Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:13 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Midnight's shadows passed overhead, clouding the earth with pitch-black patches of nothingness. Everything seemed to disappear when it was engulfed, and reappeared worse for the wear once they passed. What were these shadows? What did they mean?
A sudden heart-wrenching wail tore through the stillness of this dark-embraced world. Nothing stirred, everything had stopped breathing in fear of calling out the creature that had sounded so mournful. The trees sagged, branches brushing the ground. Animals stood frozen to the spot, not daring to blink. Even the moon had disappeared behind furiously grey clouds. What had caused a sound capable of freezing all of life?
As if it had heard, the master of that horrible cry came swooping in towards Cold-Blood. A mass of feathers and tears hit the doe and enveloped her in a most loving, if not suffocating, embrace.

Gulping for air, Cold-Blood awoke with a start, drenched in a cold sweat. Blinking furiously, she remembered she lay at the edge of the swamp, looking out over the flatlands that the kimeti avoided. As she wolfed down the night's cool air, the doe calmed down enough to see that she had scared her companions nearly out of their skins. Glint and Shadow were lying about a foot away from her front hooves, peering at her as if she might jump on them. Her muzzle breaking out in a quick smile, Cold-Blood beckoned the snakes back towards her with a soft hiss.

"I'm sorry, my dears. Didn't mean to scare you! I was just having a dream. I suppose it could have been a nightmare... but the warmth at the end... it felt like my coat was on fire, burning in the grasp of..." A gasp had managed to escape the doe's lips.

"...Mother Crane... could it be?" she whispered to no one in particular as her beloved snakes wrapped themselves back around her front legs, content that she was alright.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:38 am
User Image

The pastel doe held little contempt for the change. This night, slower it seemed than the one before it, cast the brilliance of her eyes for what seemed like miles. Even in the flatland things seemed less strange - less frightening. She had long since had her waking dream, soothing fears of the far-away and the never-seen. Four soft steps, echoing after one another atop hard mud, replaced the Cicadas...it was there silence which prompted her sleepless descent from the trees. Exploring the vacant treeline one could offer little more than "All is as it should be here." Though she could not place the Mother's intentions, she had to be optimistic.

The shift in seasons had brought with it an unfamiliar call as unsettling to the doe as the language of the wolves. She knew the worry in the voice of her brethren and felt a heavy burden of spirit. But what did it all mean, really? What was she to play? There was little time for serious introspection as the wind held signs of another nearby, exciting her terribly.

Owlied

Timid Werewolf

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:32 pm
Glint and Shadow had firmly entangled themselves around the doe's front legs by the time she had stood up. Taking the time to stretch her half-numbed limbs and arching her back in an attempt to dispel some of the stiffer muscles, Cold-Blood tried to sort out what the dream meant. Absent-mindedly she started walking out into the dry flatlands.

Dryness never bothered the kimeti, and neither had the flatlands though she did hold a certain respect for them, for even the snakes did not venture out there at blistering midday or flesh-biting midnight. But as she juggled her thoughts, it seemed right to be out here, not too far from the marsh, but not quite close enough to feel that constant humidity. It was a nice change for her scales and fur, feeling lighter dry than they did weighed down by the wet air of Mother Marsh.

After a few minutes of walking, Cold-Blood stopped dead in her tracks. She had seen a flash of light hit the ground at her feet. There it was again, pushing at the corners of her shadow, trying to shrink it. Barely able to move, the doe turned her head to look over her shoulder back at the swamp. There! Two fiercely-burning green dots were moving between the trees, moving closer and closer, while all Cold-Blood could do is stare, hooves planted, frozen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 pm
User Image

There were voices that chased him all into the night. If Crocodile Smile weren't so secure with his resolve, he might have thought he was going insane. The swampland was never quiet, but never before had he been so aware of the noises it brought when the burning ball in the sky retired. There was laughter and screaming, and songs. Lots of songs. It was enough to drive a thing mad.

Instead of shirking away and hiding when the night came, he allowed himself to give in and move with the darkness. It was the best time to hunt, stalking over the sprawling undergrowth, scraping scales across the bark of trees like an old lover. It was the first time he felt like kicking his heels up in the moonlight. When something screamed, he was there, like always, licking his lips. And some nights the screaming was his own doing. Recently it, well, it brought out the real beast in him.

And when the wail came, it was Crocodile Smile who answered. He followed the cadence of shadows along to its source, tilting his head in a pure predatory act. Something was moving far ahead, but he could not scent blood. From where Cold-Blood stood, the buck was coming up behind. While she was distracted by the green, she failed to see the red. Croc had gotten his nose by her neck by the time he realized this would be most unbecoming of him to eat. A rumble was offered, thick against the doe's ear.

Bloody Anubis

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:22 pm
That mesmerizing glow kept her entranced to the point where she noticed nothing around her. It was as if the whole world had stood still just so she could follow this light in the marsh. The spell was broken with a low rumble in her ear.

What came next was in instant reaction. Cold-Blood managed to whip her body around and away from the stranger by throwing herself to the side. She rolled and picked herself back up in one swift movement, which brought her to a low crouching stance, facing her immediate danger. She was not one to run from danger, she met it head-on and fought through it.

Head low, almost touching the ground, ears pulled back, teeth baring, the doe was ready for anything. But this. A buck? I'm being attacked by a buck? A crocodile she could handle, one of those rare hunting cats, even a stray wolfen thing... but another kimeti? She had never encountered this sort of situation before, and was slightly at a loss of what to do. Well, she wasn't about to let her guard down, that was for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:09 am
Her quick motions made him falter a moment, rocking him forward and after her a pace. A growl emerged thickly from the buck's throat, coupled with a moaning note that was not at all pleasant in this pitch dark. As he studied the defensive stance, he licked his maw, breathed in deep through his nose. Eyes burned hotly with a feral sort of fire. It was a lust that shouldn't be of a kimeti.

Even as he stepped closer to the doe, his mind was racing over why? Why wasn't he just stopping? He sniffed at her again before he managed to rein in the curiosity and temptation. Then he turned, as if disinterested, beginning to slide away again. There were other things out there, more edible things. He didn't want to hurt her, his mind said, even if a part of him wanted to scare her a little.

Bloody Anubis

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:27 pm
Hesitation, and then advance. He looked like he wanted to eat her. What is he doing? Has he gone mad? She had never come across a kimeti with quite that look in its eye. It was a look of pure craving for flesh. In fact... she had seen it before... in a crocodile's eye... in a cat's eye... Was he no better than those hunting predators? But then he sniffed at her and turned away. Her companions slithered down off of Cold-Blood's legs, sensing her irritation, and made their way towards the safety of the grasses of the Swamp. This would not do. Not at all.

Without thinking, she ran at the predatory buck and leapt on him, slightly to one side. As he fell, she kept her stance and stood over him, her front right hoof on his chest, keeping him down. She had surprising strength for a doe, atleast when she was angry. She lowered her body a little, to apply more pressure to his chest, as she was sure he was strong.

Daring to press her face closer to his, she snarled, "What was the meaning of that? Chase upto me... growl in my ear... contemplate eating me?!" If her voice didn't speak her anger, her eyes shone it, their bright gold glow piercing in her current state of agitation. "Are you no better than the crocodiles? Wanting to dine upon the flesh of a kimeti?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:19 am
User Image
Rabbit was not a young buck; he was not a stupid buck. And so when he heard the braying of a frightened doe and then moments later a scuffle, he was catious as he explored the scene.

Gracefully, carefully, he crept between the grass stalks, like the predator he could never be. He made his way noiselessly under a fallen log to get a better look at the kerfuffle, only to find a doe pinning a buck to the ground.

He couldn't hear the doe's words, but the tonalities he could hear were those of anger and a slight hint of fear.

These were bad times indeed if kimeti fought amongst thierselves.

He slipped into the clearing to see if he might intervene.

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50

Bloody Anubis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:06 am
A rather undignified whistle of air came as the buck went down, certainly not expecting an attack. He was easily pinned, not only by shock but by will. The more sane part of him would not bring her to harm- it was very impolite. His ivory head lolled back onto the earth, his scarlet jaws parting. He smelled like blood and something sweet, panted.

"From what I can see, your flesh is in tact," A grin split his features, his lids lowering as some of that fire was stoked. He stretched beneath her, testing. Though she was strong, he was a buck, and if he so willed it there was little doubt he would be free. "Maybe you shouldn't look so delicious."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:48 pm
Well of course my flesh is in tact, I wouldn't have let you tear it to pieces! The doe thought to herself angrily, but the grin that spread across his features seemed to dull that emotion. She couldn't explain it, but his comment made her feel much less inclined to stay on his case. He didn't actually hurt her... only shook her up a bit...

Cold-Blood's expression softened and she removed herself from the buck. She lowered her muzzle down next to his and whispered, "A girl might take that as a compliment." She pulled back with a wicked little grin of her own.

She stood up straight now and took a pace or two back. As she looked him over she said, "My name is Cold-Blood. What may I call this predatorial buck?" Her ears perked up to a sound behind her, but she dismissed it as nothing. She had not yet noticed the buck that had just emerged from the tall grasses.

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:35 pm
Rabbit watched in bemusement as the scene played out. The buck had made a good point; even though he had apparently thought of dining on his sister's* flesh, he had refrained.

Though, when he looked at the doe, delicious wasn't what came to mind exactly. This was turning out to be a strange day.

And so, slowly, cautiously, he crept up towards the pair. "If I may introduce myself," he plainly said, "I am Rabbit, and I hope I am not interrupting anything serious."

Hopefully his polite attitude would keep the other buck at bay. He wasn't much of a fighter.

*I use this as a general bretheren thing, not literally family.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:56 am
User Image
Shadowed Moon was awoken by the sound of an apparent scuffle but feeling content were he was he didn't see any need to wander off to find what was going on. He often came to the edge of the swamp looking for a moon lite hill to sleep on and he was often awoken by such sounds. He had long ago discovered that the closer he got to the tree line the more noises he heard. He assumed it was due to the fact that, unlike himself, most kimeti did not come out here to sleep and there were many more night animals hunting in this area.

Assuming that like usual the sounds would die down in a moment he didn't even bother to open his eyes. As Shadowed Moon shifted his body into a more comfortable position he realized the sounds had not stopped, they had simply changed form. It seemed several kimeti were having some sort of conversation down the hill from him. Realizing it was no use trying to sleep now since the sounds had lasted long enough to awaken him fully he stood up and stretched slowly, glancing up at the sky to get a glimpse of the moon once more before heading down the hill towards the other kimeti.

Shadowed Moon approached the sounds and as he drew nearer he saw a doe and a buck through the tall grass. Continuing to push his way closer he watched as another buck emerged. Since the amount of grass between him and them had decreased as he approached he could almost see them perfectly. Seeing no reason to hide out he continued towards the three and soon emerged from the grasses himself. Seeing that the second buck had just finished speaking he tilted his head as he examined the group. He had approached them from the side and wasn't sure if they had noticed him, this in mind he decided he should say something. "Guess I'm not the only one who chooses to send my nights by the treeline." Though this was more his thoughts then anything it would have to do.

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

Mourning Fog sniffed at the night air, clean and fresh. He strolled between the trees and roots, picking his path carefully and watching each of his steps. He made sure not to crush a single wildflower or beetle with his hooves. Every now and then he stopped to smell the foxgloves or touch a snapdragon with his nose. Sunwing rested on his back and preened her feathers.

Voices and shuffling traveled the wind to his ears and he perked his head to the distance. Behind the grasses he saw multiple kimeti and parted his way through the underbrush to greet them.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, please do pardon my intrusion, but I heard your lovely voices and this night has been quiet with only Sunwing here as my companion." He smiled sweetly at the bucks and even sweeter and the does. His expression melded to confusion at the looks of one buck's..was it hunger?...to a doe. "Hmmm? What is happening here?" he asked gently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:09 pm
Brows quirked, and for a moment her response was only a guttural rumble. As she backed away it was only a simple matter of rolling over onto his hooves, the movements smooth and sleek as the shadows playing over his ivory hide. Croc shook his mane free of dirt, the red of his mind clearing a little with it. It felt as if the swamp were pulsing all around him like one giant heart. Or maybe it was his own, swimming in his ears.

Before he could speak, another joined their party. His ears flicked back against his skull, lips curling to show his teeth before he was thinking about it. A smile. And more came, seemingly melding out of the trees, two more bucks. A part of him was intimidated by the sudden number, wanted him to step back into the shadow and slip away from his lost kill. Another reminded him of manners, that it wasn't right to leave when someone was speaking to you.

Crocodile Smile stepped back, not from fear of the others but to receive a better vantage point. He was sobering quite quickly, moved stiffly with his indecision.

"Nothing has happened, friend." He would tell Mourning Fog, smooth although there was something a little unwelcoming to his tone. His eyes seemed like burning coals as he spoke. "A meeting in the dark, contact of strangers." Something sweet-smelling filled his nostrils. A water fowl, so close, near the buck newest to the party. He licked his lips absently before looking back to the one named Cold-Blood.

"My lady, see what you have brought upon yourself? Have I not spoken truth?" But he sounded almost bitter. He moved slowly, looming toward Rabbit, his neck arched.

"Excuse me, Rabbit." He purred, planning to take his leave past what his instincts told him was the weakest of the bucks.

Bloody Anubis

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:04 pm
The doe examined the red and white buck before her and watched his reactions as he pulled back his ears and smiled. It was an odd expression, one that entranced her. She was a hunter too, but his demeanour was darker than hers and that's what brought her attention to him so.

They all seemed to come at once, and it played with her own emotions, ending with confusion. She was most comfortable when on her own, with only her snakes as companions, and she wouldn't mind the company of one or maybe two other kimeti, but this was a little overwhelming. Five was a too many for her liking and it made her itchy.

Returning the slightest of nods to each buck as he introduced himself, out of sheer politeness, Cold-Blood turned so she was facing most everyone. As the first buck edged his way towards escape, his words struck her and rang in her mind. Maybe you shouldn't look so delicious.... Have I not spoken the truth?... The doe lowered her ears, tensed her muscles and looked around at the others. They were all polite... and they seemed docile to her... one even had a sleeping bird upon his back. None of them could mean her harm... but even so, she was very uncomfortable in such a large group of kimeti. She kept an eye on the predatorial one, not sure if she would prefer his company to that of so many others.

((Lady of Shallot, according to her sig, won't be back until end of July/beginning of August, so I think we should keep going, and when she gets back she can just jump back in whenever she gets back))  
Completed ORP and Meta

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff