of you?"

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:59 pm
Shadowed Moon looked a bit worried at Rabbit's comment but put on a smirk as he remembered how he had come across the group. "I was sleeping on a hill over that way." He motioned behind him with his head. "This group's noises and the previous scuffle woke me. So I came to see what was going on." His face adopted a look of slight worry again.

Why had Rabbit thought the Motherfather was straining and coiling? That didn't sound to good. Hopefully nothing to bad was going on. Shadowed Moon felt quite ingnorant, since his full attention was usually on the moon, not the going abouts in the swamp. This often lead to his midnight wanderings and frequent adventures during the dark hours.

He shook the thoughts from his head and turned to Cold-Blood and Mourning Fog. "What about you? What caused you two to wander about on this fine night?" Shadowed Moon asked, his gentlemanly tone returning. He smiled politely at the others but couldn't help but feel worried. Had he missed something? Some kimeti were more attuned to the swamp then others.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:05 pm
Mourning Fog waited patiently for Shadowed Moon to finish speaking. What a pleasant buck. He liked him, so polite and genuine. Then he turned to Rabbit and added "I was only enjoying a night's walk when I, too, heard a commotion and came to investigate." A welcoming smile formed on his face, even though Rabbit's words troubled him. Unlike others, Mourning Fog could not hear the voices of the swamp, but after hearing Rabbit, he realized he felt something amiss. It took quiet contemplation, however, and he was silent while he thought on the matter.  

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:07 pm
Finally, something sensible was being asked. Cold-Blood's attention was brought back over to the one named Rabbit, the one speaking sensibly. She didn't care for the introductions and the interest in her snakes. Yes, the bird was pretty, and surely a great companion also, but when the other two bucks had spoken to her, she had merely nodded politely and said, "Mhmm."

The question of why the gathering had two answers, one obvious, the other not so much, so she stepped up and bravely replied first, "As I'm sure has been figured, the other predator and myself were having a discussion that lead to a... disagreement... of sorts, and I assume that is what attracted the rest of you out here. But my question is why has everyone felt the need to be this close to the edges of Mother Swamp? Aren't kimeti a-kin to the wet and the muddy, the inner parts of the swamp that is our home?" She gave it a moment and then explained why she was out this far. "Myself, I have been having strange dreams. Dreams that call out to me, that tell me to watch the borders, as if something is supposed to happen."

Completed ORP and Meta

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff