Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Oh my goodness someone help me out here Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JazelleSparrow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:04 am
Alright here's the thing, I was in this thread that was having a heated discussion about the British v Americans and there was someone posting that really disturbed me. Ok call me very uneducated in Paganism but something that she said really bothered me.

Quote:
u do know that pagan women ar serpose to sit around in feilds with over women stickin stone dildos up there privats
i know this cos im a history freak

Now I know that this is not an educated post about religion, but I have to know something. Is there any historical fact for this or was this person just speaking out of her a**?? Like I said before, I just want to know and have an educated answer in this.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:47 am
Looks to me like she was talking out of her exit end "privat".  

Tsuzuki

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:23 pm
Sounds to me that she was being crude and sarcastic.

For the most part, if someone says that "pagans" in general are supposed to do any particular thing, and base it off of historical references, you can assume that they don't know what they're talking about. There are far too many different kinds of pagan societies to say that all of them share the same practices. Also, not all historical pagans would have even had fields to sit around in, in the first place- many of them lived in deserts and forests. So that particular assertion falls apart very early on in the sentence.

Another easy way to tell that this person isn't a reliable source is to look at her writing- if she spells that badly, she can't spend much time reading on the subject or she'd be a little more familiar with the words she's using.^_^'  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:43 pm
some pagans might have liked to do that,
but that probibly had more to do with likeing that kind of thing than actual ancient rituals.

I think she is talking out her a**  

I be me

JazelleSparrow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:16 am
Thank you so much for giving me the answer I was hoping for, I kept telling her that she was talking out of her a** but she kept insisting on it. I was kinda worried that she might know something I didn't until she mentioned that she didn't know that there was more than one kind of Pagan....  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:55 am
The idiocy that she was spouting is strangely familiar....I'm pretty sure that was from a sci-fi/fantasy book I read but at the moment I.....hang on....I know I remember this!! Now it's gonna bug me but it is from a book. I know that much. So apparently when she said she's a history buff she meant vaguely-historical fiction.

**edit**it just came to me....that was in a book called Phaedra. It was written in the late 70's/early 80's about the child queen Phaedra of Crete, I believe. I knew it was familiar.  

BookWhore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:40 pm
Stone dildos, eh? While the thought cetainly is tantalizing wink I can't say I've ever heard of such a thing. Is she thinking about Shiva lingams, maybe? Or maybe she's just a dumbass and needs to re-learn that supposed "history" of hers. And learn to spell too, while she's at it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:39 pm
JazelleSparrow
Alright here's the thing, I was in this thread that was having a heated discussion about the British v Americans and there was someone posting that really disturbed me. Ok call me very uneducated in Paganism but something that she said really bothered me.

Quote:
u do know that pagan women ar serpose to sit around in feilds with over women stickin stone dildos up there privats

Now I know that this is not an educated post about religion, but I have to know something. Is there any historical fact for this or was this person just speaking out of her a**?? Like I said before, I just want to know and have an educated answer in this.

I wasn't going to post... but I keep forgetting that I've read this so, once I post, I'll see it and remember.

Mayhaps she is thinking about some of the Sex Magic concepts that some CM and Chaos Magicians imploy.

Hardly pagan by definition, but an interesting idea. I pray she was trying to be funny. In the event she is not, I really want to see her "historical sources" and test them (my guess is that this was pulled from some Chick Tract)  

TeaDidikai

JazelleSparrow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:57 pm
TeaDidikai
JazelleSparrow

Quote:

I wasn't going to post... but I keep forgetting that I've read this so, once I post, I'll see it and remember.

Mayhaps she is thinking about some of the Sex Magic concepts that some CM and Chaos Magicians imploy.

Hardly pagan by definition, but an interesting idea. I pray she was trying to be funny. In the event she is not, I really want to see her "historical sources" and test them (my guess is that this was pulled from some Chick Tract)

Yeah I brought up the Sex Magic thing, and asked I dunno how many times for actual historical fact, instead of her words and she wouldn't give them to me....  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:19 pm
JazelleSparrow
TeaDidikai
JazelleSparrow

Quote:

Yeah I brought up the Sex Magic thing, and asked I dunno how many times for actual historical fact, instead of her words and she wouldn't give them to me....

Slap her with the fallacy stick. Argumentum ex silentio  

TeaDidikai

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:44 pm
TeaDidikai
That doesn't sound like any sex magic ritual I've ever heard of, though it does sound like inquisition propaganda to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:29 am
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
That doesn't sound like any sex magic ritual I've ever heard of, though it does sound like inquisition propaganda to me.
You know the ritual I am talking about. The one where you masturbate over some inscribed magical goal.  

TeaDidikai

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:56 am
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
You know the ritual I am talking about. The one where you masturbate over some inscribed magical goal.
Yeah, but that's usually done in private, not out in some field.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:16 pm
I really do not know what to say about this subject. But a stone d***o. Wow! eek In a field eek I really doubt that she was talking about anything historical. Probably watched too much sci fi  

Mor Righ Anu

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:11 pm
Sounds like an imaginative account of a mixture of the old tales of "riding the broom" referring to women getting happy with a carved phallus concealed in the bristles, and the story of people jumping over brooms in fields to "tell the crops how high to go." Either of which may just be stories anyway.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff