Reply 'Tendo Cult~
What is your favorite Nintendo Console and why? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niko_ru_Neko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:26 pm
Since Nintendo has been around for a long time, since 1983, what your favorite console. from the Nintendo to the Wii, This includes Gameboys and Ds's. And the not so popular virtual boy. surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:30 pm
Dreamcast
ninja

*is beaten*

NES  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:33 pm
Wii. It has all the Nintendo home consoles and more consoles in one as well see.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:47 pm
Gotta go for the N64, since it got most of my favorite games on it.  

Vaettur

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:02 pm
The Wii, because it's the first console to really innovate and stir the market up enough to actually have the media hate it. Well, hate it more than they usually hate Nintendo. They hate what it represents. They hate its audience. They hate that it's different from the other two. God forbid we don't have another generation where all three consoles are similar and people argued over who had better analog sticks even though they were all the same thing. ******** you, Wii. How dare you be different. I'm going to make lots of shovelware and sell it on you, then I'm going to use the money I made from that and throw it away in HD developement.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:28 pm
I'm torn between N64, DS(all versions), and Gamecube

The N64 had probably what were the greatest games ever, minus the really good ones for other systems, and while the Snes playback wasn't available at the day and age, it started the console war.

DS is hard to explain, it lacks quality gameplay, but with the ability to play good DS games, GBA games with the backlight, and now take pictures and play music off SD cards, it is a great system, plus the fact that it's easily portable.

The Gamecube is pretty self-explanitory, it may not have N64 playback, but as long as you kept yours or it didn't break, that's no real issue. It also had GBA+GB playback and some features for GBA games as well as it's own that benefited from the fusion of the systems. It probably contains the highest amount of good games also,(Pikmin,Melee,WW,OoT+MM+FS disc, and SA2B just to name a few). It probably entertains me the most out of all the systems I have.  

CherubiMaster

Rargon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:35 pm
The N64.
All of the All-Time greatest Nintendo characters did great games like Banjo-Kazooie(D: Damn you Xbox) Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:48 pm
That's like trying to choose which of your kids is your favorite. But yeah, the Wii pretty much is the "all of the above" answer. As for portables, I find myself falling a bit out of love with the DS. The original DS was exciting when I heard about it, as is the DSi, but anymore I'm starting to lament the loss of the kinds of games we used to see on the GBA. For example, I would much rather play Metroid Zero Mission than Metroid Prime Hunters, but the whole genre of 2D games seems to be pretty much lost, and there's not enough 2.5D games to make up for it. That and it marks the loss of the 2D Zelda game. Phantom Hourglass was fun, and it was innovative, and the touchscreen controls worked great, but I want to see another Zelda along the lines of the Oracles and The Minish Cap, possibly with the touch screen as a supplement and not the main means of control, and it doesn't look like Spirit Tracks is going to deliver that.

...I didn't mean to launch into a rant like that. So I suppose I would have to say my favorites are the Wii and the Game Boy Advance.  

GuruGuru214

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:55 pm
Waynebrizzle
The Wii, because it's the first console to really innovate and stir the market up enough to actually have the media hate it. Well, hate it more than they usually hate Nintendo. They hate what it represents. They hate its audience. They hate that it's different from the other two. God forbid we don't have another generation where all three consoles are similar and people argued over who had better analog sticks even though they were all the same thing. ******** you, Wii. How dare you be different. I'm going to make lots of shovelware and sell it on you, then I'm going to use the money I made from that and throw it away in HD developement.
I love you.

The DS became my favorite very quickly, replacing the SNES, which had previously held the spot for 15+ years. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:59 am
The DS and the Wii  

Violet-Wish

Pachipie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:33 am
I'd have to say the SNES, since it was the first console I ever saw be used, and thus my first look into the video game world...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:48 am
Somewhere between, the 64, ds, and wii. Each one has it's own things I like about it, 64 got me into gaming all the time like I am now and of course the memories of playing friends in mario kart and so on. The ds was fun cause me and my friends would play our ds games against each other on the way to high school and the fact that ds has download play made it so much fun to play meteos. And the wii is just really fun to play brawl and the other games against friends, even if you can't see the drops of sweat running down your characters chin.  

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:06 am
I'm really torn between all the Nintendo Consoles and Handhelds, but I might have to say the Wii. Here's why:

1.) Virtual Console: While the Wii may not be able to directly play your NES, SNES, or N64 carts, you can still indirectly play them by downloading them into your system. In a way, that is probably backwards compatibility. You can also play a number of games that have been on non-Nintendo consoles, such as the Sega Genesis and the Hudson/NEC Turbografx-16, as well as a number of previously unreleased titles, namely imports.

And while the Classic Controller doesn't represent all the retro controllers, it still works pretty well in itself.

2.) New Ways to Play: Aside from the Virtual Console, there are also a bunch of new games on the Wii, both on discs and on WiiWare, that implement the various possible ways you can play video games with the Wii remote. You can hold it like a steering wheel (especially with the Wii Wheel accessory), you can use it like a gun (either alone, or with the Zapper), and even swing it like a sword or tennis racket. The gameplay will improve even further when Nintendo releases the MotionPlus accessory.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:14 pm
Nintendo DS, The original.
Too bad DS Lite can't play GBC games, and pity the new DSi is no longer reverse compatible at all...It just killed the uber streak Nintendo handhelds had for their reverse compatibility. . Though TV consoles are nice, I like to be able to take mine and play with it anywhere I go without any inconveniences.
Though I still adore my N64, I very much like that the DS has a few remakes, and I wish it'd have more; For tv consoles, my favorite would be the 64, though I preferred the SNES back when I was a kid, after a while, I learned to appreciate the awesomeness of 64-Bit

Pxlated

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

Skyly Miyu

Fashionable Explorer

10,525 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:27 pm
I'd have to go with the SNES. It's the system I started playing on, and has most of my favorite games on it. Super Mario Bros. 3, Megaman X, Gradius 3..and others.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff