Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hikari Tokoyami

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:43 pm
ZNK
O.T.L.
ZNK
No no, She isn't smirking. Saka said it was a "age line". To show she is like, late 30s, maybe even 40... something.

Well, Saka can say that, but it still looks just like a smirk. (Honestly, methinks Saka may not be the artist she(?) used to be...)

Quote:
And To be honest, she looked more slutty before, with her boobs perked up. But they are just flopping there now, looking far smaller. And cleavage just makes her seem younger.

The rest don't have cleavage to make them look like that are "maturing".

Meh, she may have had more cleavage exposed before, but now, she's arching her back to thrust her chest forward, which gives more prominence to her chest than before. Ruby's original design may have shown more skin, but it wasn't drawing attention to it, like the new design seems to be. *Shrug*

Regardless, though, the quality of the art for Ruby is just bad. Her face just looks... wrong.

Anyhoo, so we now have an announcement of a gold shop update. And - surprise of surprises! - they didn't bother to update Liam's avatar yet. Wow, Gaia did something kinda half-assed? Try to contain your shock.

Well, according to Saka, the new Ruby is actually Kylie Minogue XD
^ This. x'D Does Peyo know that his mother this fact?  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:59 pm
ZNK
Andromeda Phoenix
ZNK
Andromeda Phoenix
ZNK
Andromeda Phoenix
Either way, the quality of her work has gone down the shitter. When an artist starts admitting that the poses of their own item sucks, something's is wrong.

She said in a thread she worked her a** off on the shop NPCs...

So maybe she was over doing it, and that is why they look so shitty.

rofl She needs to tone it down then... She certainly outdid herself ninja

Well, to be honest, the only one who looks like s**t to me is Ian...

His hat is horrid, especially with that realistic leaf... wtf!

I like Ian with his stoned, "I'm mad that I'm dressed in this, but I shouldn't get angry in front of the customers if I don't wanna scare them away" look. I don't even notice his hat. xd

It's Ruby I don't like. Her outfit is gorgeous, but compared to everything else she looks ridiculous, Gaian themed store or not. I also think the smirk just kills it. She looks like she's about to murder someone or something.

No no, She isn't smirking. Saka said it was a "age line". To show she is like, late 30s, maybe even 40... something.

And To be honest, she looked more slutty before, with her boobs perked up. But they are just flopping there now, looking far smaller. And cleavage just makes her seem younger.

The rest don't have cleavage to make them look like that are "maturing".

LOL! Since when an age line is supposed to make one look like they're smirking? I think that's a sign of "can't draw syndrome."

No no, I'm not concerned about whether she looks slutty or not. I've come to realize that Gaia staff loves the slutty and innuendo's because they can't find a better place to display the fact that they're perverts and not afraid to show it. I'm concerned with her looking like she's an insane bat who decided that everyday is Halloween or "dress up in a costume" day. What everyone else is wearing could be worn every day and no one would look twice at it, doesn't matter what you really know about them, but if I saw Ruby walking down the street wearing what she was wearing, I'd seriously ask, "Are you insane or do you have an actual reason why you're wearing that ridiculous costume? Do you believe you're an angel who can fly? Do you plan on jumping off a cliff just to see if you can do so with those ridiculous looking wings? Performing some kind of experiment, ma'am?"  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Aeddict

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:11 pm
kikirin~sakyomi
Moria makes me a bit sad as she was my favorite person...and Vanessa's eyes, like Ruby's, just screams this departure form older anime techniques to what seems like this "Americanization" manga style....it's too creepy and reminds me a bit like work form Sabrina the Teenage Witch or something....

This is what hit me the most. The new art is like a declaration that Gaia doesn't give a damn if people are worried about it losing its anime roots, because Gaia is becoming the virtual Hollywood, baby!

I just don't really know how else to see it. Whether you like it or not, Gaia's becoming less anime and more and more an American fashion statement. Personally, I'm not really too fond of it, but it's been coming a long time. MTV was prolly the first that hit me, and the next one was Phin Phang. That one's supposed to be a regular Gaia shop, but the style change was clear. Now it's spread to the old shops too. I'm just not sure why. To seem more serious (hah!), trendy, "mature", sponsorship-appealing, or what..?

As for Ruby, I just find her posture really unnatural. How else can you explain it except that she's trying to shove her boobs at your face? Hardly a necessary detail, imho.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:50 pm
I don't particularly mind the departure from "traditional" anime and manga stylings.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:59 pm
jaggedbubbles
I don't particularly mind the departure from "traditional" anime and manga stylings.

Are (relatively) you new to Gaia?

