Reply The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]
It was so odd today...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:20 pm
So I was at school standing in the lunch line behind one of my good friends. He was generally a talkative, relatively happy guy, but today, he was super quiet. Immediately, when I went to go talk to him, I guess you'd call it his aura, or energy surrounding him felt funny. We didn't carry on a super long conversation, but eventually, I asked if he was sad, and he confirmed it.

So he wouldn't tell me what was wrong, and I respected that, perhaps he needed to keep it to himself. though he did tell me it was a relationship thing. As we're progressing through the line to get food, I was getting sadder and sadder. I told him he was giving off a lot of sad energy and he said "I know. Just don't look at my eyes, it'll probably get worse." He was right. Just about everything about him was sad, especially his eyes, he looked like he was about to cry. We figured when we got out of line to go to sit at our own tables, that feeling would probably go away. I told him to "feel better", though I wish I could've said something better, since I know it was probably easier said than done. He just responded "Yeah..~" and we went to go sit at our own tables after getting our food.

As I sat down, while I didn't feel better immediately, the pressure that that I seemed to have felt in the lunch line was gone. I figured he was probably REALLY having it rough...He must have really had strong feelings for his girl...I hope they'll be alright.

When I went back to class, I recorded it down in one of my journals I keep (It's a portion of my book of shadows). I was recording what went on in the lunch line regarding his emotions and how projective he was about them without even saying anything at all. (though body language also suggested that he wasn't feeling too good) A lot of times when we were being silent, it really seemed like he wanted to speak, so he did, they were on and off conversations about bands, because he likes music...

So as I was recording the event, I felt like I was on the brink of crying. In fact, as I write it here, I still get sort of choked up, even though I have no idea what his situation was. It was, and still is, so weird. Though, when I was writing it out, I was SERIOUSLY about to cry.

I don't know what made me so receptive of his energy today. Perhaps he was more projective than he told me. Since normally, I don't think much of myself possibly being an empath, because this doesn't always happen. To me, there's a difference between knowing how people feel based on your inferences from body language, speech, etc.
Then there's just. Straight empathy, you KNOW how that person feels. Even though I'm sure I couldn't have quite felt his pain, I knew it was there because it felt literally like pressure, physically, in my head and chest.

I was thinking about talking to him about it, since he's generally a very understanding person, but I don't know...I'm hesitant and I'm not entirely sure if it's exactly something I should speak to him about, or bring up. I've only known him for my senior year since I transferred there.

Then again, it's my last year of high school, and I doubt I'll see him again after I graduate...

What do you guys make of this? It might be useful to know that I don't have any feelings for this guy, though. Am I just worried for my friend? Or was that some serious empathy reading? I know that some of you guys are empaths, and I'd like some input from you, or really, anybody.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 pm
Two questions:

How close are you to him (just acquantinces, friends, good friends, best friends, practically like family)?

Do you get that with anyone else, or has it just been him? If so, how close were you to those people?  

dark_angel_32189

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:07 pm
We're friends.
And I've only noticed it with him. I might've had this same experience with others, but this is the one time I've noticed. So like I said, I'm not sure if it was me being super receptive or him being super projective.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:22 pm
I don't know if it'd be the same for you, but the stronger the connection (not how close of a friend they are) I have with someone the more receptive I am to their moods. It doesn't happen often, but it usually starts with a person I've never met before. Every now and then I'll feel this pull towards a certain person; and eventually we'll start talking. Normally I become less receptive the longer I've known someone, but there is one person that I'm incredibly receptive too. We don't even have to be in the same building or have actually even seen or talked to each other that day for me to pick up on what he's feeling. Of course, that's not on a day-to-day basis, but it's enough to stand out to me.

It could be either or though, especially if it's the only time it's happened. Then it was probably just being really projective. But it is possible that you were also being receptive that day too.

I, personally, am more empathic towards animals. So I'm not really sure if it's the same with people or not...  

dark_angel_32189

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:38 pm
I don't know- It could have been anything that day. Perhaps it was his mood mixed with me being worried about him that opened up that sense, like you said. that'd be my best guess. Interesting thought though~  
The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games