Because I am (almost) a 1.5 year veteran, and I somewhat dislike the style change. neutral
Not saying anything about you, though.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:52 pm
Siarnaq
jaggedbubbles

Are (relatively) you new to Gaia?

Because I am (almost) a 1.5 year veteran, and I somewhat dislike the style change. neutral
Not saying anything about you, though.

I joined in '05. 3nodding

I guess I'm just the dissenting opinion. Styles change, artists evolve, it happens. Change is good (at least, in this case).  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200

ZNK

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:49 am
Siarnaq
ZNK
Shop update is not compatible with what they said here

I'm not sure I follow....

Sets were meant to stay in one shop, and not be spread out.

They spread out the camping set. Of course, some items are ok. But Ruby was given HATS only. Of course, they got onto it and changed that.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:32 am
Don't like. NO ONE asked for this. The art is...HORRIBLE. Saha has gone from Preppy island girl to a total plastic retard. Not ian...ah, the guy from crate and apparel, forgot his name, has gone from kind of show offy hot, to jock jock jock. "Rubys rack." Kind of interesting how her "Rack" Is one of the things they actually TOOK AWAY. Why the wings? Why the greek ness? She was womanly and motherly before. Now she just looks....stupid. They really messed up with this. Maybe we should have an option to choose which shop images we want to see? Also, What was the friggin point of giving us things like Ruby's bonnet, if they are gonna take it away? Then of course, theres the noobs who will ask "Deeeuuuhh....Whats ruby's bonnet for? Ruby dun' wear a bonnet..11oneoneoene elleventy." Damnit gaia. Stop messing us around, and spend your time givig us things we actually ASK FOR.
User Image

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100

Fleur De Amour

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:53 pm
I'm not fond of the update. I prefer the old look of our NPC's over the new one. I'm also disappointed that they took away the Gambino Hat Rack. That was one of my favorite shops. I don't mind that they gave Peyo an update though.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:22 am
Personally... The only one I dislike the change with is Sasha. Granted, the "Island Girl" look was dated, but to be honest, it was still a step up from her "Like, totally" valley girl look. For some reason I'd be much more tempted to violently murder her in broad daylight than I was before.

Oops, sorry, a bit of animosity towards valley girls.

I AM TOO DATE-ABLE AND NOT GROSS!

...o.O Aaaanyway..  

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:13 am
@Yamato1: *snicker*

@thread:
I think what would help our problems out with these changes is if they did a mini manga, that did a quick background story behind each person's change. Something had to inspire the artist to change their outfits and looks so drastically.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 am
Honestly, I don't think Sasha looks much like a valley girl with what she's wearing, no valley girl with any sense of dignity would wear an large, frumpy T-shirt like that! It seems very out of character for them to stuff her into that T-shirt and it really doesn't suit her. She should be wearing something cute and trendy, like a blouse and a mini skirt. Honestly, these people live in California but they put Sasha in that! It's like... they don't even know me- I mean valley girls at all! >.>  

Nanenna

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:57 pm
I actually like how Gaia listened to the community and updated the shops. I like the new shop. Before you start bashing me about liking them or saying gaia listened. There were many petitions for shop updates. Face it the site is changing and gaians don't like change at first. In the real world things are changing rapidly. Since Gaia co-insides with the real world, it has to change to stay at top.

Now for why i like the shops. They are more organized as easier to see the prices as they are layed-out. The old way you had to click the item.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:35 am
Sheriff Dustin
I actually like how Gaia listened to the community and updated the shops. I like the new shop. Before you start bashing me about liking them or saying gaia listened. There were many petitions for shop updates. Face it the site is changing and gaians don't like change at first. In the real world things are changing rapidly. Since Gaia co-insides with the real world, it has to change to stay at top.

Now for why i like the shops. They are more organized as easier to see the prices as they are layed-out. The old way you had to click the item.

Most of the complaints are about the new look for the NPCs, not the actual technical changes to the shops. They could have revised the Shop code the same way they did, but left the NPCs alone (as they did with most of them, actually (Rina, Logan, Sam, Natasha, the bots, Becky, etc.)). (Or they could have trusted the NPC redesigns to a better artist, but that'd probably be asking for too much...)  

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:57 pm
Oooh, for once I'm actually happy with the new Cash Shop update. I mean, it's items, that AREN'T IN AN RIG.

I'm glad they started listening to people a bit on that. Give the RIGs a break for a bit, and give us more of the items that would have been in them as a seperate update instead.

I'm a tad confused about a couple items though... is that sword really worth two MCs? @_@  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff